Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    Im considering forming a bin taskforce to litter the world of xsyon with private-only bins... with nothing in them.

Hundreds. Thousands. Everywhere. People can homestead them and be disappointed. Explorers will be disappointed. Im just going to abuse the ever living shit out of this until its fixed and i advise everyone in support of this to do the same. Everyone will realize how very fucking stupid this broken feature of the game is.

When the problem is so fully in the face of people it can't be ignored... then maybe the devs will wake up.
    1000% AGREE. AGREEEEEEE

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    This is clearly a discussion between looters and creators, crafters and griefers. You do realize that right now there is NO (ZERO, NADA, NULL) punishment for theft? And you want to add more theft tools in here? A balance must exist yet all who want lootable bins are not those who seek a balanced game.

There are 40 public bins in front of my homstead full of tools and random crap I crafted and left there for possible explorers to pick up. In 7 days only ONE person ever came over and that was my neighbour. Not even local griefers didnt bother with my public bins. And you complain about not having lootable bins? What you need is a reality check.
    No, this is a conversation between people that enjoy all aspects of the game and some that just want to craft for no reason other than to look at pretty things that want complete easy mode with no fear of ever losing anything.

I pvp like crazy but I also enjoy crafting. I do not use baskets in junk piles.. I think it is crappy. I have almost 75 leathercrafting. Sure im not a leet crafter but I do understand its importance and I do enjoy crafting occasionally.

I don't like the fact that people are using a broken game mechanics to make your items unlootable when out in the world.. if everything was off limits to loot looting shouldn't be int he game and shouldn't be refered to as a full loot open world pvp game.. as it is on the official pages.

the fact that people leave locked baskets all over the world with no way to remove them also cuases the world to be cluttered with crap. I know of a spot that has been abandoned for weeks that still has 15 or 20 baskets around just sitting there in the open. Eventually the world will be so cluttered you can't load in. nothing prevents me from placing 123984120984120938 baskets around your homestead locked just to lag your load times. If this is inteded I think I am going to work on my weaving skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethaeryn View Post
    Maybe he meant guides. . .
    I meant guides.. I asked 3 guides specifically if the DEVS intended this or if they were giving me a guide answer of we're not sure.. and they told me at was intended for sure 100% okay.

Right now im not placing my bins outside of my area, even i could. I just stongly believe whats outside of your area is public. Simple as that. So why stop on baskets? Lets make all items outside of tribe, private??? logs, grass, twigs, etc..... (sarcasm)

Quote Originally Posted by coca View Post
    I don't like the fact that people are using a broken game mechanics to make your items unlootable when out in the world.. if everything was off limits to loot looting shouldn't be int he game and shouldn't be refered to as a full loot open world pvp game.. as it is on the official pages.

I did mean guides.. and I asked specifically if the DEVS intended this or if they were giving me a guide answer of were not sure.. and they told me at was intended for sure 100% okay.
    Your 2 sentences seems to contradict each others. If its working as intended then its not a broken game mechanics and its not an exploit. And the game is not referred as a full loot open world pvp game. If you have seen any official announcement or advert from the devs saying that, then link, please.

Eventually everything will decay even in your tribe just not as fast as outside it (maybe including buildings...maybe terraformed areas may level themselves if tribeless??). So the world won't be cluttered in the long run.

[QUOTE=Book;75955]If I understand correctly, I think there are two separate issues here:
    1) Public storage bins left just about anywhere remaining private forever (unless that player character is deleted which currently resets those bins to public... tested)
    2) Bags a player carries being completely lootable upon death, no matter what.

2) making bags someone is carrying completely lootable, I think, would have very bad consequences for the game in the long run. Players will be less likely to go out to trade their items if there is a high chance they will lose the product on the way, or the profit on the way back. Those with greater strength would essentially never really have to work for anything. Wait by an open junkpile for someone else to do all the work. Bash over head, collect, rinse, repeat. Soon few people will scavenge. In the long run, while perhaps being realistic, it would get tiresome, unfun(it should be a word), and resulting in further population loss in general.

Please don't assume that just because some people wouldn't want to invite being flamed and insulted by disagreeing with #2 means you have the majority. It's unfun to anticipate being lambasted for one's legitimate opinion, and most folks wouldn't undertake the unfun.

Well... if you want to craft without the possibility of being killed go with a partner as this wasn't ever supposed to be a solo game.. do it close to your tribe... or.. take a risk...
    When does everything have to be protected or easy. this same thought leads to the "burnt out" syndrom where these guys do every crafting they can without consequence or lost and in a month have nothing to do.

And to the last remark I've recived two infractions for calling people out. I don't mind someone messing with me or tearing apart my words or comeing at me.. I thrive on it and enjoy it.
    I like tossing around ideas and hearing other opinions. However some people that oppose my view reported my posts.. 4 diffren't times 2 landed me infraction points. I haven't been disrepectful.. I have been pationate and offered up direct reposnces to questions related exactly to this thread. the thread that refering to me and in game conversation inwhich I, COCA, started. No one has to participate.. but I do appreciate all the input.

If i can drop bags while being attacked, and then killed. The attacker have no way accessing my basket. THATS A HUGE ERROR. If i drop a basket, at least the default permission should be public.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Your 2 sentences seems to contradict each others. If its working as intended then its not a broken game mechanics and its not an exploit. And the game is not referred as a full loot open world pvp game. If you have seen any official announcement or advert from the devs saying that, then link, please.
    I think the guides didn't have a real answer and viewed me as a trouble maker for questioning them.. and told me to buzz off without consulting the devs specifically about this issue.
    No contridiction.. I think you are hearing or reading my words how you want me to sound.

Quote Originally Posted by coca View Post
    I think the guides didn't have a real answer and viewed me as a trouble maker for questioning them.. and told me to buzz off without consulting the devs specifically about this issue.
    No contridiction.. I think you are hearing or reading my words how you want me to sound.
    I see. I read a comment from Virtus a while ago which seemed to indicate that this mechanic is indeed intended. If you have doubts perhaps you should ask about it from support ?

And again, if you have seen any advert from the devs where they referred their game as a full loot open world pvp game, link please, I would really like to see that.

Once decay is enabled bins will decay, they will also decay in your homestead/tribe area, under roofs they will decay slower.
    This is a confirmed fact.

Anyone dropping bins around in game to make their point clear that currently they cant be removed is just waisting a lot of their time but eh..if they like making bins and dropping them around and see that as a good means to spent their time..*shrug*

Also note that it was at least at one point in the planning to make all bins loot able by use of a stealing skill. this no doubt will be in game far after decay is enabled but as far im aware its still in the plans.

that character bags cant be always looted is a unintended bug to do whit the permissions for open world storage containers, no doubt it will be fixed to but as we are all well aware (or should be if you keep yourself informed) they are working on the "last"big server issue's currently and then will start trowing out the bug fixes.