Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I just wish Jordi or someone would address the economic issues with this game. It's like they don't even know that they exist.

It really isn't a hard fix to make items valuable. Many have outlined how to do this. It's just either they don't care or think other tasks are more important. Making items (resources and crafted items) have value is #1 in my book.

But without addressing the PvP side too, it's pointless. Even if there was massive value as far as gathering and creating an item goes, it has no value in terms of UTILITY.

You can craft and use that rare armor, but why? You can gather those rare materials and build an awesome fortress/castle building, but why?

What purpose does doing either have? This can be applied to every single item in the game. Even a craft knife. Why make that Supreme Master Pioneer Craft Knife if what that knife makes has no use?

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    I just wish Jordi or someone would address the economic issues with this game. It's like they don't even know that they exist.

It really isn't a hard fix to make items valuable. Many have outlined how to do this. It's just either they don't care or think other tasks are more important. Making items (resources and crafted items) have value is #1 in my book.

But without addressing the PvP side too, it's pointless. Even if there was massive value as far as gathering and creating an item goes, it has no value in terms of UTILITY.

You can craft and use that rare armor, but why? You can gather those rare materials and build an awesome fortress/castle building, but why?

What purpose does doing either have? This can be applied to every single item in the game. Even a craft knife. Why make that Supreme Master Pioneer Craft Knife if what that knife makes has no use?

I do want to say that if they had random NPC attacks that blew up towns, and those NPCs were strong, which required good gear and other resources to defend vs, then econ would be a big boon. Plus people would band together instead of solo all the time.

Just saying, not always is PVP required. I believe PVP with rare local resources to fight for that add good bonuses, would be easier.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post

I stopped playing because Xsyon doesn't seem like a real game to me. It is like a Monopoly game, without any rules. You can move around the board, but why? You can build a house, but can do nothing with it. It is not really a game, just the working framework for a possible game. If the stuff you craft has no meaning or value in the game, then there is no "game", really. That's why I left.

I initially had quite a lot of fun with this game, but it just never really developed into something meaningful.

I guess what it needs is a few worthwhile recipes that require resources that are limited in location. I think the battle for resources really should have been a key part of this game and yet it was poorly implemented.

I never found any meaningful PvP, it was either griefing or nothing.

In answer to the question; I really wanted this game to be about exploration. My interest died the day people starting posting maps (that were simply taken from the data files). I would genuinely come back if there was a new map, with worthwhile resource locations, and everything was actually hidden from the players (ie encrypted). I still think it would be fun to search for stuff and then build tribes.

1: The lack of skill decay, the point of where everyone can get everything with no effort making trade pointless, no point in combat, agriculture, carts, zombies, archery, broken architecture where i got pretty high up and everything just stopped.

2: When they fixed the above and added.. more, atm its still to repetative where everyone is a clone of eachother.

Seems nobody has mentioned Stat gains. I see this as a problem as well. 3 days of choppin trees for 1.5 gain in str. Insane.

SOme sort of a tutorial on some basics would also be nice. Many dont have a clue about where to even begin. Tutorial could also point out the hazards of Chopping ALL trees, or pulling grass/metal/cloth ect to the bare dirt. Many places ruined simply because they dont know these things.

Bows and archery. Was stated WAAAYYYY Back in Janruary that Bows and arrows were 'ready to go' WTF. 10 mos later still not in game?

Alignment gains and losses mean what? What is the down side to being Evil over good? Without some reason NOT to kill everyone you see we all know what kind of chars that is going to breed......Mortal online nightmares yet?

Hmm... bring me back.

-F2P option, If a product is good I will pay for it, if it is bad I wont play, if its "eh" I will play it till it gets good or something better comes along. F2P brings a population boost which is something any sandbox game needs.

-My combat overhall and suggestions that was locked in another forum. In short Roma Victor's combat system.

-Archery, spears, two handed weapons, non-native ameican themed armour, ranged weapons (thrown weapons)

-Pets, and Mounts

-Farming

-animal husbandry

-Pros and cons to housing... Like a crafting bonus while working inside a certain type of structure.

-eating and drinking that makes sense.

-player owned controlled NPCs. (like Roma Victor, just smarter.)

These are just a few things.

Yeah hodo, im thinking of making a list.

Left because there didn't seem to be a reason why we were building our wonderful towns and things. I left when animals were just being added back in so when I was playing there wasn't any animal or they were horribly sparse. Wanted to see abandoned totems expire or decay and wanted some reason to have to keep crafting. Some animals/zombies etc attacking towns would be nice. At the time I just didn't figure it was worth subscribing too although I love the premise and I quite like the look of the game too.