Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Seems reasonable for the folks who have the starting skills to be able to "somehow" be able to single-handedly re-acquire the tools they had at startup. Via quest or crafting - it could/should be a hassle to replace them, but it should be possible. I agree - getting ganked after a day or 2 for a new player and losing the tools would make for a very unfavorable gameplay for no particular reason.

Making items bound would seem to be logical, but I surmise that the devs here really want to make things as realistic as possible for best immersion and purity of the gameplay.

Good, so it seems we agree that starter tools should be replaceable and the solution that would work best within the current game design would be to make them craftable from some readily available resource at the cost of quality. Hope the devs see this and act on it

What needs to happen is a 1 hr reroll char feature to prevent rerolling for tools. When my tribe starts every roll back or wipe we all get together borrow each others tools help make more tools so we can all more effeciantly progress. If tools become bound then ev ery one would have to make all there tools them selve thus killing the income and trading ability of the actual tool maker.

As far as getting ganked and tools stolen should be a 3 to 24 hr timer that you can't be killed when you first log in on a new toon. this giving the player 3 to 24 hrs to find a solo camp spot and set up there homestead.
    This is best solution i can think of.

As i posted this in a different thread about the same thing, i will repost it here...

An even easier solution it to just implement starter tool recipes that EVERYONE starts with, that require basic materials to make. (ie - rock, twigs, grass string) Which also have a limited number of uses before they have to be remade, allowing everyone access to starting recipes, without imposing restrictions on the player. This also means that no player starts with any tools other than their weapon choice, and should also minimize the "spawn camping" by the PKers.

While i understand and am perfectly ok with the PVP aspect of sandbox games such as this, it is very frustrating for new players to be immediately spawned, then killed, lose everything, and then (maybe) have to wait an hour to roll another toon so they can do anything but cry in the forums and ingame channels. This will also cause new players to lose interest in the game, and cause the community to lose playerbase, which, in a company that requires a playerbase in order to pay its bills... is really not acceptable.

As far as getting ganked and tools stolen should be a 3 to 24 hr timer that you can't be killed when you first log in on a new toon. this giving the player 3 to 24 hrs to find a solo camp spot and set up there homestead.
    Yet this would be best solution ploenty of time to log in with out being camped and set up spot set tools down there and never leave your camp with tools on you. No need to change the crafting or add more useless tools. just add timer to players and every thing is fixed easy simple.

That being said this here (What needs to happen is a 1 hr reroll char feature to prevent rerolling for tools) Prevents the cheat of killing off char to get all tools real fast.

plz don't make them un-lootable.