Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKrueak View Post
    yes you are right if armor has 0 affects, i'm sure things like that will get taken care of maybe not as fast as some would like but i'm willing to give the dev's the benefit of the doubt whether the games turns out to my taste or not i appreciate the kind of world that xyson is trying to make.
    Making the equipment work as designed has got to be a priority for the dev team.

I think even the Militant Crafter Society would agree with me on this end...since the whole point of striving to achieve that next level of uber trinket is to see what it does...for it to be 'better' than the one before it.

Currently armor appears to have only negative affect on a toon.
    - it increases encumbrance
    - it slows you down

There is very little reason, besides vanity, to get all hussied up and go for a stroll...the most effectivet oon for fighting or scavenging is the naked one.

i'm not going to beat on the m1 + m2 click spam that is pvp right now...I just really really hope getting these mechanics adjusted...and communicating what those changes will be, is very high on the dev to-do list. High as in, numero uno priority after they get the server performance stabilized.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    Making the equipment work as designed has got to be a priority for the dev team.

I think even the Militant Crafter Society would agree with me on this end...since the whole point of striving to achieve that next level of uber trinket is to see what it does...for it to be 'better' than the one before it.

Currently armor appears to have only negative affect on a toon.
    - it increases encumbrance
    - it slows you down

There is very little reason, besides vanity, to get all hussied up and go for a stroll...the most effectivet oon for fighting or scavenging is the naked one.

i'm not going to beat on the m1 + m2 click spam that is pvp right now...I just really really hope getting these mechanics adjusted...and communicating what those changes will be, is very high on the dev to-do list. High as in, numero uno priority after they get the server performance stabilized.
    you forgot to add the negative effect of armor making you stick out like a sore thumb in a junk pile.

I feel like combat in water should just be removed until the combat system gets reworked. Currently, it's just plain... strange. You punch down while swimming, but when you stop swimming your character is suddenly standing on top of the water.

Also, dodging and blocking are useless because there is no feedback from it. At least you hear a "contact" sound when you land a hit from swinging. I'd almost prefer to see dodge and block be actions you hold to use. As you hold them down, they drain stamina from you.

id almost prefer dodging and blocking to be passive (any reason i cant make a sheild in game either?) simply because the active block and dodge are not worth sacraficing swinging my weapon.

i think were barking up the wrong tree on this because the combat system is just a placeholder from what i can understand, at least it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    you forgot to add the negative effect of armor making you stick out like a sore thumb in a junk pile.
    I could live with that if it did what it's supposed to...I mean if i layer multiple sets of wicker on myself i should kind of resemble a walking basket and stand out some

should just be trade offs...

if i want to be fast, quiet and present a minimalist profile...loin cloth, moccassins and my trusty hat.

if i'm going into a fight, my opponent knows i'm coming (or i don't care if he finds out), i should be able to armor up and significantly increase my surviveability at the expense of speed, noise and of course stealth.

currently there does not exist such a trade off.

Again, this is bad for the pvp crowd AND the crafting crowd.

I could live with that if it did what it's supposed to...I mean if i layer multiple sets of wicker on myself i should kind of resemble a walking basket and stand out some

should just be trade offs...

if i want to be fast, quiet and present a minimalist profile...loin cloth, moccassins and my trusty hat.

if i'm going into a fight, my opponent knows i'm coming (or i don't care if he finds out), i should be able to armor up and significantly increase my surviveability at the expense of speed, noise and of course stealth.

currently there does not exist such a trade off.

Again, this is bad for the pvp crowd AND the crafting crowd.
    wait you can layer equipment...

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTaldren View Post
    At least you hear a "contact" sound when you land a hit from swinging.
    Glad I am not the only one who constantly is listening for the "thump" sound.

id almost prefer dodging and blocking to be passive (any reason i cant make a sheild in game either?) simply because the active block and dodge are not worth sacraficing swinging my weapon.

i think were barking up the wrong tree on this because the combat system is just a placeholder from what i can understand, at least it should be.
    agree on the dodge/parry...at least in it's current implementation...i mean with the wonky rate of actually making contact with someone why waste a swing when they're going to miss on their own ANYWAY most of the time.

and on the barking up the tree...constructive encouragement to make the fixes a priority is, in my experience, helpful when devs have multiple things to focus on.

wait you can layer equipment...
    clothes, armor on top.

clothes, armor on top.
    your talking about the right and left side slots though...not just dragging and dropping equipment onto slots with gear already in it right....