Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    looking forward to hearing your ideas...and a timeline for their intro

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    looking forward to hearing your ideas...and a timeline for their intro
    It has to be by June 1...

3. 04-27-2011, 09:02 AM

Welcome Danathur, nice to know about future implementations.

Hello fellow adventurer! Welcome to the Xsyon community Danathur!

Quote Originally Posted by Danathur View Post
    From my profession background I am a lot more a programmer than a game designer, but I studied economics and gaming was always a passion for me especially MMORGs. So I am a newcomer as game designer but hopefully with the right skills and experience to manage the job.
    Danathur
    Oh cool, the new guy posting actually has no experience! Well that good news I guess, glad this game can be your learning experience.

Quote Originally Posted by oneyedwang View Post
    Oh cool, the new guy posting actually has no experience! Well that good news I guess, glad this game can be your learning experience.
    Because no "experienced" team has ever built a crappy game. /rolleyes

Quote Originally Posted by Danathur View Post
    In the future "they" are dependend on better resources which "they" can not gather in the home zone. And no, there will be no magical transportation all over the world, on the contrary, we are thinking about trading routes, which MIGHT give a kind of protection, but no absolute protection.
    Why protection anyway ? To make ppl use them and thereby give you another spot/opportunity where conflicts may happen. This world will become pretty large in the future and we will need such spots to bring ppl together. But that is the future and it is much to early to talk about it already.

Therefore I think we should concentrate on the STARTING point first and please understand farming as such. Balancing the interests of the players will NEVER end and we have to start somewhere.

Danathur
    But there already is magical transportation all over the world. Two homesteads with 3 people can move an unlimited number of resources of unlimited weight any distance across xsyon.

1 person is a tribe recruiter from Tribe A, located at Homestead B.
    1 Person is tribe recruiter from Tribe B located at Homestead A.
    1 person is a mule with a bin full of goods, starting at homestead B, in tribe B.

Mule drops tribe, gets recruited by Tribe Recruiter A -- gets killed (jump off cliff, killed outside territory, etc)
    Respawns at Homestead A, with recruiter B.
    Drop off materials.
    Drops tribe
    Wait for cooldown of joining new tribe.
    Gets recruited by Recruiter B, gets killed.
    Respawns at Homestead B.
    Repeat ad infinitum.

Is anything going to be done about this in the future? Can we just make it so you leave a "bag" of loot on you when you die to get rid of this exploit?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanover View Post
    Because no "experienced" teams have built crappy games. /rolleyes
    So clearly inexperienced people fix crappy games.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    But there already is magical transportation all over the world. Two homesteads with 3 people can move an unlimited number of resources of unlimited weight any distance across xsyon.

1 person is a tribe recruiter from Tribe A, located at Homestead B.
    1 Person is tribe recruiter from Tribe B located at Homestead A.
    1 person is a mule with a bin full of goods, starting at homestead B, in tribe B.

Mule drops tribe, gets recruited by Tribe Recruiter A -- gets killed (jump off cliff, killed outside territory, etc)
    Respawns at Homestead A, with recruiter B.
    Drop off materials.
    Drops tribe
    Wait for cooldown of joining new tribe.
    Gets recruited by Recruiter B, gets killed.
    Respawns at Homestead B.
    Repeat ad infinitum.

Is anything going to be done about this in the future? Can we just make it so you leave a "bag" of loot on you when you die to get rid of this exploit?
    Exactly. Any type of death needs to leave a corpse with all loot on it.

Sieging a farm... Haha. Well, I think it would be a good idea to look at Darkfall's sieging mechanic. It's not perfect, but good. Sieges can still be dropped at a time where it will go live in the very early A.M. hours. That's never fun.

One problem is going to be the fact that Aussie/EU/NA players will all create their peak windows at different times (obviously), which could negate a lot of conflict. While a majority of the players are likely from NA, it would still suck to be an NA tribe surrounded by EU/Aussie tribes and always seeing their windows set to a time when you're asleep.

P.S. - The inexperience factor... Just noticed that. A bit of a red flag. Many of Darkfall's devs were not game developers, either. Hope you surprise us. :P

Quote Originally Posted by oneyedwang View Post
    Maybe read again what I said, there might be a difference between being a newcomer and having no experience. I think I have a lot experience in the fields which are needed to become a game designer ...

But the bottom line of your post is, that you dislike the game and do not want to help us building a better game, did I get your intentions right ?

Danathur