Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cejay View Post
    Please read the post - the War server has no safe zones, thus making your argument somewhat...invalid.
    Actually yes it does, the safe zones will be removed "during" prelude

The War server will have safe zones removed during the Prelude. The plan is to evolve this server to focus more on tribal warfare and conquest as quickly as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    Both servers will be exactly the same, same exact content, only difference is that the WAR server will loose the safe zones during prelude.

The 2 servers had to be done for population reasons. It was not decided because they wanted to different game times
    So ok, we have to have 2 servers because your marketing was better than expected. That is honestly great news - GJ.

However, why should the servers differ in rulesets?

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    Both servers will be exactly the same, same exact content, only difference is that the WAR server will loose the safe zones during prelude.

The 2 servers had to be done for population reasons. It was not decided because they wanted to different game times
    ok i understand that but how is it going to work ?

constent ganking constent fighting ?

how is wars going to be done ?

Virtus -

Will the Peace server have safe zones removed after Prelude or will the areas always be optional and safe after that chapter ends?

Quote Originally Posted by Phayz View Post
    Actually yes it does, the safe zones will be removed "during" prelude

The War server will have safe zones removed during the Prelude. The plan is to evolve this server to focus more on tribal warfare and conquest as quickly as possible.
    Which could be 30 seconds in, 3 days in or 3 months.

Im actually frustrated because it's yet another major change without giving any real information about it.

Quote Originally Posted by datagoblin View Post
    Erase the hate buddy...Its totally uncalled for.
    Any sense of hate that you may have picked up from my post is no different than the same sense of hate that I picked up from STAR_GOD toward Jordi and his decision. Stop attempting to make everyone out as your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by cejay View Post
    There seems to be a huge amount of Pandemic posting here - this may be timezone issues, but.

Yeah, I know lots of the origional playerbase hates us, however if you need to take a game to a sucessful level, you need to cater to the playerbase.

Now, I know from IRL experience that a normal MMO playerbase is 90% PvE and 10% PvP (roughly).

If Notorious wish to cater to the majority, please just say so - we will understand, and all the PvPers will get a refund and go play a different game.

If Notorious do wish to cater to the 10% that is PvP, please do so in a way that makes PvP viable in your sandbox game, rather than craeting a server that is "for PvP" that no intelligent PvPer would join (thus constricting us to consential PvP - ie PvE).

Yeah, our clan took all of 10 minutes to decide for refund or Peace. Worrying if were the "worst" griefers etc in the game.
    WTF are you talking about?? The whole reason there is 2 servers is because pvpers complained about it RELENTLESSLY. He did cater to you! The whole plan was to have prelude last for 9 months with the safe zones in place. * shrugs * I don't get it.

I don't really see it being a problem.. who's to say some of our evil pvp tribes we have now will choose to remain on the Peace server until the end of prelude. In any case if your numbers are right and 90% are carebears then I guess he choose wisely. Stop threatening with refunds because I will tell you this much .. if he took out pvp all together added some evil bears or zombies that attacked people on a regular bases and called it SimCarebears he would have a billion people playing it. This game is that good.

As a crafter/scavenger I find the idea of the PvE server to be fairly boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Treepoet View Post
    Any sense of hate that you may have picked up from my post is no different than the same sense of hate that I picked up from STAR_GOD toward Jordi and his decision. Stop attempting to make everyone out as your enemies.
    Basically your saying I am doing what you were doing in regards to Star_God...Either way, fair enough...*BIG WARM FUZZY HUG* BFF! There ya go...Now back to the original topic at hand.

Actually, this is just not thought through.

Please give us more information:

Time that War and Peace safe zones will go down.

Any ruleset differences between the two other than that.

Why in THE WORLD would you let people make characters on both - other than to let carebears PvP (EDIT:grief)?

As it stands, your playerbase will *at best* split 80/20 - this still overcrowding Peace.

Any communication would be appreciated.