View Poll Results: How are you going to play?

Voters
311. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a Hermit, I'm going it alone!

66 21.22%
  • A small group of friends (2-9).

92 29.58%
  • A thriving town of folks! (10+)

124 39.87%
  • Don't know yet.

29 9.32%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Some type of zoning to prevent this would send a better message to us...what was it you called us? Socially crippled misanthropes who dwell in mudhuts and would be better off playing (and paying for!) a different game, that was what you called us! And according to the poll in this very thread, over %70 of the playerbase are mudhut dwelling, socially crippled misanthropes who don't intend to belong to a tribe of 10 or more and who should quit and play minecraft, right? If you like Xsyon, why would you encourage the majority of its players to quit the game?

Just exactly what harm do you think we'll do to the game to justify insulting us and encouraging us to leave? Provided mechanics are put in place to prevent deliberate or accidental land hogging by groups too small to use it, in the manner you describe in reference to our mud huts, I can't possibly see how our existence will cause you any harm.

Quote Originally Posted by tommybomb View Post
    Dude...your ability to twist polls to your advantage makes Fox News look like amateurs. Kudos.

You already said you want a refund...why *should* Jooky scramble to meet your demands? Especially when you are not on board with his vision of his game?

I'm sure that this issue has been beat to death @ Notorious by folks whose knowledge of the game and stake in seeing it succeed is far greater than everyone on this board combined.

I can't say this enough: This is an MMO, meant to be played with others. Homesteads should ALWAYS take a backseat to Tribal Lands, as that is the driving force behind the game. The current delay on homestead placements is to make good on the promises Jooky made to make sure established tribes were able to claim the land they had during beta without having to rip up someones homestead in the process.
    Driving force behind this game are people paying for it. If he listened to your pathetic whines, where will it stop, what he will do next when you start your pathetic whines again.

And where are those promises? Please, let him write them in public so anyone who joins a game and dont want 10+ tribe can know that he will be screwed whenever you and your kind start your pathetic QQ before they buy the game.

Mkay?

I'm pretty sure I want to be in a small group, like a family almost. But until I find one I'll probably solo just to get used to stuff until the game launches. This is why I put I don't know yet, mainly because I haven't actually played yet.

All the what Ifs aside, only 25% of those participating in these forums say they want to play it solo. Why not have the nearly 30% what plan on grouping find people to actually play with? Strike an alliance. The what Ifs aren't too terrible, and if the controlling group splits, find some more guys to be with. At this point it should be past the third day either way. You could kill their players for revenge, if you felt slighted. On the original vision point: Jodi has said in the past that these safe zones will not last. Read the FAQ, it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by otomotopia View Post
    ... On the original vision point: Jodi has said in the past that these safe zones will not last. Read the FAQ, it's there.
    Perhaps you should read the FAQ, there's no mention in it that there are no safe zones after prelude.

There's only the info that in early Prelude "towns" (I assume that means tribe land) are safe, there's no info in the FAQ about what happens during or after Prelude.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
    Perhaps you should read the FAQ, there's no mention in it that there are no safe zones after prelude.

There's only the info that in early Prelude "towns" (I assume that means tribe land) are safe, there's no info in the FAQ about what happens during or after Prelude.
    Very true, he does not EXPLICITLY mention that. However, it was clear that he was shifting the slider from Beta testing features to releasing features. Thats what Tommy is saying with his post above: these dis-advantegious changes were planned. While Safe zones were not mentioned specifically, the mentality behind them was described at great detail. This is the mechanics he uses to support his philosophy.

Also, I'm not sure if homesteads will not be safe zone when you put them down. Does he actually mention that when homesteads are unlocked, that they will not carry the safe zone property?

Quote Originally Posted by otomotopia View Post
    ... Thats what Tommy is saying with his post above: these dis-advantegious changes were planned. ...
    I have no idea what Tommy is saying, he is the first and only poster that made it onto my ignore list. Gratulation!

But, in a way, you are right. Xsyon has said he doesn't want a PvP-centric game but it might be that this is just what he has developed. Interesting times ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by tommybomb View Post
    Another carebear replys and proves my point.

Please...post again!
    While we are correcting each others grammar and use of language its REPLIES not REPLYS

I play with my hands