Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrisy

I bet none of you whiners have basketry rolled, you were too busy rolling 5 intel and 90 fortitude so you can steal stuff around. Tough luck, my baskets stay locked. I'll be happy to sell you baskets to litter the world to prove a point. 10 nails a baskets and we got a deal. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    All they have ta do is add locks/lockpicking/thievery.

tooltip~ "The owner of this bag was a boyscout, therefore, you cannot understand how to get passed these freaking knotts. Use your knowledge of thievery? *pulls out some knife* If you cut the bag you might damage some of the items. Proceed? *BONG (can't forget that noise)*"
    I like this idea!! It fixes the problem while at the same time adding another dimension to the game

Quote Originally Posted by Chavoda View Post
    Once decay is enabled bins will decay, they will also decay in your homestead/tribe area, under roofs they will decay slower.
    This is a confirmed fact.

Anyone dropping bins around in game to make their point clear that currently they cant be removed is just waisting a lot of their time but eh..if they like making bins and dropping them around and see that as a good means to spent their time..*shrug*

Also note that it was at least at one point in the planning to make all bins loot able by use of a stealing skill. this no doubt will be in game far after decay is enabled but as far im aware its still in the plans.

that character bags cant be always looted is a unintended bug to do whit the permissions for open world storage containers, no doubt it will be fixed to but as we are all well aware (or should be if you keep yourself informed) they are working on the "last"big server issue's currently and then will start trowing out the bug fixes.
    Decay is "in the plans". Stealing is "in the plans".

Look at how long its taken just to get the game to a normal running state. How long do you think it will be before we get any new content or features? Xsyons population wont survive waiting around for things like decay and stealing to be implemented, the vast majority of the 30+ in my tribe have already refunded. They dont need to add anything to fix this, all they need to do is change the rules on bins and - just like that - they've solved a fairly significant game flaw.

We're going to be waiting until winter IRL before "stealing" gets put in, if it ever does.

I did preface my statement by saying, "if I understand correctly." Perhaps there are some things about the game that I didn't realize were unintended bugs, but rather that I thought were good ideas... go figure.

Admittedly, I'm even more confused now That's okay though, I'm enjoying the game and will continue to until, well until I don't, which is okay too.

I'm not suggesting this should be a solo game, I've met a number of really cool people in game I enjoy hanging out with! I also have solo games installed if that were my preference.

I'm just remembering other games I've played and trying to apply what I learned from their eventual failures and thus, I worry about the completely-lootable-all-the-time model that gives immense power to one segment of the population over another segment's enjoyment. I've heard the "you should get protection" argument in other games. They're empty servers now.

That may not happen here. No worries. I do personally continue to think that heading in that direction will make a lot of silent folks head out the door, and others not enter it to begin with. I'm not even saying that's necessarily a bad thing at this point since maybe that's what people want in the long run but... I do think it should be acknowledged and mentioned .

Sometimes people have a lower tolerance for risk than you might imagine as it causes a certain degree of frustration in real life which makes the experience less of a break from reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    I did preface my statement by saying, "if I understand correctly." Perhaps there are some things about the game that I didn't realize were unintended bugs, but rather that I thought were good ideas... go figure.

Admittedly, I'm even more confused now That's okay though, I'm enjoying the game and will continue to until, well until I don't, which is okay too.

I'm not suggesting this should be a solo game, I've met a number of really cool people in game I enjoy hanging out with! I also have solo games installed if that were my preference.

I'm just remembering other games I've played and trying to apply what I learned from their eventual failures and thus, I worry about the completely-lootable-all-the-time model that gives immense power to one segment of the population over another segment's enjoyment. I've heard the "you should get protection" argument in other games. They're empty servers now.

That may not happen here. No worries. I do personally continue to think that heading in that direction will make a lot of silent folks head out the door, and others not enter it to begin with. I'm not even saying that's necessarily a bad thing at this point since maybe that's what people want in the long run but... I do think it should be acknowledged and mentioned .

Sometimes people have a lower tolerance for risk than you might imagine as it causes a certain degree of frustration in real life which makes the experience less of a break from reality.
    Neither this game in its current state, nor the suggestions being mentioned here, are in the hopes of a "completely lootable all the time model" game.

If you're inside your safezone, you cant be killed or looted.
    If your bin is inside your safezone, it can't be looted.

What we want is for bins -outside- safezones to be lootable. No one here is asking for complete anarchy, ffa looting and killing at will or any of that. Thats a different topic.

I just wish Jordi should start turning stuff on. Even it causes issues, at least it's something to delve into. At this point, there aren't going to many people at all starting a monthly subscription. If that ends up being the case... This game is dead.

Jordi needs to stop listen to people who dont know crap about gaming. Few carebears ruining this game.
    That all!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrisy

I bet none of you whiners have basketry rolled, you were too busy rolling 5 intel and 90 fortitude so you can steal stuff around. Tough luck, my baskets stay locked. I'll be happy to sell you baskets to litter the world to prove a point. 10 nails a baskets and we got a deal. LOL!
    Players without basketry have zero problem putting permissions on baskets. I hope this helps you with your problems.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    Neither this game in its current state, nor the suggestions being mentioned here, are in the hopes of a "completely lootable all the time model" game.

If you're inside your safezone, you cant be killed or looted.
    If your bin is inside your safezone, it can't be looted.

What we want is for bins -outside- safezones to be lootable. No one here is asking for complete anarchy, ffa looting and killing at will or any of that. Thats a different topic.
    Yeah, I think I see what you're saying. I'm drawing a distinction between the bins that people are placing on the ground versus the pouches I carry on my person.

From what I'm sort of understanding from what everyone here is saying, the pouches I carry on my person will become fully lootable as well... as opposed to the current scenario where only what I'm wearing is lootable. I had sort of eluded to it being an "either in the safe zone" or an "out of the safe zone" from a coding perspective at which point the bins on the ground and those on my person are inextricably linked... thus not allowing the distinction I'm trying to draw.

I don't know if bags lootable on the player is how it was in beta and was only recently (and temporarily) altered? Wasn't around in beta. I would feel better knowing that was the case and that had already proven sustainable.

I just have my doubts as to how that would work out for quite a few folks out there but again, perhaps the concept was already proven in beta, or perhaps my concerns are founded... I'll wait and see.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    Jordi needs to stop listen to people who dont know crap about gaming. Few carebears ruining this game.
    That all!!!
    Jordi needs to stop listening to few wannabe gankers who want to switch everything off... oh wait... he doesn't. Cry me a river.