Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Someone should just put Dubanka in charge of leading this game for the next year. That'll do the trick. Then I and ocoma would bring back the 30 or so Anvil Society that left this game a month ago, with renewed vigor.

Furthermore, Salvadore, every thread i read your post in is like an echo of my own posts, maybe not word for word but paragraph for paragraph at least. Theres a lot of people in this thread that really understand what needs to be done for this game like Dubanka, Salvadore, Hanover and MrDDT.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    Maybe to avoid alt towns that just mule up the valuable resoucres, make these most valuable resources have to be mined and used in only the non-safe area.

What I mean is:

A) You set up your tribe in the "PvP-no safe" area.
    B) In order to find the unobtanium you must use a territory control totem that has the added option (instead of usually tribe/quest system) to search for whatever type of unobtanium you want/need.
    C) In order to gather this so that you can use it, you must have a "stockpile" or "furnace" built in your main totem area.
    D) The unobtanium is automatically transported to your main totem "stockpile".
    E) This unobtanium (rock version) has a durability of 5/5. If you remove it, after 5 game hours it turns into normal granite or whatever resource..or after you pass through the green mist into "safe-PvP" area.
    F) This means you basically HAVE to craft it in your no safe area.
    G) The safe area players will have to discover some sort of politics that makes it possible for the no-safe people to want to trade them or allow them permission to craft in their place....set up a tax or something. Maybe make it so that more mobs are in the safer area (there is still open pvp in the wilderness). Saying more mobs doesn't mean the best ones. There could be highly difficult bosses mostly in the no-safe areas.

Edit:
    Seems like implementing some of this stuff will take a bit of work, but trying to find a solution is better than...not.

I was thinking of something kinda along these lines myself...

When you take 1-2 steps into the green mist you get a very light green tint to everything. You can still see fine and for a good distance. Its only when you go a good number of steps into the mist that it closes in on you like a green wall.

What if when the green mist is rolled back it keeps that 2 step tint covering everything. The mists have a strange effect on the fabric of reality. Totems dropped become these contested totems and allow terrafroming to make defensive structures and work as a bind point but do NOT provide a safezone. One of effects of the mists are that respawning doesn't work like normal. If you have a contested totem you can respawn to it like we currently respawn now. However if you do not have a contested totem or wish to respawn back at your original totem you do so naked(bar the PO weapons of course). For some strange reason the mists do not allow the magical transportation of goods outta them. Instead of normal death in the green mists you drop a fully lootable tombstone. It doesn't have to be an actual tombstone but you get the idea.

This means that transporting goods outta the misted lands must be done manually. This allows the chance for others to intercept.

I'm tired of being sent to the smokers lounge to pvp. Even a fancy one with a snack machine and a deck of cards (EVE) is still 'that area we send those one people to do what they do (it doesn't really effect us out here)'.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenchfoot View Post
    I'm tired of being sent to the smokers lounge to pvp. Even a fancy one with a snack machine and a deck of cards (EVE) is still 'that area we send those one people to do what they do (it doesn't really effect us out here)'.
    That is exactly my point. The current lands we have access to ARE the smokers lounge.

We currently have access to about 110 of 1600 zones. Of that 110 zones, Lake Tahoe completely encompasses 14 zones and stretches over 21 total zones. You can't drop a totem on the water or on the island(confirm?). Removing only the 14 entirely covered by the lake and that drops the 110 down to 96 we can actually drop safezone totems on.

Of that 96 zones remaining, 34 of them are partially covered by the green mist. Some of them only have a tiny sliver of zone accessable atm. Lets count all those partially accessable zones as half a zone each to average them out and thats 17 more zones worth of land not able to drop safezone totems on.

New total of currently accessable landmass to drop safezone totems is now 79 zones(even less if you average out the zones only partially covered by the lake and not just the ones fully covered).

79 of 1600 zones is 4.9375% So roughly 5% of the total game world allows the creation of safezone totems.

And still that 5% of the land is FFA Full Loot when not specifically standing on the lands protected by your own tribes totem.

Under 5% of the world has the POTENTIAL to be made safe and you all are crying like its 90% or something.

Edited for math errors.

