Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sxxxxe View Post
    i agree too this as well.

In my point of view this is definitely a broken game feature or at least a miss conception.
    Its fine and necessary that tribe members can defend their territory but everyone has to be able to fight BACK.

Here are my suggestions:

1. Visitor walks on tribal land but he cannot attack someone from that tribe (so we get a save tribal zone).
    2. Visitor walks on tribal land and gets attacked he can defend himself, cause he has not shown any aggressiveness.
    3. Visitor walks on tribal land and start stealing resources he can be attacked.

I see the reasons why it is like it is but this feature destroy exploring completely. Think about a traders who trie to reach tribals, there is no way he can protect himself.

Thx
    This altough I would add

3. Visitor walks on tribal land and start stealing resources he can be attacked and not be able to defend himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevron View Post

I tested this in three diffrent tribe lands to be sure and found that if i walk on a tribes land they can attack me "Without" me provoking them or taking resources and yet they remain completly "INVULNRABLE" to my attacks so there is no self defense.
    An evil tribe's land is not a safe zone, you can fight back there.

If you walk into a good/neutral tribe's territory, if they attack when you are not flagged for stealing and you are not an evil player then the tribe or the attacker will lose his 'good' alignment. Good/neutral tribes won't risk it.

The people claiming this is a stable game mechanic that will stop griefing are so far off it is ridiculous. This mechanic creats an enclosed community and deters global trading but actually Creates Hardcore Griefing.

A guy runs through a tribes territory to save himself a 20 min walkaround with a good deal of loot and is attacked only to find that he cannot fight back which will = Rage and this guy gathering his buddys to wait untill your land is clear of people and will at that point gather your resources throughout the night while just deleating them as it will be his only way to get back at you.

I can tell you this is exactly the type of behavior that will happen. It will be far more extreme then somone coming on to your land and attempting to get you to attack them. You don't have to take my word for it I am telling you and the devs...People will rage and destroy resources after being killed and not able to fight back as it is not QQ it is simply all we are able to do to get back at the invulnrable person who killed us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    An evil tribe's land is not a safe zone, you can fight back there.

If you walk into a good/neutral tribe's territory, if they attack when you are not flagged for stealing and you are not an evil player then the tribe or the attacker will lose his 'good' alignment. Good/neutral tribes won't risk it.
    Post link to to this quote or info from dev and if it is true it is a mechanic that does not work currently.

Pretty much. We ran across some guys yesterday that wouldn't come out of their town to fight even though they're PVPers, so we started chopping down and destroying all their trees (had there been more we could do to entice them out we would have). The latter behavior will only get worse (or better depending on your pov) so long as you can't fight back.

imo, dev guy needs to decide if he wants an accurate view of a post apocalyptic world or not.

The people claiming this is a stable game mechanic that will stop griefing are so far off it is ridiculous. This mechanic creats an enclosed community and deters global trading but actually Creates Hardcore Griefing.

A guy runs through a tribes territory to save himself a 20 min walkaround with a good deal of loot and is attacked only to find that he cannot fight back which will = Rage and this guy gathering his buddys to wait untill your land is clear of people and will at that point gather your resources throughout the night while just deleating them as it will be his only way to get back at you.

I can tell you this is exactly the type of behavior that will happen. It will be far more extreme then somone coming on to your land and attempting to get you to attack them. You don't have to take my word for it I am telling you and the devs...People will rage and destroy resources after being killed and not able to fight back as it is not QQ it is simply all we are able to do to get back at the invulnrable person who killed us.
    That will happen anyway, there is no way to avoid it right now. If an evil player is silly enough to run into the middle of his enemy's (aka good tribes) land he will die. Even if he could fight back he would be so outnumbered that he would QQ anyway after being killed.

And as far as I see, stealing and destroying resources will happen. Griefers don't need a reason to grief, they just do it for fun.

To your second point, I am working on an Outfitters post, if you come on my land it will because I welcome open trading, chances are that most tribes will be like this.. why make a quest totem! The tribes that KOS anyone not in their tribe are probably the PvP tribes and to be honest, I think they are reckless and unorganized right now. This whole PvP kill on sight, gank anyone you see will settle down once the warring feature is implemented. If anyone comes onto my homestead they will be greeted warmly, I do not feel threated on my own land as I can not be harmed. Why would I attack anyone that is looking to do business? So don't assume that allot of tribal lands you will be KOS'd, that simply is not the case.

Hmmm, have you considered.....not killing a guy that runs through tribes territory? You know, you dont have to gank everything that walks, crawls and flies, but i guess, that goes against your "playstyle".

So, fear destruction of your own resources by vengeful people you killed (and looted). And im pretty sure certain tribes will do that regularly to some other tribes, so that other tribes will have all the more satisfaction to kick poachers out with god-mode.

I like idea of status quo safe zones more and more

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    The latter behavior will only get worse (or better depending on your pov) so long as you can't fight back.
    No it won't. If it rises to a level of "griefing" a tribe/player in attempt to goad them into engaging you in "Pvp", the griefers will be dealt with by the GM's. Griefing is not an accepted form of gameplay.

Post link to to this quote or info from dev and if it is true it is a mechanic that does not work currently.
    When tribes are formed an overall tribe alignment is chosen. Players in a good or neutral tribe will automatically become outcasts if they ‘gank’ a good or neutral player of a non enemy tribe.
    link:http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...-and-Decisions

And you are right, the alignment system is switched off for now.