Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TAGS?

Quote Originally Posted by caldrin View Post
    it does need to made clear who is an enemy and who is not, afterall anyone could be wearing the same armor and colors as your mate so how are you suppose to know?

Sure pointing your mouse at a person does bring up the name but you gotta be very close. I know in real life i can spot mates from quite far away and spot people i dont like at the saem disatance lol.. to emulate this in game they need to do somthing.. sure tags might be going too far but somthing similar to darkfall would be good you still need to point your mouse at them but it can be done over a longer distance.
    No No No, in real life you dont point to some one and there name pops up over there head.
    In real life you walk in to a store and see your friend john and go "John, John.... Hey John" and then walk up to them and tap them on the sholder and then whey they turn around..... "hey wait your not john my bad"

the care bears need to stop carebearing up in the game.

You can spot them a mine away because you have good eye sight and know how they dress.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    I dont understand why people keep asking for this, basically you want to be able to pick your team mates out in a fight which will basially help with the zerg.

They should remove names from characters unless they Friend you. Wear the same colors, we dont need tags above characters.

No No No, in real life you dont point to some one and there name pops up over there head.
    In real life you walk in to a store and see your friend john and go "John, John.... Hey John" and then walk up to them and tap them on the sholder and then whey they turn around..... "hey wait your not john my bad"

You can spot them a mine away because you have good eye sight and know how they dress.

lol so in this game you can tell who your mates are by jsut looknig at them even if they are dressed exactly the saem as a person next to tem of imilar build ?

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    When i get close enough to identify a toon, i want to be able to see who they belong to.
    Eh, all you really need to know is the list of names on our guild roster... :P

Go sneak to all your neighbors totems and collect the names. Make a comprehensive list and post it on your tribes forums. Your tribe does have it's own forum, right?

Please don't dumb down the game with arena/fps style tags.

carebears going crazy in here

maybe look at your allies before the fight and try to remember... its not that hrd

Quote Originally Posted by esudar View Post
    carebears going crazy in here

maybe look at your allies before the fight and try to remember... its not that hrd
    You're obviously a bit of a carebear if you think this is for organised fights (and you think organised fights aren't one day going to be hundreds of people on each side). As everyone says, when you're at war/in battle, armor/clothing/positions should be fine. The problem is when you're out solo or in a raiding party and you chance upon a random person half way through cutting down a tree. This could be an ally, it could even be a tribe member, but you're not going to know unless you run to within 5 metres, completely giving away your position, then spend an hour browsing through allied tribe members lists, by which point it's no longer an ambush and they're already in their safe zone again. In reality you have memory for thousands of faces, stances and gaits; this is -not- possible to emulate in a game of this type, and thus allowances must be made.

Quote Originally Posted by schlock View Post
    Go sneak to all your neighbors totems and collect the names. Make a comprehensive list and post it on your tribes forums. Your tribe does have it's own forum, right?

Please don't dumb down the game with arena/fps style tags.
    We have lists of all friendly and enemy members. We don't have the time to compare. If we're already allowed to get their name without them giving it, and there's no way of them communicating without immediately revealing their name from ANY distance, we're already in acceptance that there are limitations within any game compared to reality. It's simply the smarter option to tag up, or perhaps actually MAKE it an option to show your tribe's tag.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Phazaar View Post
    then spend an hour browsing through allied tribe members lists
    there's your problem -- right before your your very eyes, brosef

Quote Originally Posted by caldrin View Post
    it does need to made clear who is an enemy and who is not, afterall anyone could be wearing the same armor and colors as your mate so how are you suppose to know?

Sure pointing your mouse at a person does bring up the name but you gotta be very close. I know in real life i can spot mates from quite far away and spot people i dont like at the saem disatance lol.. to emulate this in game they need to do somthing.. sure tags might be going too far but somthing similar to darkfall would be good you still need to point your mouse at them but it can be done over a longer distance.
    In real life you walk in to a store and see your friend john and go "John, John.... Hey John" and then walk up to them and tap them on the shoulder and then whey they turn around..... "hey wait your not john my bad"

the care bears need to stop care bearing up in the game.

We should just be given the ability to tribe members to add symbols to clothing they wear. Let the crafters add more color to it what we can wear so you can see a tribe not there name.

There was some talk that if you wear your tribe colors you get bonuses.

I dont want to see peoples clans i dont want to see some guy named Chuck with Chucks magically store of stuff under his name. some clans are not clans but setup as trader outposts and never intend to be clans. you all need to grow some and realize that this game is not intended to be some carebear theme park.

NO Tags, NO NAMES unless they tell you. you can separete chat from the locallity.

I can tell who my friends are because I know what outfits they're wearing. If I see someone wearing something unfamiliar, I ask my tribe to see whether it's a friendly or enemy.

And that's the way it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    there's your problem -- right before your your very eyes, brosef
    Hahaha I couldn't agree more, but non-aggression pacts are non-aggression pacts, and tribal leadership is tribal leadership :/ ... Both are to be honoured until they're afk