Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Here's an idea. Take my dependence off the junk pile completely. If I get my scavenging skill high enough, let me be able to find anything, anywhere, in the same abundance as on a JP. But only until the mists open up. I'll gladly grind up scavenging in that case, and settle in a pretty, distant spot, maybe with a grassy field and a waterfall, far from any of the precious tribes and their fences.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Well, we can always play politics back, I suppose. Go ahead, fence me in. I'll make sure whatever junk I'm sitting on can't be used by you, ever.

Edit: Just in case it's not obvious, I'm not directing this at the person I quoted, but at tribes with people in it like baka.

Edit again: Did you know baka means stupid in Japanese?
    Just make sure the junk heap you sit on has a water entrance and exit

Quote Originally Posted by Tandarie View Post
    Just make sure the junk heap you sit on has a water entrance and exit
    It will, and if they fence me, I'll stay put and make their lives as miserable as possible. If they can grief me by trapping me in their tribe land, no one can ban me for griefing back, right? Ha! Like I expect fairness now, after this. Right.

I'm actually scurrying yet again all over the damn map trying to find a place with water and a tiny JP so far out in the boonies that a greedy pig of a tribe won't want it. But of course, my efforts are being impeded by invisible barriers again. I don't know why this started happening, but I can't cross zone boundaries now. A guide was really nice and helped me get out of it the first time, but I bloody can't pester a guide every five minutes, now can I? I have no idea why this is happening, either. My drivers are up to date, I haven't changed anything, and FRAPS (something I was using when this issue first arose) is now not running or even open.

I am having one helluva bad day.

Man, so much angst towards me. I'm just trying to point out that the sky is not falling, & there are ways to sort of deal with the fence problem if Jordi doesn't change it (which he probably will). You people are mean!!!

Edit: No, I totally didn't know Baka means stupid. I didn't know it when I chose the nickname & nobody has ever bothered to point it out to me in the years I have been using this handle. Thank you so much for setting me straight!!!

Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    Man, so much angst towards me. I'm just trying to point out that the sky is not falling, & there are ways to sort of deal with the fence problem if Jordi doesn't change it (which he probably will). You people are mean!!!

Edit: No, I totally didn't know Baka means stupid. I didn't know it when I chose the nickname & nobody has ever bothered to point it out to me in the years I have been using this handle. Thank you so much for setting me straight!!!
    Trust me, dear, this isn't directed at you or any one person. I simply believe you haven't put yourself in a solo player's shoes and thought any of it through. It's easy NOT to think it through, if it doesn't affect you. But it does affect me. And I've grown to really enjoy this game. I have to say, I'd be less sleep deprived if I quit. I like it that much. So much fun, so much to do, nothing comes close to it.

But I can't join a tribe. Not at first, maybe not ever. I'm not wired that way. And I'm really upset that I might not have a viable solo playstyle now. I don't ask for much, either. Am I fussing about reduced land size? Nah, I'll get by. Am I fussing about travelling a zillion miles to and from my homestead in the boonies for trade? Nah, I don't mind that at all, actually. But if there's no way I can craft or build because I can't get to the resource I need to do it, well I'm screwed, aren't I?

And like I said in the other post, now I can't even go exploring again, because I'm having some kind of glitch, and I don't understand what computer setting or whatever I can alter to fix it. And I'm not going to waste a guide's time every time I'm stuck at a boundary, because that would be every fifteen minutes or so, and they're busy enough.

It will, and if they fence me, I'll stay put and make their lives as miserable as possible. If they can grief me by trapping me in their tribe land, no one can ban me for griefing back, right? Ha! Like I expect fairness now, after this. Right.

I'm actually scurrying yet again all over the damn map trying to find a place with water and a tiny JP so far out in the boonies that a greedy pig of a tribe won't want it. But of course, my efforts are being impeded by invisible barriers again. I don't know why this started happening, but I can't cross zone boundaries now. A guide was really nice and helped me get out of it the first time, but I bloody can't pester a guide every five minutes, now can I? I have no idea why this is happening, either. My drivers are up to date, I haven't changed anything, and FRAPS (something I was using when this issue first arose) is now not running or even open.

I am having one helluva bad day.
    And I'm pretty sure if he just added MORE JUNK scattered around the place away from the lake everyone would be happy. I would rather live where there are plenty of trees and animals anyways. I have spent hours and hours exploring every zone there is. The world he made for us is HUGE. Just Jackson Pollock it with some junk please and I will be ever so happy to leave the VERY VERY important and much more deserving tribes alone at the lake. ( If I ever find a way to make poison and put it in the waterfalls you're all in trouble )

I just wanted to add my thanks for this move. I could see the very few up sides to the server split, but there is so much more to be gained by having everyone together. This news made me smile and want to play again. Thank you! Now if I could just pan for gold in the streams....that would make my year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandarie View Post
    And I'm pretty sure if he just added MORE JUNK scattered around the place away from the lake everyone would be happy. I would rather live where there are plenty of trees and animals anyways. I have spent hours and hours exploring every zone there is. The world he made for us is HUGE. Just Jackson Pollock it with some junk please and I will be ever so happy to leave the VERY VERY important and much more deserving tribes alone at the lake. ( If I ever find a way to make poison and put it in the waterfalls you're all in trouble )
    Remind me not to piss you off!

But there's something we're both not considering with the 'add more junk piles' or 'make it so we can find more junk away from junk' suggestions. And that's the coding. Would it overload anything? Cause other issues beyond what I can even consider? If not, yeah, please, just put more junk in. But if that would cause more problems with lag or glitches, then what can be done?

Oh won't it? Then why put the mechanic in place that makes it possible?
    Because as you said its really not thought out. For me it sounds much more like a quick fix for launch day then a permanent solution.

Great decision by Jooky(sp?) IMHO. I want to play with a big population, period. If that population finally reaches a critical mass sometime in the future, then open up additional servers with addditional personnel to manage them.