Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Once more let's re-focus. You guy arguing over personal prefs instead of whats good for the game or even what's in the works will not get us anywhere.

To quote Jordi...

Specifically we are going to be working on the following:

(sorting into similar groups )

Skill and stat revision including balance, caps, decay and death penalties.
    Faster tool, weapon and armor decay on use.
    Comfort and weather effects on players.
    Revised xp and levelling.
    Further combat improvements.

With these, we will get Reason to craft, meaning for the things we craft, a re-leveling of overly strong players back towards a middle ground, All of which are positives with regard to game and retaining NEW players.

This changed affect the veteran players most, but must happen to improve the game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Improved quest system, including gaining xp from quests.
    Resource and material redistribution.
    Further crafting revisions.
    Trade system using local currencies.

These changes help us have the tools to start shaping the gameplay .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Creature AI and difficulty, including the arrival of undead.

If even a part of what has been planned for the Undead happens we will have ongoing PVE content to help give folks lots to do.

Building uses.
    Totem decay and abandonment.
    Allowing tribes to remove their safe zones and gain advantages by doing so.

When new players are again joining this game these things need to be already in place and working. Best to go ahead and bite the bullet and do it now.

Plus allowing folks to remove safe zones will give meaning to walls, and provide the conflict the more pvp oriented players believe will keep things moving along.

Let's stop bickering among ourselves and get back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    Once more let's re-focus. You guy arguing over personal prefs instead of whats good for the game or even what's in the works will not get us anywhere.

To quote Jordi...

Specifically we are going to be working on the following:

(sorting into similar groups )

With these, we will get Reason to craft, meaning for the things we craft, a re-leveling of overly strong players back towards a middle ground, All of which are positives with regard to game and retaining NEW players.

This changed affect the veteran players most, but must happen to improve the game.
    None of these reasons listed above give reason to craft.

Reasons to craft are for things like. Making something wonderful or cool looking, making better gear to combat something you couldnt do before with poor gear. To achieve something in game. Making an item to make money/resource off it. (Really a secondary effect of a reason but still would be a reason if others are there.)

Having a cap doesnt give a reason to craft.
    Comfort and weather effects only if there is reasons to worry about it. If say you lower comfort but you have no effect just "Comfort is low" then it wouldnt be are reason to wear anything. Its like bone armor now. Why wear bone armor now? To protect you better? Needs to be reason to protect first.

Improved quest system, including gaining xp from quests.
    Resource and material redistribution.
    Further crafting revisions.
    Trade system using local currencies.

These changes help us have the tools to start shaping the gameplay .
    I guess you could say they effect game play but mostly effect economy. Which is good.

If even a part of what has been planned for the Undead happens we will have ongoing PVE content to help give folks lots to do.
    Again not trying to be neg Nancy here, but without reasons to go fight undead and harder AI. This will just be more fluff. It would be like making trees 5x harder to chop down. Doesnt give a reason to have fun cutting the trees just makes it harder.

AI would have to be hella smart to make it just fun by itself. The resources for mutants are not even working yet, plus age of a mutant has no effect. So no reason to fight harder ones, or even small ones because resources dont work, and hard ones do not give better or more resources.

Building uses.
    Totem decay and abandonment.
    Allowing tribes to remove their safe zones and gain advantages by doing so.

When new players are again joining this game these things need to be already in place and working. Best to go ahead and bite the bullet and do it now.

Plus allowing folks to remove safe zones will give meaning to walls, and provide the conflict the more pvp oriented players believe will keep things moving along.

Let's stop bickering among ourselves and get back on track.
    I love all this, this has been needed for a long time.
    I would say with this, you would need some type of training area for new players to get used to what the game is like. Also keep animals away from the starting areas a bit so new players have a chance for living in the start.

All in all the devs have a lot of work cut out. I still think faster mode of transporting goods is much needed other than deathporting and should be one of the highest items on the list. Carts so far do not fit that bill. Dragging 50x of what I can carry, 3x slower is not going to help the current problem of people deathporting.

Seriously DDT, I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.

Mac, we haven't talked about personal preference ONCE. If you had any clue whatsoever, like the devs do, you would notice that more than ANYONE ELSE (literally he is #1), DDT posts ideas about purely improving the game.

How can you not see this? He hardly ever posts about anything other than game improvements, ideas, and bugs.

Like I said, twilight zone.

Back on topic, Xsyon needs a lot more of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3sK3...layer_embedded

Stop listening to the community?

Yes!

Well, at least the forums. These days most game forums are a toilet.

This one has always had this peculiar ideological debate going on.

Yes, devs, please ignore the forums and get this game working fully.

Quote Originally Posted by HyBrasil View Post
    Stop listening to the community?

