Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    Nah man, all there is to do atm is grief. That's the only PvP content/outlet, and the whole point of me creating this thread. I am a PvP'er and I do not want a grieving ass sandbox. Real pvp'ers (the ones who stay and pay the bills) want real pvp content. They don't want smoke and mirrors. They don't want "play my game for 6 months and then maybe you will have it".
    if you want real pvp content than i would say go somewhere else for awhile and come back after a few months after they worked on the pvp aspect of xsyon, they have stated that xsyon is meant to be more of a life simulator than a pvp centric game. I would say PVP is not their primarcy concern at the moment and probably will not be for abit after launch.

by the way i wan't telling you to leave because you like to pvp just pointing out it doesn't seem like what you want will be here for a while.

I'll come at this from a different perspective. While I applaud Jooky and team for creating a game I am enjoying....I dont want to see them dividing their already stretched resources and attention between two servers codes...and yes, no matter how slight the difference....a change to one code set will have different consequences for the other.

Not only would they have to code it, then comes testing, then applying it, then bug squashes, make this X2...then we have slower progress here. So this would certainly delay any updates that would be coming down the pipe. Even if doing them one at a time...they still take time away from first server. and if they say they have resources to hire more programmers...then hire them for this game I already bought...not some secondary venture.

I have recognised many names from Roma Victor game, and those players should recall how Redbedlam divided attention between RV and their "Other" projects...to the detriment and failure of that game...and updates were far and few there.....with litereraly each update becoming a major disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    I'll come at this from a different perspective. While I applaud Jooky and team for creating a game I am enjoying....I dont want to see them dividing their already stretched resources and attention between two servers codes...and yes, no matter how slight the difference....a change to one code set will have different consequences for the other.

Not only would they have to code it, then comes testing, then applying it, then bug squashes, make this X2...then we have slower progress here. So this would certainly delay any updates that would be coming down the pipe. Even if doing them one at a time...they still take time away from first server. and if they say they have resources to hire more programmers...then hire them for this game I already bought...not some secondary venture.

I have recognised many names from Roma Victor game, and those players should recall how Redbedlam divided attention between RV and their "Other" projects...to the detriment and failure of that game...and updates were far and few there.....with litereraly each update becoming a major disappointment.
    I dont think it would take that much resources, if evil is supposed to work like "be attacked anywhere anytime, no safe zone for you", its just a matter of switching every homestead/tribe to default evil.

I do not think they should split up the community by making two servers and I also do not agree with removing the safe zones too early. One of the main things that is different about this game compared to other games like EVE, DF, MO, is that there are no NPCs or NPC cities for players to start in or go to. I've always felt that that was the point of prelude, to build up places like that. However, you have to give people the time to do it and the protection to do it. If stuff gets destroyed over and over again in the beginning of the game, then people will just say forget it and those places won't get built. Once stuff is significantly built up then remove all safe zones and go at it.

Plus as another poster stated, the combat isn't final. They need time to work it out.

If you don't like it as it is, I would say come back in a little while, once everything is worked out and built up, and then have fun trying to tear it all down.

Big country, you should realize that most of us do agree with your main point, but we shouldn't implement it now, rather we should do it later.

Why? I'll appeal to the PvP demographic here, as I am a PvP player myself. I'm not usually condescending to PvE players because I do see their point as well- they share the world with us and have (admittedly unwillingly) given up some of their freedoms for us to have more fun.

Most of the reasons the PvE players posted have meaning to them, and they're half the server. It takes us 2 weeks to get enough crap done and set up an awesome defense-able area. We need to make relations with players around us and form up a political sphere before we go conquering them anyway.

First of all...

I say there should be no implementation of dismantling any safe zones until they have both finished the initial game mechanic improvements and improved/fixed combat. Actively seeking pvp in a semi-broken combat system seems a little stupid especially if changes are already planned as one of the priorities.

