Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    [B][I]
    And I never said anything about a penalty for not flagging war...just no benefits. As I've stated here & in other threads, I'm thinking of a situation where certain crafting recipes will only be available to war tribes. You can play the rest of the game as you see fit. I'm not for forcing anyone to do anything. EvE works fine like this. If you want the very best stuff, you need to head down to 0.0 space.

I LIKE the idea that there would be, beyond the mist, areas of the map that are full ffa pvp. So the concept (like EVE) of heading out to 0,0 space to get the better stuff is fine. I'm all for the "sub-totem" thing where a tribe goes out and claims another area (beyond the mist), not thier original area, that has full ffa war attributes.

What I also want, is a refuge from all the garbage. So having our original tribe areas able to stay no-war gives me that...a place where I can do my thing in peace.

If that's the way it ends up, I'm a happy camper...cause I have the choice, day in and day out, whether I want to put up with increased risk and B.S. by heading out into the wilds, or have a quiet night "at home" getting stuff done.

Quote Originally Posted by Escargot View Post
    I LIKE the idea that there would be, beyond the mist, areas of the map that are full ffa pvp. So the concept (like EVE) of heading out to 0,0 space to get the better stuff is fine. I'm all for the "sub-totem" thing where a tribe goes out and claims another area (beyond the mist), not thier original area, that has full ffa war attributes.

What I also want, is a refuge from all the garbage. So having our original tribe areas able to stay no-war gives me that...a place where I can do my thing in peace.

If that's the way it ends up, I'm a happy camper...cause I have the choice, day in and day out, whether I want to put up with increased risk and B.S. by heading out into the wilds, or have a quiet night "at home" getting stuff done.
    Obviously I can't be sure of this, but I'd suspect the reputation/alignment system will prevent people from "having their cake & eating it too." If a tribe/person goes to the expansion zones & raises some hell, I'd guess their "home" settlement status will change with the tribe's alignment. We really don't know how it's gonna be shaped at this point, though.

Well obviously all you people wanting a "War" server, joined this game 9 months too early - I say come back after prelude and you will get your war server. Until then, why not let the developers finish the game as intended and already stated - I mean really?

Won't Pvp be more fun with ranged, magic, animal taming, and mounts? Not to mention a complete FFA PVP environment - thats what is slated for after prelude in roughly 9 months. You should just go play rift until then.

It's not going to be peaceful for the solo players. The more I think about this change, the more I hate it. What the hell am I going to do when a tribe's land encompasses my (now even smaller) patch of land, and the tribe builds a damn fence around me? How will I even get out? I'll be killable, with no recourse to self-defense, in their fenced in territory.

This won't even work. This hasn't been thought through.

you negotiate with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramanu View Post
    you negotiate with them.
    That, or you actually put a little thought into your homestead placement. Large tribes are going to be looking to set up shop in large flat areas right next to junk piles. Maybe explore a little until you find a smaller junk pile up in the mountains or on a nice flat spot far away from a starter zone.

Oh yes, negotiating from the position of ultimate weakness.

That will go well.

Please stop pretending to be rationale when in reality, this doesn't affect your play style, gives you, in fact, every advantage, and you are in fact being selfishly, smugly pleased by the entire thing.

Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    LOL That was just some tongue-in-cheek teasing, dear.

As I've mentioned, I hope to see some tangible benefits for warring tribes like special combat weapon/armor recipes that are superior to what non-warring tribes can make. Special defensive structures that are cooler looking & stronger than what the peaceful can create. It really only makes sense. The natural progression of technology has often been directly related to the development of better war machines throughout human history.

This can be accomplished by having recipes that require certain crafting apparatuses that can only be placed on war-flagged tribe land.

The carebears can frolic in their safe zones all they like, but I don't think they should expect to have all the cool bells & whistles of tribes that are willing to risk everything for a small advantage. There are always consequences for both action & in-action.
    I agree, much of the technology we have today is due to countries trying to one up eachother in times of war or in preparation for war. I don't think we'd have microwaves, internet or other technologies if it wasn't for competition.

u may want to look into that before u make ur assumptions as we can all see the first 3 letters of that word. and no i know for sure that is NOT how the internet came around :P try harder ur doing it wrong.

as for the small homesteads WTF? u have the ability to go ANYWHERE, ANY TIME!!! yet u would choose to take up land right on top of a massive tribe? lol what a joke. playstyle or not no one is stoping u; U CHOOSE to place ur playstyle in the way of the fires of proggress

Quote Originally Posted by Grass_Ninja View Post
    u may want to look into that before u make ur assumptions as we can all see the first 3 letters of that word. and no i know for sure that is NOT how the internet came around :P try harder ur doing it wrong.

as for the small homesteads WTF? u have the ability to go ANYWHERE, ANY TIME!!! yet u would choose to take up land right on top of a massive tribe? lol what a joke. playstyle or not no one is stoping u; U CHOOSE to place ur playstyle in the way of the fires of proggress
    There isn't enough resources to go around. As you well know. And as you well know, a crafter can't craft, and a builder can't build much, and even a hunter or fighter can't do much without having access to a junkpile.

Once again, you tribes this benefit need to just admit, to yourselves, if not aloud, that this is fine with you because you aren't the ones getting screwed.

There is no rational, logical argument you can make beyond that, ultimately selfish one.