Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: death

if they pay for that extra account to have a alt that can run around and mule resources around, thats pretty sad, not using for anything else.

but to each his own. if that's the case and they pay there monthly for that only purpose i really dont care then that's there prerogative

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    if they pay for that extra account to have a alt that can run around and mule resources around, thats pretty sad, not using for anything else.

but to each his own. if that's the case and they pay there monthly for that only purpose i really dont care then that's there prerogative
    So you are ok with econ being messed up because a person or 2 could buy 2 or 3 accounts?
    Really?

I dunno about you but a few people paying extra for a few accounts to destroy the econ of rare items and many other aspects of a game is a pretty good trade off. I look at games with great econ systems and allowing something like this in say EVE online, would break it so much I couldnt even begin to think how badly it would effect it.

- Alt accounts are not a rare thing.

- Because of the way encumbrance works in this game, you'll never be carrying so much that you're going to quit the game if you die, so nothing is wrong with a "corpse run". Jordi also said that gear will be easily replaceable (already obvious).

- Don't be surprised to see an invulnerable timer for XP loss after a death to keep people from losing mass XP while their area is being raided for a long period of time.

- The last bullet point shows how ghosting a death can be used for no risk travel.

- If you get killed in PvP, you won't be doing a corpse run, anyway. Your shit will be gone. It will also be gone in a PvE death if someone saw you die.

- Accountability.

I'm sure there will be some sort of revive skill in the future, so the OMG-I-died-and-I'm-raging-please-rez-me-so-I-don't-quit-Xsyon-this-game-should-allow-us-to-respawn-at-our-corpse people won't cry as much, unless they are running solo and die.

how about we wait for rez mechanics to be inplace before we start adding penalties

I still think that respawning at your totem after each death is a bad idea. The people who wants this are 100% carebears. Simple people who traveled long distance will use this method to go back. Its an exploit. Not good. Unless your gear is left at your corpse.

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    I still think that respawning at your totem after each death is a bad idea. The people who wants this are 100% carebears. Simple people who traveled long distance will use this method to go back. Its an exploit. Not good. Unless your gear is left at your corpse.
    Which is exactly what many people have pointed out about 47,000 times already. Easy fix... Loot left on corpse!

"Carebears" would actually want respawn to happen at the corpse, because it's no risk/no accountability gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    So you are ok with econ being messed up because a person or 2 could buy 2 or 3 accounts?
    Really?

I dunno about you but a few people paying extra for a few accounts to destroy the econ of rare items and many other aspects of a game is a pretty good trade off. I look at games with great econ systems and allowing something like this in say EVE online, would break it so much I couldnt even begin to think how badly it would effect it.
    Are you saying you don't think people in eve have multiple accounts?
    Multiple accounts won't kill the game, as resources become more rare and contested it won't matter if you have your mule sitting on some oil. Those 10 guys will take it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade512 View Post
    Are you saying you don't think people in eve have multiple accounts?
    Multiple accounts won't kill the game, as resources become more rare and contested it won't matter if you have your mule sitting on some oil. Those 10 guys will take it anyway.
    Does EVE allow you to die and respawn at your totem with all your loot?

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    Does EVE allow you to die and respawn at your totem with all your loot?
    Nope. But they did give you an escape pod, clones and insurance. =P

Personally, I don't care much if I respawn naked or with everything. I make my own armor and weapons so it's not a huge loss to me. If I'm out sight seeing I'm likely not wearing anything anyway. If I'm out gathering I'm around the settlement. Its just not a huge deal regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade512 View Post
    Nope. But they did give you an escape pod, clones and insurance. =P

Personally, I don't care much if I respawn naked or with everything. I make my own armor and weapons so it's not a huge loss to me. If I'm out sight seeing I'm likely not wearing anything anyway. If I'm out gathering I'm around the settlement. Its just not a huge deal regardless.
    Yes, but none of your loot. I've played EVE. Was asking a rhetorical question.

Death needs to be simple. Die and your shit is left behind. Respawn at totem. Simple and effective. Covers resource/travel exploits. It has accountability for the person who died and reward for anyone earning (or finding) a corpse to loot.