Then after this (however many weeks it has been), the best solution is exactly what has been stated...

Allow tribes to 'flag' as an unsafe zone. The safe zone can still be in effect for that tribe if another unflagged and safe tribe member enters to try and kill. But between the flagged tribes, each of their territories are not safe. OR just make flagging remove their safe zone in general. I'm sure with the influx of DF guilds that there will be numerous "unsafe zones".

Xsyon plans to allow players to start in player made tribes. These tribes need to be safe ones.

Then after prelude...whatever happens happens.

you need some level of safety net...especially if we're talking asset & territory destruction/conqueroring/control.

I think Eve has it right, and a similar compromise should be implemented here.

certain sectors of the map allow for the 'safe zone' effect of the tribal/homestead area. These areas would be relatively few, and not overly abundant in resources. THe incentive for building here is to 'play house' and to pvp on your terms...ie. when you walk out of your doors.

The majority of the map would then be without the tribal area safe zone...with tribes and members free to fully embrace the chaos of politics, the ebb and flow of alliances and of course the resulting conflict.

*shrug* would seem to satisfy both camps, and furthermore, allow the tentative to get their feet wet without having to move to another server to 'try it out'.

Quote Originally Posted by byrgar View Post
    Once again, it seems some people are looking to change a new MMO, into the old MMO they used to play.

For once, I would like to see people in general, just accept that a new MMO, is a new MMO, and play it for what it is, and accept that the Devs have a vision of what the MMO will end up being, and play it for what that vision will be.
    Great post. I snipped it down to the part I feel is most essential. I would kind of like to just copy and paste this all over the forum.

I know people get excited and want to share their hopes and ideas, but let's not all put on chef's hats and spoil this soup.

Quote Originally Posted by otomotopia View Post
    Big country, you should realize that most of us do agree with your main point, but we shouldn't implement it now, rather we should do it later.

Why? I'll appeal to the PvP demographic here, as I am a PvP player myself. I'm not usually condescending to PvE players because I do see their point as well- they share the world with us and have (admittedly unwillingly) given up some of their freedoms for us to have more fun.

Most of the reasons the PvE players posted have meaning to them, and they're half the server. It takes us 2 weeks to get enough crap done and set up an awesome defense-able area. We need to make relations with players around us and form up a political sphere before we go conquering them anyway.
    I know. And this is a GREAT community. You guys are great. Thread after thread we discuss and debate, and every thread is civil. That in itself is something for us all to be very proud of.

My real concern is atm, if they wait 6 months, myself, and all of the friends I am playing the game with, are going to lose interest. That is the feedback I received over the weekend, and that is why I fed it to the community this morning to get some feedback. We are not looking to change anything, or play something we played 13 years ago (not sure where that stemmed from).

All we are asking for, in a nutshell, is less time on enabling the game to how the devs invisioned it (no safe zones), so the world will build correctly and no one is wasting their time with construction.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    I know. And this is a GREAT community. You guys are great. Thread after thread we discuss and debate, and every thread is civil. That in itself is something for us all to be very proud of.

My real concern is atm, if they wait 6 months, myself, and all of the friends I am playing the game with, are going to lose interest. That is the feedback I received over the weekend, and that is why I fed it to the community this morning to get some feedback. We are not looking to change anything, or play something we played 13 years ago (not sure where that stemmed from).

All we are asking for, in a nutshell, is less time on enabling the game to how the devs invisioned it (no safe zones), so the world will build correctly and no one is wasting their time with construction.
    You have to understand game is half-finished, and allowing prelude to finish early is sure way to disaster. I guess all of us would like all the features and other stuff are already ingame, but Xsyon has great potential and most people are willing to invest in that potential, and just bare with development, more on the line of "implement when ready". I hope that world will be "big enough" to hold both "carebears" and "PvPers", its something EvE managed to do, but its just not there yet (and prolly wont be there for a while), and both "groups" have to make sacrifices, and thats the setup atm.