Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Coming from Darkfall (Still play it by the way) i was hopnig not to see stuff like this on these forums

This is a MMORPG things take time, developing your character is part of the game, you do not need to be able to max out all skills in 2 hours how boring would that be.
    Dont paly the game for skill gains paly it to havve fun... if your constantly looking at your skills gonig up you will get bored as hell..

All MMOs are time consuming, its the point of playing them as to other genres.
    There just time consuming in other ways.
    Themeparks like WoW are time consuming with heroics and raids (restrictions on a raid once per week for example). Its how "end-game" came to be, because before WoW i'd never seen the term used :P You spend most your time raiding or doing heroics, so they made crafting quick and simple for cash and little satisfaction.

This game isnt about raids and dungeons, therefore the time consumption has to come from somewhere else. I.e. the gathering.
    Its not crafting really, as its pretty fast to craft something (hell i got 55 toolcraft recipes in 3 hours), its the collection of materials.
    People who leave there camp or homestead with all there tools are fools (put tools in pouches, drop em in camp). Take what ya need, travel light.
    Ok there will be times you're killed while scavenging, ive been killed several times, but this just adds to risk/benefit making scavenging actually more interesting.
    One thing i would say, putting 90 in strength will boost your carrying abilities (incase you didnt read the manual) and points in AGI will boost your speed swimming and up hills and running speed (combat too, but im not listing them all lol).
    Also, sometimes its better to carry stacks rather than sortting them, sort them out when your in camp as certain things (mainly metal sheets) weight you down considerably.

Learning how skill levels and the level bar work does help also instead of complaining, you could have asked hey wahts up whit hiding i tired it for hours walking hidden and got not a single point! then someone like em would come in and say, hello new guy, in order to skill level the hide skill you need to use it near a other player.

Ohhhh! thanks! .. .and how about scavenging? well thats a more easy solo skill but takes a bit before its really useful, the balance of that skill is that at high level its -really- really useful. you find skill books, blades, gain level xp more easy, you find materials like nails not bu 1-4 like when you pickup and sort metal but by the 50's or even higher. this will help you complete your wooden wall ten times as fast.

The "grind"in this game is mediocre compared to similar sort of games and most non-sandbox skill based mmo's. if you get bored doing someting go do something else and switch between them, nobody is saying you need to have everything done in a day.

Double post.. my bad
    No i'm no Noob fag

How's MO working out btw? There will always be a grind, either grinding resources, or grinding mobs to lvl. Even if the game is skill based lvl'ing vs exp points lvl'ing both require some sort of grind. Maybe MMO's aren't for you if you don't like grinding, obviously you've played MMO's before think back about all of them you've played did you grind in some manner in all of them? yes or no? If no go back and play that one then. I have yet to find an MMO that didn't have some sort of grind