Hi all,

First what I want to say here is this - I'm old gamer who is tired of PVE and NPCs (animals doesn't count here because they are resource imo).
    So:
    NO 1 - No dungeons pls or any PVE BS - who wants to PVE there is plenty of WOWish games around (get a healer tank and few DPS and do same over and over again to get more epic shiny pixels that will be obsolete in next patch/expansion)

I came to this game after reading something like "We will provide you with sand - do what ever you like with it"
    People who want safe zones are just scared crybaby's who want to fight when they chose to fight ... but if they get ambushed then they will go on forum and cry a river - It happened before, its happening here and it will happen in future so just ignore them - they will cry, they will say that they will leave and so on - ignoring them is only cure for community.

Why ppl build walls? Why build weapons? Is this a Simcity? NO! Is it Sims? I guess not! - and I hope it will never be!
    You want protection? Build walls to protect you... thats why you can build walls ffs in first place
    You build weapons? Use them! (to attack or to defend)

What we need here is total rebuild of PVP... MUCH LESS RESOURCES AROUND! so we have to fight to get free cloth from junk-pile etc...
    Also this is not a final game and shame on DEVs here for calling it that way - this is still beta and there is a lot of things to do - A LOT - but so far they are doing a great job! - just a bit more time imo.

Only safe zones should be very small places where you can put your items for sale with price on table or something like that - that will be used for trading (imagine pvp around them) - traders will have to go there to sell...
    And second safe zone should be starting zones to prevent ganking of new players or even better all new players should be 1h protected from any harm way to them - after that time GL to them

Full PVP loot ofc and to conquer someone's tribe totem you need to destroy it - and that can't be easy task special if its protected by walls, barricades and players. Siege need to be implemented and construction of siege need to last at least couple of hours - that will buy ppl time to organise, call for help and defend.
    Thats what makes game fun! Even when you lose you will turn off your game go to bed angry but tomorow you will start to plan how to regroup, settle somewhere far far away and one day ... one day go back and get your revenge.

This game have great potential - I hope DEVs will ignore crybaby's and focus on building one of the best games so far !

BR,
    Eduard

I apologize beforehand for not reading any post beyond the first page, however,
    I am personally hoping by terms of "Contested Totems" He means expansion territory.

Say Tribe A: Through Hard labor and grievous pking in their "Evil" Faction earn enough points to gain an expansion totem.
    They then decide to place this totem not far out of their tribal territory therefore expanding it with a small node that players can create a small keep or fortress further expanding it by issuing their "Evil" Prestigious points toward it.

Say Tribe B: Becomes aware of A's expansion and decide that they wish to vanquish evil and have enough resources and time to lay siege to A's Expansion. Being a "Good" Tribe they will therefore earn a decent sum of Prestige points and hopefully kill a few evil players to further gain their prestige toward their own "Expansion" territory.

Now with this system it creates pvp economy that everyone can enjoy, and the prestige system can be further implemented into other uses.
    City Buffs, and ext.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreseer View Post
    I apologize beforehand for not reading any post beyond the first page, however,
    I am personally hoping by terms of "Contested Totems" He means expansion territory.

Say Tribe A: Through Hard labor and grievous pking in their "Evil" Faction earn enough points to gain an expansion totem.
    They then decide to place this totem not far out of their tribal territory therefore expanding it with a small node that players can create a small keep or fortress further expanding it by issuing their "Evil" Prestigious points toward it.

Say Tribe B: Becomes aware of A's expansion and decide that they wish to vanquish evil and have enough resources and time to lay siege to A's Expansion. Being a "Good" Tribe they will therefore earn a decent sum of Prestige points and hopefully kill a few evil players to further gain their prestige toward their own "Expansion" territory.

Now with this system it creates pvp economy that everyone can enjoy, and the prestige system can be further implemented into other uses.
    City Buffs, and ext.

Sounds great until you think of how people will have "Safe" totems.
    Why would I use an expansion totem when I can use a safe totem and keep all the resources and be 100% protected and kill people if they come near it?

They need to have SAFE starting areas DEV made that dont change. Players can then drop totems in these safe areas without worry of being taken over. However, the resources are very limited to basic goods (Trees, water, sand, limestone etc) this would serve as an area for people to learn to build up, also serve as areas for people that dont want to worry about losing their pixels to build and have no worries of PVP.

