Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    One major problem with that is the support for the new trials. Guides and stuff.

Sure they could just say "Well we wont support them with guides" but comes really is those people will see that as the true game, and people will have a bad taste and its not right. Plus the time for the devs to put it into place.

agreed the way gamers are today they would bash this game as its not finished everyone knows it, and they would never come back, 40 bucks is cheap for any game , when the time is right , they will release a trial but no is not it, we all know that.

A trial would of made me more confident about my purchase, but then i am a minority and i now this.

I dont think the game in its current state would benefit from a free trial as some UI elements are not functional and this gives a "not finished" feeling to the game which most gamers will be turned off by.

I am personaly loving the games current content and altho there are some niggly things, the game still provides hours of fun every day.

I also agree that if a trial on the live server ever do's come out, the trial accounts should be limited to a small section of the map ( possibly the area we have atm ) and/or not be allowed to place totems/terraform.
    Why allow them to leave a lasting impact on a gameworld until they decide they will stay in it.

Once the non functioning UI elements are implimented i think a free trial would be of benefit.

I'd have to agree: there's no point in making a free trial now. It would only cause bad press and even worse word of mouth.

Yes, we're playing a paid beta. That's what it is, no need to hide the fact. Everybody can decide whether he wants to pay for a game that is still heavily in development. It's still the better method for Xsyon than to have a free trial of an unfinished game.

Just thought I would say, so many people would love to try this game out if it weren't for the price. Just look at comments on all the youtube videos...a lot of them are recent even

IMO the game isnt ready for a trial, it doesnt have the safe guards, and it doesnt have a lot of the content / features.

Once they have the game smoothed out, the public is active and wanting to play. Safe guards like totem decay, permissions on stuff, etc. Also AI needs to be a lot better. I can see allowing trials, I would hope on another server.

Trial with landscaping. roads ect that do not decay. NO! not only no HECK NO! What about all those who get the trial and landscape an area, or create roads just fo rthe heck of it that destroy resources, or run around and elimiate entire forrests.

Sorry. I have to stand with a resounding NO until decay and a few other 'cleanup' options are in.

I too questioned purchasing without a trial first. However, I couldnt be more satisfied with my purchase. Yes it is still incomplete, but the experience is well worth giving them my cash to further their development getting it to a stage where trials become a viable option.

I also agree with DDT Trials should be on another server. The ability to change the face of the world necessitates this IMO.

A Trial would be simple. All you would need to do is create a mirrored map and put ocean around it. Use it as a "Trial Island" or something. In this, you could mess around. Every time you logout, your items on your player will be released. Every 2 days, or 3 days, or whatever, you could reset the trial island. With all your work "Not being saved" and items "Not being saved" purchasing the game would be a must. Especially since if you have friends, word spreads fast.

fyi

I emailed support, and asked if I could try the game and they enabled me for a week trial.... all you have to do is just ask and most developers are more then happy to accommodate you.

The real reason I asked for a trial is to mainly see if my laptop will run it smoothly (most games do, although some don't especially if opengl is used).

That being said, support answered my promptly and I am very satisfied with the companies response, I can not wait to play (downloading game right now)

The game isn't as unfinished as some might claim. The Prelude phase is to build up a civilization so we don't have to walk through a boring green world without buildings. Atm the world is very interesting to explore with all the stuff that is created. This will get even better once totem decay is in.

I was hesitant, because as previously stated its still prelude, but I'm glad I spent the money, I have not felt so accomplished in a game in a long time and I have only been playing 2 weeks. Devs seem to care about their game and 1 thing at a time patches are fine with me as they haven't seemed to buggy(get it right the first time ftw).