Yes!

Well, at least the forums. These days most game forums are a toilet.

This one has always had this peculiar ideological debate going on.

Yes, devs, please ignore the forums and get this game working fully.

Most confusing post ever.

So they should listen to you posting on the forums about not reading the forums? haha.

Merry Christmas.

I'm sure they are working on tons of new stuff, and as always we should just wait and see. We can whine about it later

i agree with this we will have the most basic reasons to craft along with other subtle ones, forcing vet players with 100 in everything to pick an chose ther're would be main professions and gear quality and durability with faster decaying items.lower quality break faster higher quality break slower the need to craft items as they break instead of items lasting to long and negating the need to craft.

this i really want roaming hordes of zombies they make good rp and undead are always fun to kill do you really need a reason to kill zombies ?

if you do take a look at my idea here http://www.xsyon.com/forum/project.php?issueid=1412

creature ai and difficulty
    i have a feeling over half of the difficulty problem will be solved with skill decay,players who are 100 in every skill will no longer be demigods.
    and with a adjustment to the creature ai faster turning speed to negate players side stepping/circling to easily, creatures being able to fight in the water, spreading out and not getting trapped at the waterfalls thus being able to roam the current world map.

+1 Book, good post.

NorCal you made a entire "I quit thread" that Jordi even responded in. No offense or personal attack intended but I can't and don't value your opinion or suggestions the same can be said for DDT because along with you two I know there is a personal agenda involved in anything you suggest. What may seem innocent and just your way of trying to help and improve any other arguments or suggestions that don't coincide with your own thoughts and beliefs you will just break down disassemble and refute each one to make your point seem more valid when in fact it isn't.

I'm done with this thread but I leave this final comment to Jordi and the other devs. Please discuss and work this out and determine what system you truly want to take. Do not shape this decision based on the player base and follow your original design and direction you want it to go not what I or anyone else wants. They are strictly for the game play they want and their vision for the game and not the community as a whole, no player will give input for the community as a whole, it will have personal gains and undertones to ensure the game play they seek no matter the cost to the game short or long term.

I've watched to many games take any and all player input to the detriment of the game as the end result. It's much easier to please the loudest than those who don't even participate on the forum and don't give input.

And thank you very much for taking time to respond here to this thread!

I know you care and that you listen, but thought you needed to hear more on current sentiment express by those of us that have stuck it out.

I know you don't want Status quo, and really appreciate all the hard work you folks do to make this game fresh and different!
    Ok...I've reread this entire thread. The above was really the last constructive addition to it. Thanks, Mac.

All the posts after it have had some element of the community atticking or defending - with a couple of small inspirational nuggets thrown in.

So we had 4 REALLY GOOD pages of expressing concern & offering solutions followed by four pages of shit.

I hate seeing threads derailed like this.

The developers have stated that they've read what was posted, offered some immediate plans of theirs, and explained why some of the plans are being pushed.

If folks want to argue about why this or that should or shouldn't be done, why don't you take it elsewhere. I'm sure the developers have better things to do than sift through accusations and flames.

Lets keep the rest of this post on track (if we can).

Luv u all!

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    +1 Book, good post.

NorCal you made a entire "I quit thread" that Jordi even responded in. No offense or personal attack intended but I can't and don't value your opinion or suggestions the same can be said for DDT because along with you two I know there is a personal agenda involved in anything you suggest. What may seem innocent and just your way of trying to help and improve any other arguments or suggestions that don't coincide with your own thoughts and beliefs you will just break down disassemble and refute each one to make your point seem more valid when in fact it isn't.

I'm done with this thread but I leave this final comment to Jordi and the other devs. Please discuss and work this out and determine what system you truly want to take. Do not shape this decision based on the player base and follow your original design and direction you want it to go not what I or anyone else wants. They are strictly for the game play they want and their vision for the game and not the community as a whole, no player will give input for the community as a whole, it will have personal gains and undertones to ensure the game play they seek no matter the cost to the game short or long term.

I've watched to many games take any and all player input to the detriment of the game as the end result. It's much easier to please the loudest than those who don't even participate on the forum and don't give input.
    Very true and smart words.

So because I think some suggestions or ideas of mine would make the game better or more fun for the majority of players, that makes it personal?

All of a sudden it is bad to debate why others ideas don't make sense?

Also, I did quit yes. I haven't played since. I tried logging in to play but it's just so boring I can't do it. I need to do something other than click and wait for a progress bar.

Anyway, think whatever you want. I will invest in this game if I think it's headed in the right direction one day. I can't imagine Jordi was thinking of doing real adverts sooner than Summer anyways. Game still needs a lot of work.