Anywhere outside these safe starting areas, totems are at risk. You would need to either protect them by force, using money, making allies, or choose areas where people just dont want to take it. That is the only way I can see safe areas working in a game like this. Not doing this will cause exploiting for 1 side or another. I can already think of 100 ways to exploit this safe totem system, making combat totems all but worthless or only needed for random greifing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eduard View Post
    Hi all,

First what I want to say here is this - I'm old gamer who is tired of PVE and NPCs (animals doesn't count here because they are resource imo).
    So:
    NO 1 - No dungeons pls or any PVE BS - who wants to PVE there is plenty of WOWish games around (get a healer tank and few DPS and do same over and over again to get more epic shiny pixels that will be obsolete in next patch/expansion)

I came to this game after reading something like "We will provide you with sand - do what ever you like with it"
    People who want safe zones are just scared crybaby's who want to fight when they chose to fight ... but if they get ambushed then they will go on forum and cry a river - It happened before, its happening here and it will happen in future so just ignore them - they will cry, they will say that they will leave and so on - ignoring them is only cure for community.

Why ppl build walls? Why build weapons? Is this a Simcity? NO! Is it Sims? I guess not! - and I hope it will never be!
    You want protection? Build walls to protect you... thats why you can build walls ffs in first place
    You build weapons? Use them! (to attack or to defend)

What we need here is total rebuild of PVP... MUCH LESS RESOURCES AROUND! so we have to fight to get free cloth from junk-pile etc...
    Also this is not a final game and shame on DEVs here for calling it that way - this is still beta and there is a lot of things to do - A LOT - but so far they are doing a great job! - just a bit more time imo.

Only safe zones should be very small places where you can put your items for sale with price on table or something like that - that will be used for trading (imagine pvp around them) - traders will have to go there to sell...
    And second safe zone should be starting zones to prevent ganking of new players or even better all new players should be 1h protected from any harm way to them - after that time GL to them

Full PVP loot ofc and to conquer someone's tribe totem you need to destroy it - and that can't be easy task special if its protected by walls, barricades and players. Siege need to be implemented and construction of siege need to last at least couple of hours - that will buy ppl time to organise, call for help and defend.
    Thats what makes game fun! Even when you lose you will turn off your game go to bed angry but tomorow you will start to plan how to regroup, settle somewhere far far away and one day ... one day go back and get your revenge.

This game have great potential - I hope DEVs will ignore crybaby's and focus on building one of the best games so far !

BR,
    Eduard

I like your style and Welcome to Xsyon!!! Quote of the week: "they will cry, they will say that they will leave and so on - ignoring them is only cure for community" Thanks Eduard

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    Someone should just put Dubanka in charge of leading this game for the next year. That'll do the trick. Then I and ocoma would bring back the 30 or so Anvil Society that left this game a month ago, with renewed vigor.

Furthermore, Salvadore, every thread i read your post in is like an echo of my own posts, maybe not word for word but paragraph for paragraph at least. Theres a lot of people in this thread that really understand what needs to be done for this game like Dubanka, Salvadore, Hanover and MrDDT.
    Personally, I wouldnt be surprised if people started flocking back to this game (as they did when "release" happened for the promise of pvp) if just a few things were tweaked/balanced. Maybe they should consider signing the ones you mentioned on as "Combat Devs" that simply provide input, playtesting, and direct feedback to the Devs (Dezgard, et all). Maybe do the same for the crafting aspects as well.

Would be pretty awesome, and I'm sure they would get some superb feedback! I mean, we ARE the player base and I'm sure between the few of us we've tried virtually every pvp-type game out there!!!

In the current state of the MMO market, sheer promise of a "tribal warfare" system monopolizes an entire market.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvadore View Post
    Personally, I wouldnt be surprised if people started flocking back to this game (as they did when "release" happened for the promise of pvp) if just a few things were tweaked/balanced. Maybe they should consider signing the ones you mentioned on as "Combat Devs" that simply provide input, playtesting, and direct feedback to the Devs (Dezgard, et all). Maybe do the same for the crafting aspects as well.

Would be pretty awesome, and I'm sure they would get some superb feedback! I mean, we ARE the player base and I'm sure between the few of us we've tried virtually every pvp-type game out there!!!

In the current state of the MMO market, sheer promise of a "tribal warfare" system monopolizes an entire market.
    Ya true, but still people would have to see first that combat was working.
    Fighting over pixels with a laggy combat system as it is now would do nothing to bring people back. It would have to be better with tribal warfare.

I also think that there would need to be something to take over. Taking over someone's tribe for no reason would bring some PVPers back, but better would be to have resource control items to fight for.