Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    imo the only way to really have an awesome trade system where trade routes will be established by players according to supply and demand is to set it up like EVE.

This DOES NOT need to be personal vendors- it just needs to be a local market place that each tribe can run locally where items by players can be placed to sell or buy.

The tribe charges a tax for using the market system within their tribe.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    imo the only way to really have an awesome trade system where trade routes will be established by players according to supply and demand is to set it up like EVE.

This DOES NOT need to be personal vendors- it just needs to be a local market place that each tribe can run locally where items by players can be placed to sell or buy.

The tribe charges a tax for using the market system within their tribe.
    Right. I'd like something like that, but in the absence of npc quest givers or npc vendors, where does the money come from?

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    Tybalt wrote:

Yeah the bold is spot-on with what I'm thinking.

I get what you are saying though about having one system for between tribe members.

I'm not going to lie, I probably have some of my ideas mixed in with yours and some other people, but the way I understand this (or perhaps the way I'd see it implemented if it ever is) is that:

There's a building for tribe/alliance members to trade at. Each item (daunting if there are a ton of different weapons/equipment like I'd want to see) has a set price that can be changed.

A seller would put items into this sytem and get a trade credit. I remember you mentioning not getting a credit out of it but rather having to buy something on the spot to balance the credit. My issue with this is that in this type of system a buyer is also a seller and a seller is also a buyer. Meaning that there would be no actual goods stored in the system.

What I'd do to modify this idea is have it that tribe members would buy and sell from the tribe. And the tribe could give out credits that would only have a value with the tribe or it's allies. That way transactions could happen at a later date and tribes could take out taxes so goods go into the tribe store, but an equivelent amount of goods won't come out to individual tribe members. The excess credits would go to the tribe storage and the leader/members reponsible for setting the prices would have access to these credits, and could use the to purchase items out of the tribe store for the tribe's use. It wouldn't matter that there could possibly be a limitless supply of tribe credits since the credits are only backed by what's in the tribe store. Almost like the gold standard? It basically mimics having an NPC driven economy except the NPC is really the tribe and tribe leader/whoever.

Whatcha think?
    I am not against the idea of obtaining tribal credits. but as far as credits with an alliance, that could be exploited to easily. One tribe in the alliance could just set the value of an abundant resource very high, then sell to themselves or cooperate with another tribe to rapidly gain Alliance Credit.

Even with the Tribal Credit system there would be issues. If a tribe disbands, your credit is lost. If a tribe goes inactive, your credit is worthless. In-tribe credits would be fine, but to have them offered to players outside of the tribe would lead to problems I think.

Then what about a tribal stock system? You add stuff to the tribal market and get an amount of stock that can be cashed in, for a transferable currency (like Alliance currency or, dare I say it, a global one).

Using the whole Dollar/Quarter/Penny system that has already been implemented, you could 'invest' in your tribe to generate 'stock', which would help determine the monetary value of the items that your tribe has to offer, within the tribe/alliance. This would probably mean people would have to be more clever, if they want to... say, 'gold farm' like is practiced in WoW...

See, the D/Q/P would only be worth anything, to each tribe as a whole, not as an individual person within that tribe. The 'stock points' that they would be able to gain, would be a fixed amount, which individual tribe members could turn in for items, which can be used as a transferable currency, for trade with other tribes.

This would preserve the item-to-item global currency, without causing inflation, due to the D/Q/P degrading over the period of a couple weeks or so...

Quote Originally Posted by Tybalt View Post
    I am not against the idea of obtaining tribal credits. but as far as credits with an alliance, that could be exploited to easily. One tribe in the alliance could just set the value of an abundant resource very high, then sell to themselves or cooperate with another tribe to rapidly gain Alliance Credit.

Even with the Tribal Credit system there would be issues. If a tribe disbands, your credit is lost. If a tribe goes inactive, your credit is worthless. In-tribe credits would be fine, but to have them offered to players outside of the tribe would lead to problems I think.
    As far as the alliance part goes, yeah I guess I can see that from the way I worded it. But the individual tribes would be able to set what the other tribes currency is worth to them in my system to avoid that.

As far as the tribe disbanding goes, that could be an issue. In a post I made before in this thread I likened having excess credits when this happens to haveing a gift card with Circuit City when they went out of business. It could be hard-coded though that when the tribe disbands the items still stay where they can still be obtained, the prices get locked, and tribal members have a month(?) to use their credits before everything is erased from the system. The tribe leader/member(s) with access to the tax credit will have first pick in the case of the tribe disbanding by virtue of them likely knowing it's going to happen at first, but they still won't have excess to everything. So it's not perfect, but it's not super bad either.

Another issue I just thought of is that the tribe leader/whoever has control of the prices, could set it the buy price low on purpose to benefit themselves and their friends. I can't think of a way to prevent this from happening other than trusting the people you are in a tribe with.

Another issue I just thought of is that the tribe leader/whoever has control of the prices, could set it the buy price low on purpose to benefit themselves and their friends. I can't think of a way to prevent this from happening other than trusting the people you are in a tribe with.
    The way I figure it, if you can't trust the people that are in your tribe, you kick them out... simple as that. If you can't be trusted, don't join a tribe.

I was thinking about it from the viewpoint of someone on the lower end of the tribal totem pole. But then again the arguement could be made, "If you don't trust your tribe's leadership, then you should find a new tribe." But umm, yeah, if I knew how to program a game, I wouldn't put this system in my game in it's current state until that problem could be worked out.

I was thinking about it from the viewpoint of someone on the lower end of the tribal totem pole. But then again the arguement could be made, "If you don't trust your tribe's leadership, then you should find a new tribe." But umm, yeah, if I knew how to program a game, I wouldn't put this system in my game in it's current state until that problem could be worked out.
    I believe that is slated for the upcoming content update that was due to release last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Darenkel View Post
    I believe that is slated for the upcoming content update that was due to release last weekend.
    Hmm?

How can you set prices on items. It is what the individual tribe needs. Say you need nails and I need metal plates. Its a fair trade 1 to 1. Some tribes are gonna be short on items other tribes have alot of. So the "price" on something would change everyday to even every few hours. It is all up to you what you think it is worth what at what time.. Say I have bolts and you want to trade me nails for them and they are set high on your price list. Doesnt mean I want them or need them. So to me the nails are worthless. I will not trade for them. So you guys in the guild should know what is needed. If you dont. ask. And as of right now I would not trade for the money that can be scavanged. cause there is no use for it.