Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My character did fine without a safe zone.

Safe Zones add boring. This game is all about being hard, giving you a great sense of accomplishment for even the smallest tasks (I was STOKED when I built me first fire!).

So no, they are not good nor are they in the spirit of Xsyon.

Agreed, playing in a completely unsafe world where anything goes makes the simplest of tasks quite the accomplishment.

You find some reare loot scavanging...awesome...now you have to get it back to your basket before someone takes it...adds a bit of thrill where otherwise you would just keep on scavanging untill your bag was full, then waddle back home.

Hell it makes me stop and look around before i even eat something or go get a drink of water, which would be boring aspects of the game if i wasnt vulnerable while doing it.

All great fun.

@fflhktsn how big do you think safe zones are? i am constantly doing the things you are talking about... im not often in my safe zone.

@jumpshot firstly you joined in feb, so i doubt you know much about the spirit of the game, especially considering it is has much deeper crafting than combat at this point in time. Secondly adding safe zones in a small radius around your totem does not make things much easier.

Both of you go back and read my original post, you clearly have missed the point of my post.

I did read your post, did you read mine? Or did you stop reading at the join date?

Let me reiterate.

Why would I build a cool fortress with choke points and IN GAME and IN CHARACTER safety features if I am just immune to PvP?

It would be cosmetic, and unrewarding. Now if I build a well thought out camp, and used it to defend myself and my tribe from attackers WHO COULD ATTACK ME... now that would be a win.

ALSO. Its cool that the crafting is more fleshed out, but combat is still in the game. And an important part of the game. When nothing CAN go wrong, games are boring. BORING.

You need that risk to feel the reward.

Tbh there should be noo safe zone. players should protect themself with walls and gates

Yes but give players the chance to build the defenses first, and then when they are ready they can afford to loose the safe zones... this is my point... if safe zones are down from the beginning do you really think any self respecting grei... sorry pk/pvper will give you the chance to build up defences? Only if they rp, which lets face it, very few pks do.

Tbh this whole safe zone thing is saving pvp from itself... given the chance there would be a few massive tribes killing each other and a ghost game because people got sick of getting destroyed straight away by people who cant delay killing people and messing up their game.

You can't tell me this wouldnt happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    Tbh there should be noo safe zone. players should protect themself with walls and gates
    You make a good point, and Jumpshot does, too. And if the walls and gates work to keep the Homestead/Tribal area safe, and work as well for a Homestead of 1 as for a Tribe of 100, I agree. Give us however many months to get it all set up + the time it will take to work out the rest of the pvp system and drop the invisible, magic barriers.

What I don't want to see is everyone forced to live behind huge walls in huge Tribes for protection. It's really boring and just like every other pvp game I've played. Now that's just my personal opinion, some people like being in the biggest guild in whatever game they're playing, and if I'm the only one who holds that opinion about mega-guild game play, or if, no matter how many people in game feel the same way I do, it's something that the devs are determined to see happen, that's okay with me. I didn't make this game. I'll enjoy my time prior to the advent of city states, and then I'll probably move on, unless my tastes change drastically. Meanwhile, there's time before safe zones change however they're going to change.

Nah, I'll be out there in the wilds, too. Even if I have to eat raccoons and make all my tools from stone. Gimme a good branch and and some flint, and that's all I need to give a fighting chance against most anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rykard View Post
    Nah, I'll be out there in the wilds, too. Even if I have to eat raccoons and make all my tools from stone. Gimme a good branch and and some flint, and that's all I need to give a fighting chance against most anything.
    Im surviving better than most with no clothes, no weapon, and only what i forage to eat and drink as needed. Tools are for cavemen.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    Im surviving better than most with no clothes, no weapon, and only what i forage to eat and drink as needed. Tools are for cavemen.
    Yeah, but that's a "Not Working As Intended" situation. Once combat makes some sense, you might want at least a loincloth to keep the squirrels from gathering your nuts.