View Poll Results: Do you have multiple accounts?

Voters
202. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. One is enough

154 76.24%
  • Yes. I need my crafter and my PVP alt

17 8.42%
  • Yes. I have multiple accounts so I can be self sufficient

19 9.41%
  • Yes. I just bought a bunch to help out the company.

12 5.94%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tilla View Post
    Hmm that might be something to address. Perhaps it needs to be analyzed further - restrictions on conflicting interests. Not very sandboxxy but this is definitely exploitable.

edit: oh god *random series of consonants* we're starting to agree more. I ..I need to shower.
    i agree...its not sandox in any way to allow a segment of the community to bypass the game.

and im still interested in those "ponies"

Quote Originally Posted by Mystais View Post
    Agree on both counts. I have two accounts, one for a crafter and one for a warrior. Let's me experience both sides of the game and better help where needed by my tribe. ex. If the tribe is being attacked, my crafter would feel kinda useless... log on the warrior and defend.
    There is a separate soft cap for each (combat and crafting). You probably won't need more than one account, unless decay can happen all the way back down to skill level 5.

I wish all skills would have been under the same soft cap, but... Oh well. As of now, it seems we'll all be able to be an elite crafter and elite combatant on one character, which I don't agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    There is a separate soft cap for each (combat and crafting). You probably won't need more than one account, unless decay can happen all the way back down to skill level 5.

I wish all skills would have been under the same soft cap, but... Oh well. As of now, it seems we'll all be able to be an elite crafter and elite combatant on one character, which I don't agree with.
    Not for stats though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystais View Post
    Not for stats though.
    We have to see how fast/slow they go.

Yes. One for me and one for my wife.

Ive got one. might possibly get 2, one for me, and one for my son...all depends on how his report card is looking..haha

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    Oh well. As of now, it seems we'll all be able to be an elite crafter and elite combatant on one character, which I don't agree with.
    This seems like a win for everyone who doens't want to buy two accounts...

I've been thinking about how it would be nice to be able to have an alt to play with a small homestead outside of any tribe I may join's territory, just for the fun of making a solo one.. I guess it would depend on how the game goes and how I take to it

A lot depends on how stat/skill decay will be implemented. I have heard quite a few different opinions on "how it will actually work", but nobody really knows at this point, it seems.

If the decay is fast, it will mean constantly "grinding" the skills/stats that you want to keep as your main focus on a character. That could become tiresome if you have more than 1 account.

It could also mean that having an alt account that is not used constantly will lose all it's stat/skill progression after a while.

A high-skilled crafter would have to make and destroy items, not because someone needs these items, but simply to maintain his skills, for instance.

Quite some people will have more than one account, it's the nature of the beast.

Competitive players will be using all means they have to get a competitive edge, amongst these means will be multi-accounting and multi-boxing. Personally I consider it as a from of cheating but of course I'm aware that it isn't cheating in the sense of violating the ToS.

We will see how it pans out: I assume there will be a lot of homesteads in the game that are placeholders for alt accounts. I also wouldn't be surprised to see tribes forming "alt-tribes" to cover more resources.