Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen
    @ Cyrianna.
    I am not afraid of constant risk, but many people are, and Xsyon loose those that could help with an economy to keep this game alive.
    And as it is stated containers which are in use should stay protected.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    @ Cyrianna.
    I am not afraid of constant risk, but many people are, and Xsyon loose those that could help with an economy to keep this game alive.
    And as it is stated containers which are in use should stay protected.
    Who cares about the "many people", this isnt about every person being happy to play Xsyon. Its about what the dev wants. Its been kicked over a year ago this dead horse has been talked about and answered.

This isnt the game for you if you dont like the ruleset Im sorry, Xsyon already made the choice. Guess what he picked? He picked LESS PVP. Right now we are playing on the Xsyon version of what he called "PVE", his version of the "PVP" or what he called "War server" is the same server we have now, only safe zones would be gone. That's it. The PVE choice you are talking about was NEVER an option.

We understand what you want, we understand you think it will bring billions of players from Wurm to play in Xsyon. But its NOT AN OPTION. Just like its not an option to have 3d tunneling in the game. Its just not. You have to stay "Do I want to play this or not" some choices are not in your hands, and the # of people that might play isnt going to matter.

The game was made with Xsyon's vision in mind, think of that before you go off about how many people will be playing. Using his vision, now think of what the game should have or need.
    ATTID style Xsyon, isnt on the table. Never was.

Xsyon Citizen
    Yehh, so attacking other players outside of tribe, full loot and now even containers are going to be looted outside of tribes, which was in fact stated on features that containers that are in use are supposed to be inaccessible for loot, are all PVE content?
    That is why so many people are escaping buying Xsyon not to invest in something that they don't have freedom of choice in.
    I don't know if Xsyon is willing to loose those players.
    You keep going back to this bin argument and saying its a PvP change.. Were is the PvP in looting a basket someone left laying out in the middle of nowhere?!?!?!? Then you say everyone isn't buying the game because of this Basket change?? How is looting a basket left behind by a inactive player or a tribe that has gone inactive affecting people buying the game?? Seriously.....

lol, i cant even remember where i left my car keys on the kitchen counter half the time, let alone try and remember where i left some damn basket in xsyon... if you find it, i hope i left something good in there for you!

Why all the angst? For folks so certain to be the authority on what the devs want, you sure seem threatened by a contrary opinion!

Telling someone to just stop posting because they have a different point of view doesn't seem all that cool. I'm surprised none of the guides have seen fit to cool things down a bit.

There's been an ongoing difference amongst some members of the community. For some, the FFA PVP aspect is the meat and potatoes. Right on.

For me, and presumably not just me, the FFA PVP was just something that may add something, possibly, but it had nothing to do with why I bought the game.

Yes, it was very exciting when I first got in having heard stories of people getting stripped naked by bands of marauders. No, it's not the getting stripped part that was exciting, mind out of gutter people, it was the added element of survival. Notice, I said Added element. Just one of many, or so I thought.

I was way more excited by the other kind of survival out there. Man vs. Nature. I loved the complexity and depth of the crafting. I wasn't against being killed, part of the territory, but just to bring the point home, a very small part.

I soon discovered what one quitting player referred to as "giggling pimple-faced kids" running around griefing people. They were naked, with pre-order weapons, camping outside friends' lands making it impossible for them to play. I know I know, get protection, whatever, it's not fun.

Once, we did manage to fight back a little by gathering as many people as possible. The result? Kids came back and deforested the entire region while we slept. Not a problem anymore, but lots of friends were out the door right then and there. Not fun.

People quit for all kinds of reasons. Sure, some because they really didn't like the combat mechanics. Others, because safe zones meant they couldn't take away someone else's fun entirely 24/7. Others, simply lag, or not quite the feature list they wanted, or perhaps intestinal parasites, who knows. If you're willing to hang your hat on one reason, then the only thing that really matters is that you've developed tunnel vision and should seek immediate medical attention.

