Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    i really like people that want to hide and minimize player interactions ... in a sandbox ..... not

what a waste of potential

Quote Originally Posted by Vandali View Post
    If players are expecting a game world thats as lawless as darkfall then they are barking up the wrong tree and i know theres DF players in this thread that are wanting the FFA arena, but it's not going to happen.

It's clear the man in charge wants a game world that dissuades mindless killing by punishing murderer's with severe consequences. It's actually refreshing to see, it's realism in a game that tries to mimic a post-pocalyptic scenario where survivors are pretty much dazed and have no clue to their future.

So rather than allowing players to set about killing one another just for the hell of it, i'm sure there are those that remembers DF's launch where your biggest enemy was your own race due to the shitty alignment system that isn't any better to this day, the man instead has given players protection in their area's, and have also given players the option to murder, but with severe consequences, which is how it should be in a game like Xsyon, which has a primary goal of rebuilding and not instant warring.

In time as already stated there will be bigger conflicts as more options are added for PvP, patience is the key here, the world will evolve as it needs to, i'm sure dev's know this more than anyone.
    what the OP wrote means. Players who want it safe will create a neutral tribe and gain protection on there area. Thats how it is now for Good/Neutral players. With adding the option that a good player is vulnurable on his territory to evil players you ADD an option and a reason behind good/neutral/evil. Players who want to play this as a real sandbox and no protection because of gaem restrictions can choose good or evil and the rest who don't want this can create a neutral tribe.

The point behind this is that without PVP this game gets boring for most players. We don't want it that this game gets boring because it is a real sandbox. I can't think of any other game like this. PvP in a game creates conflicts and in a full loot game conflicts need a constant supply--->crafters. Other than in DF we have a stats/skill cap which will lead to the point were combat oriented player will max there combat skills while crafters will spend there point in crafting that means booth need each other to play there game

It would be even easier to add an option to good/neutral tribes to turn their safe zone off. They would start as safe when placing the totem, but they could turn safety option off. It would be a final decision or perhaps something they can change once in a month. Turning safety off should require the agreement of 3 tribe leaders, the first 3 in the command line ( if the tribe has more than 3 members of course) to avoid problems with hacked accounts.

artificial safe zones and rules limiting freedom and interaction are far more themepark elements than sandbox elements.
    we know how you lux guys play df lol

id like this to be a real sandbox please with no gamebreaking invisible barriers.
    the suggestions in this thread is a good start

Quote Originally Posted by esudar View Post
    id like this to be a real sandbox please with no gamebreaking invisible barriers.
    the suggestions in this thread is a good start
    i agree

What's being said here is that pvp should revolve around good vs evil and be as simple as that.
    But from what i can glean from the current setup, is that good will indeed be good and it will take discipline to be good with the restrictions on how they may act without repercussions. Where as evil have much more freedom in their behavior, but there are penalties to choosing the outlaw way of life and this is exactly how it should be.

There will be conflicts of many kinds in the future, not just the good ol' pigeon hole setup of good vs evil.
    The current setup allows for complete freedom in pvp just by choosing to be evil aligned, all i can say is wait to see how the devs decide to develope conflicts because important additions such as religion have yet to be introduced, but in the meantime pop you head out of the box and Vodas, its good to see your still keeping up the RP as the village idiot.

Safe mode shouldnt even be in the game, you should Hire Merc's if your a Trade Community. Hired Protection is a High Immersion and Profitable way of playing, adding a Safety button is just asking for Unfair Advantage's Killing Immersion.
    (Don't even tell me 98.9% of all the tribes will be hiding in Safe with No pvp unless it a bunch of carebear's in bone raiding a Evil village because they know the Evil cant return the favor and attack back because they got's safety's :-B)

Down with the Idea, you wanna be safe Pay Coin!!!!

Hire Solder's, Good Vs Evil should be about that, not who can run back to Tribe safety land before the bad man get's us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikisis View Post
    Safe mode shouldnt even be in the game, you should Hire Merc's if your a Trade Community. Hired Protection is a High Immersion and Profitable way of playing, adding a Safety button is just asking for Unfair Advantage's Killing Immersion.
    (Don't even tell me 98.9% of all the tribes will be hiding in Safe with No pvp unless it a bunch of carebear's in bone raiding a Evil village because they know the Evil cant return the favor and attack back because they got's safety's :-B)

Down with the Idea, you wanna be safe Pay Coin!!!!

Hire Solder's, Good Vs Evil should be about that, not who can run back to Tribe safety land before the bad man get's us.
    I would have to agree. No safe zones make sense to be. About the only safe spot should be the new character spawn locations. Of course these would need to be limited on the area and only for those characters that spawn in new to the game and let it last maybe for 24 hours or less.

The game is coming out on 1st of March and 2k+ people bought it by knowing that good/neutral tribe areas will be safe and that no town sieges during Prelude. Jooky won't change this so its really pointless to argue over it. There is a slim chance that he may implement a system where tribes who do want to can turn their safety off. If you guys don't come up with good and implementable ideas about this things will stay as they are now, where good/neutral tribes can't switch off safety even if they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Illmaculate View Post
    So according to you every person who bought the game wants safe zones? You're way off base. I'd say the majority of the people who bought the game see the potential for a great pvp game with meaningful territory/conquest mechanics.
    No. I said they bought the game with these conditions and knowing these conditions.
    But let's just get the option to turn safety off, we will see how many good/neutral tribes will choose that.