Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Binge Eating

The fact 3 people offered the OP a fishing pole is a good sign of the present community. I know just stating the obvious for props to the community.

My STR went from 75 to 74. I assume this happened when I was starving. Are we sure that stat loss due to hunger / thirst is turned off?

Quote Originally Posted by goofy3k View Post
    It does affect you, my energy seems to run out faster if my hunger and drink levels are empty.
    This is true.

Quote Originally Posted by zaaph89 View Post
    My STR went from 75 to 74. I assume this happened when I was starving. Are we sure that stat loss due to hunger / thirst is turned off?
    Mine has also gone down, my understanding is that it's actually only gone down by like 0.10, so like from 75 to 74.9. I have no idea how people figured that out and no idea what caused it to go down. Though I do know that at one point during totem placement I was starving and thirsty and not going to move one inch until I was sure the totem was really planted.

Quote Originally Posted by Delvie View Post
    Mine has also gone down, my understanding is that it's actually only gone down by like 0.10, so like from 75 to 74.9. I have no idea how people figured that out and no idea what caused it to go down. Though I do know that at one point during totem placement I was starving and thirsty and not going to move one inch until I was sure the totem was really planted.
    Your stats can change according to what you do in game. In beta I had lost a point in strength and gained one in another stat, charm it was if I remember right.

My interpretation is that your character never has more stat points than you had during character creation. However, the distribution of the stat points can change according to in-game actions. That you see the loss and not the gain is down to rounding of the numbers I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by d3m0nd0 View Post
    It improves your chances of theorycrafting bullshit too!
    I lol'd when he said that too...

I've lost one str, and one spirit so far.

What I don't understand is why there are two columns on the character sheet for stats.

Lockport, New York, USA --> Miami, FL, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by destiny42 View Post
    I have a little problem here.

I generate hunger faster than I can forage for food. I do not have a fishing rod and I am not about to reroll now as I have my homestead set up.

When lag is affecting an area, it would be nice to see Hunger and thirst turned off, because you can't react to it. You can spend all day eating food to combat the hunger because during the permanent lag on the server it takes a few minutes to eat a leaf.

Also why are we rushing off to drink and feed ourselves every hour? We should only need to eat three times a day, so why does my bar empty itself what seems like very 10 minutes.

I would use the support function for this, but I filed a support ticket last week and not heard anything in return. I think the support function is not yet working.
    As long as there is a large area to forage in, you shouldn't have any problems finding food enough to cure the hunger. You just have to have some patience and accept that when you're starting out, you're going to fail easily 10 times before you have success, and even then, it's not a guarantee the food will be edible. Just keep foraging, even in the lag. You'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by zaaph89 View Post
    Everyone has lost a point of STR as a result of the amount of time they have spent in game.

As far as I can tell food has no effect on this.

MY AGE THEORY: As you play the game, you constantly lose stats. The stat you lose is dictated by your current age. (Since 90% of us are teenagers or young adults in game, STR is the stat we're losing). This cannot be stopped, only combatted by stat gain. You gain stats by doing stuff.

My character gained some weight last night as well. Fish diet and I'm getting fat. I'm pretty sure my toon as burned a hell of a lot more calories than he's eaten.