PvPers don't like to craft some say, which is why PvE players are needed, but the PvPer should get special cookies. While I understand risk vs. reward, as much risk can be implemented in a PvE setting to warrant the reward. It just wreaks to me of a certain sub-segment of the PvP community feeling overly entitled and special. Not the kinds of folks I'd want to deal with until they mature a little, and in this environment when population grows, it becomes difficult to simply avoid/ignore them since they stopped reading at FFA PVP and come in with only one thing in mind.

See what I did there? I don't entirely agree with some of you. Oh noes! Feel free to berate belittle and insult me right off the forums. By all means.

Xsyon Citizen
    If you have read through all his posts, and this isn't the first time he has brought this up you would understand why someone might not want him to continue to posting. I don't care if he posts at all.. My biggest beef is he is crying about PvP were PvP isn't the issue. He is upset about the upcoming basket changes and saying that the Devs are favoring the PvP'rs but what does looting a basket out in the open have to do with PvP? Nothing......

Exactly, you get how frustrating that is? I could pick apart your post but I assume it was written this way to entice a fight so I am not going to bite.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by simple69 View Post
    If you have read through all his posts, and this isn't the first time he has brought this up you would understand why someone might not want him to continue to posting. I don't care if he posts at all.. My biggest beef is he is crying about PvP were PvP isn't the issue. He is upset about the upcoming basket changes and saying that the Devs are favoring the PvP'rs but what does looting a basket out in the open have to do with PvP? Nothing......

Exactly, you get how frustrating that is? I could pick apart your post but I assume it was written this way to entice a fight so I am not going to bite.
    My only concern now if all the containers are going to be safe which I have on me? because on Xsyon front page of Features, under combat section, states this ""Players can fully loot others players but can't take containers in use or special pre-order weapons."" if it stays this way I have little problem but the problem could be dealt with.

I am arguing because MrDDT said that all baskets will be looted even those that are in use.

I think you don't know the meaning of 'FFA'. Which means FREE FOR ALL, there is no O which is optional in there. FFA PVP does not mean optional PVP. Seriously...
    Well said here, thank you for pointing out the amount of fail in his post.

Also I remember reading another idea someone had. A flag that is set at character creation that cannot be changed. You set it to either PvP or non-PvP.
    One major problem with this, and I have seen it in other games where this happens. You get two groups that go to "War" over something, Group A will use their non-PvP flagged toons to spy and harrass Group B. This leads to a greifing and or non-PvP trash talking war, which leads to heated tempers, poor choices, and the exploitation of game mechanics and possible use of hacks or cheats to change the flagging status of their toons.

Znaiika and anyone else who doesnt like the current system read below.

The current system is fine, if your on your tribal lands you're safe. If your off your lands your free game. So time to earn your foward mounted eyes and be a preditor and not a prey. After all prey have their eyes on the sides of their heads so they can see infront and behind.

Humans, which is what most of you are I hope, have your eyes placed in the front of your head, so you can gauge distance, and better track movement of prey. We have sharp front teeth so we can eat meat of fallen prey, we invented tools that allow us to become better killers, we are the apex preditor on land. If you want to try and change that because its a game, perhaps this type of game is not for you.

My only concern now if all the containers are going to be safe which I have on me? because on Xsyon front page of Features, under combat section, states this ""Players can fully loot others players but can't take containers in use or special pre-order weapons."" if it stays this way I have little problem but the problem could be dealt with.

I am arguing because MrDDT said that all baskets will be looted even those that are in use.
    "Players can fully loot others players but can't take containers in use or special pre-order weapons."

I dont actually think DDT said that baskets in use will be lootable but then if you left the basket on the ground then you are not really using it are you? No you cant loot a basket that is currently in use and Im sure that wont change since its not of any consequence at all. It clearly refers to game mechanics, because otherwise "in use" can mean just about anything. If it reffered to permissions then it would say "unless permitted".

@ Book, I can usually manage a reasonable discussion, if the people know what they are talking about and argue with well-reasoned arguements. If you read znaiikas posts, you will notice that this is not the case, he simply doesnt know the game well enough and argues for his own petty little issues. So should we humour the fool? No, ignore as best you can and if he keeps it up treat him like the fool he is.

"in use" = on your person. You have 5 slots for pouches and a backpack/bin.

If you drop it, its not in use. Also if you have the basket open would be considered "in use"