Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    originally posted by Xsyon;

Lag is not being caused simply by the amount of players online, but the more players online the more likely the causes of lag will be triggered. Once these happen, lag will build up over time and alleviate only when the most lagged players log off.

So when you start to see lag... log off. If everyone does this, it will stop the lag from building up!

I started to log off as soon as I see lag already I dont know if it helps but something must be done to allow us to play.. Day 2 and I have only gotten 4 hours in the rest of the time waiting for lag to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Vander View Post
    It wasn't an inclusive statement. He wasn't saying 'every' hardcore player is complaining. His statement is likely quite true. If there is more than one hardcore gamer complaining then the statement is accurate.
    My problem with the statement is that it obnoxiously insinuates that he and his clan are "hardcore players," when in fact I don't believe I've ever seen one of their preciously coordinated signature banners without it first being preceded by a long-winded complaint. Not since the Beatles has a bigger band of wankers been assembled.

In case anyone missed it:

March 16 2011

Hello everyone!

We are currently focused on the lag issues. The server ran with little lag and no rollbacks all night. As more players logged on this morning, lag started to build up again.

I will summarize as best as I can what we've fixed and what we are currently working on.

The lag is not a simple issue as it can be caused by many things. A few weeks ago the main bottleneck was a bandwidth limit. With this removed, we've been tracking and fixing other causes of lag. Although when you are in game during lag, it's definitely frustrating and difficult to see our progress, a lot of progress has been made.

Lag is not being caused simply by the amount of players online, but the more players online the more likely the causes of lag will be triggered. Once these happen, lag will build up over time and alleviate only when the most lagged players log off.

What we are doing is measuring the most critical functions that are causing things to get backed up. Earlier, these were terrain functions, but with these optimized, other functions have become the problem.

With each improved update, we can handle more players before lag is triggered. We will continue to optimize, update and detect the next problem area in the code.

Thanks again for your patience and for all the reports.

Quote Originally Posted by cejay View Post
    FYI those of us who are in game know that he does NOT know what is causing it, but is working hard (along with all of us, the non-forum-warrior community, giving him feedback) to fix it.
    Actually wrong, this morning he logged in the game and explained the problem is the server isn't dumping the action logs and is why the lag gets worse over time, he knows what the problem is and he is currently working on code to create a dumpfile to stop it from happening. It does suck and this is a problem that should have been fixed awhile ago but atleast they know what it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by millsdo View Post
    In case anyone missed it:

March 16 2011

Hello everyone!

We are currently focused on the lag issues. The server ran with little lag and no rollbacks all night. As more players logged on this morning, lag started to build up again.

I will summarize as best as I can what we've fixed and what we are currently working on.

The lag is not a simple issue as it can be caused by many things. A few weeks ago the main bottleneck was a bandwidth limit. With this removed, we've been tracking and fixing other causes of lag. Although when you are in game during lag, it's definitely frustrating and difficult to see our progress, a lot of progress has been made.

What we are doing is measuring the most critical functions that are causing things to get backed up. Earlier, these were terrain functions, but with these optimized, other functions have become the problem.

With each improved update, we can handle more players before lag is triggered. We will continue to optimize, update and detect the next problem area in the code.

Thanks again for your patience and for all the reports.
    Also incase you missed you... there wasnt lag the night of release either I was up working that night and in the morning was the large rollback.
    Most us know what the update say, what is doesn't say is what the problem was.

DISCLAIMER: I am only refuting these points. I have already gotten my $40 worth IMO but....

Quote Originally Posted by nordsee1980 View Post
    Yes we get 2 weeks extra and end of march beginning our 2 montht that we paid for. Keep cool its an indie crew that programming that nice Sandbox game.

Hey Captain Kirk why are u not on ur Spaceship. Ur Crew need his Captain.
    The 2 weeks was for the 2 week head start we missed. . not these days. Again, I am not complaining and happy to play. . I don't want extra time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade512 View Post
    When you buy an mmo all you buy is the disc or download. They don't HAVE to let you on the server til you pay a monthly fee. It's just kinda custom for most games to give you a free month. However Xsyon was kind enough to give us two, plus time in pre-release plus two weeks extra.
    People keep saying this despite the fact that the TOS says you are NOT buying a physical item but the service specifically. Having said that it does go on to say it is provided AS IS. . but I keep hearing this. . we are paying for the service. . good or bad. . not the disk. So we are paying for whatever they decide to give us true. .they were very clear about the fact that the opposite of what you stated is true.

I am not crying. . I love the game. . happy to play in the lag and all that. . but the answers people give to someone crying about it should at least be accurate.

"The Xsyon proprietary Game Client (the "Software") can be obtained as a FREE online download and is required for your usage of the Service. The software is a free download provided “AS IS.”"

"Xsyon (the "Service") is an interactive multiplayer online game world provided by Notorious Games, a Nevada LLC. It is not a product purchase. "

So. . . in fact. .the game was "free" and the $40 was for the "included" (not free) 2 months and early access. Man I am tired and grumpy.

As much as this lag sucks, I honestly think there have been significant improvements made in the last day and 1/2. I haven't had my character rolled back much since the great rollback of 15 MAR 2011, I am able to play for longer periods of time before the lag sets in.

Having said that, much more improvement is needed (obviously), and I think the Devs are working very hard to fix it. I have faith that they will, and that within a week or so, it will all be a very bad dream.

When that happens, I will be on other forums extolling the virtues of the game. Until then, i'll keep quiet so that new players don't come in and have an initial bad experience.

Hmm he wrote about the problems 20 min ago. And he said it is a specific action that causes the lag and they have to find what action it it. I guess if its only deleting dumb files he wouldnt have to minitor and watch it all the time....but hopefully he fixes it soon. so fun to play a real sandbox with building stuff and fight for ressurces

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Kirk View Post
    It would be freaking fucking awesome of you to fix the lag. Or add a queue to the server. Either way I dont give a shit as long as we can play the game.

''Pre-Order players will have 2 1/2 months of game time starting tomorrow.''

Thank you for an awesome game and you better sort this shit out or give us more free time.
    Have you not read the latest updates; and all the updates before that for that matter.
    They are working day and night on very little sleep to fix the lag, there are multiple sources of this:
    Each time a player uses a "broken function" they cause lag to start brewing (more players quicker lag)

So if Opening Baskets, Picking up Containers, Tribe Invites, and Tribe Expansion (these are all examples not sure if they are broken) all give lag they have to go to each system specifically and fix it.
    Each system they fix will reduce lag acruing speed and once they fix all there will be no abnormal lag

This may take a few days or a few weeks; they have uncovered quite a few problems but others may be found once they fix the current batch.
    Now if you hate lag so badly then do not log on for lets say 2 weeks; when you come back I am sure itll be much better
    Sometimes you just need a break to cool down