Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Honestly at this point Wurm Online - a java based, old game that can be played for free or for a small monthly fee for some perks - does better at being what I was hoping Xsyon would become than Xyson is now. Not good. I like Jooky, I really do - he is a nice dude in all my contact with him - but I cannot pay for Xsyon in it's present state.

People's opinion just might change a bit in a couple days if we get the chance to test out this new combat revamp. Very interested to see how this goes. It will determine if the remaining pvpers will continue their sub, i suspect, because i would say that right now our "satisfaction" is banking on it. Although maybe i shouldn't speak for all pvp focused players.

Ya it depends. If they add in a other stuff ya, or if this combat revamp is just horrid like what we have now. I can see a lot of the PVPers leaving (and many others just not subbin).
    But thats pretty clear anyways haha.

Im having fun in game even with the poor combat, and most would call me a PVPer. (some would call me other bad things but hey)

On a scale of -10 to 10 (-10 being most dissatisfied and 10 being most satisfied, zero being 'meh'). I fluctuate between -1 to 1.

Quote Originally Posted by meissner61 View Post
    Yup I am satisfied. Though i guess for me its satisfaction mixed with greed. Greed for more content. I Think its pretty safe to say we all want more. But I am happy about the road we are taking there.
    Yes I am, and I find it funny that the content is there.. People just don't utilize it. You got quests, you got buildings you can stay in, you got animals and wood you can log.. Actually, the only content there isn't is dungeons and/or instances. Which is what I think most people think of when they say 'content'.. If you want a dungeon, go terraform it, build it and get a guide to fill it with creatures.

Srsly.. I already broke several tools just because I had to craft housing materials.. There is your content.. xD.. Someone bring me more free buckets please!

Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    Yes I am, and I find it funny that the content is there.. People just don't utilize it. You got quests, you got buildings you can stay in, you got animals and wood you can log.. Actually, the only content there isn't is dungeons and/or instances. Which is what I think most people think of when they say 'content'.. If you want a dungeon, go terraform it, build it and get a guide to fill it with creatures.

Srsly.. I already broke several tools just because I had to craft housing materials.. There is your content.. xD.. Someone bring me more free buckets please!

I agree with you mostly, but other content Im looking for are reasons for fighting.

Right now, I see no reason to fight other than the "fun" of it. You have almost no rare resources, and if they are rare they are not all that needed. Exporting goods is just about worthless without using the "exploit" as I call it of dying with all the goods on you.
    Animal (mobs) content is really lacking. AI is retarded to say the least. Also Im looking for harder rare monsters. Like maybe a bearat or a Pitbulldeer.

Thats the kinda content Im looking for and asking when I ask for content. I dont need dungeons or instances. But monsters that attack your tribe area, or break walls, or maybe raid monsters that reward you with extra rare loot. I would love to see a major undead bear that kills people in 2 hits and has like 20x the HP of a normal bear. That has special attacks that maybe does AOE health decay or something.

You are right. The reason to fight over resources are somewhat.. Meh.. That doesn't mean you can't do it.
    I suggest that they add a few rare resources with the totem expansion patch. That way they could get some fighting started. (But this game wasn't meant to be the siege game everyone, apparently, think it should be.. Might wanna consider that before you start getting too much PVP IS TEH ONLEH THING..!)

I know Lux Arcana holds the trashpile, close to us, very dear and we don't like strangers on it. Even though trash is easy to access..

Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    You are right. The reason to fight over resources are somewhat.. Meh.. That doesn't mean you can't do it.
    I suggest that they add a few rare resources with the totem expansion patch. That way they could get some fighting started. (But this game wasn't meant to be the siege game everyone, apparently, think it should be.. Might wanna consider that before you start getting too much PVP IS TEH ONLEH THING..!)

I know Lux Arcana holds the trashpile, close to us, very dear and we don't like strangers on it. Even though trash is easy to access..
    Though I get frustrated from time to time, I agree with this. When I first looked at the game, I read this post http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/01...syon-question/ to get a good idea of what I was getting in to. That was four months ago and even then Jordi was saying that he didn't want this to be another FFA PVP PWNZORS UR FACE N' KILL EM ALL game. There are several of those out there right now and they're doing...spectacular I hear lol...

There's a lot to do...there could certainly be more (as posted by MrDDT)...but most people don't seem interested in using what's there to shape their sandbox world (which is what most of them claim to want). Most of them seem to want nothing more than another big box that they can stomp around in beating the hell out of everyone they see...

As to the OP...I'm satisfied for now. Sure I want more, but better to give my money to a company TRYING to do something different than pump another $15.00 into the army of snorefests and mediocrity out there...

^^^agreed im plenty happy with the game as it is and it will only get better in time.But im also a cheap date.

Amazing how easily you disregard legitimate complaints and use a strawman to square the blame it on either pvpers or people unwilling to develop a world even though thats what they claim to want.
    Yeah, I want to build the world around me, but I want to build it while having fun too. And simply put, in no way, shape or form, was building things in Xsyon in anyway fun. It was nothing but purposeful time-sinks as I put before. Hell, click on a tree, and watch your little dude spend the next 5 seconds whacking at it with an axe. Yeah, fun there man, I get to trigger a 5 second animation loop! Oh and then I have to drag the log one at a time back to my home base, and then I have to do this 100 more times, so I can start practicing building useless walls and structures that serve no real function except an aesthetic kick ass. Well, if I wanted a cheap aesthetically kick ass with no real functionality to it, I'll go play mine-craft, cheaper and no subscription.