Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Have you honestly ever paid for a game where you could log in and ALL the functions have been purposely turned off becuase they know the servers can't handle it..
    Even the chat function lagged out.

Honestly ?

I went through UO release.. shadowbane, EQ, Warhammer, Darkfall and even rifts...Sure they all have had problems and delays.. but nothing even compares.
    The answer so far has been lets turn everything off and have people log on and right back off. To try hard to not stress the server.. how long are people supposed to stay logged out and not play? How is this even acceptable. I would understand waiting ques or something maybe.. but letting everyone online at one time so they can literally stand around and log out... COME ON
    If these issues aren't actively being fixed he is going to lose alot of people before it even does have an official start. It seems to me that he thinks its just because we are all jumping in game at once he is mistaken.. as I said most people are still at work.
    This is pre-launch with everything in the game off.... think about how much more lag will results in turning systems on and using them during a prime time setting. I want this game to succeed... right now it looks pretty damn grim.

Am I the only one who has not had any problem with lag today, read the announcements so I knew everything would be disabled and there would be rollbacks, and is generally happy with what is going on? I must live in a box.

You guys do have some strong points, and i also agree that it really is annoying as fuck.
    In the end all we can do is complain, and flame our asses off in the forums.

Eventually it will be fixed.. its a matter of time - like mos things.

If this is truly a single server (one computer, not a network of computers), then it won't matter if everyone is in one place or scattered as thin as possible. The server has just as many people to talk to. In games like eve, zones are on different machines. Some machines have several "zones". Others only have 1 or two because those zones are high traffic, Like Jita.

Quote Originally Posted by coca View Post
    Have you honestly ever paid for a game where you could log in and ALL the functions have been purposely turned off becuase they know the servers can't handle it..
    Even the chat function lagged out.

Honestly ?

I went through UO release.. shadowbane, EQ, Warhammer, Darkfall and even rifts...Sure they all have had problems and delays.. but nothing even compares.
    *snip*
    You mention mostly AAA quality games, not indie games. Darkfall they wouldn't even let people BUY the game on release they limited the number of sales based on how much the servers could take, would you prefer that approach? I would rather have lag than wait for 6 months to buy a copy.

I compare this to minecraft where even after major updates there were data corruption issues, multiplayer maps blown away and it would be unplayable for days at a time. And yes you pay up front for that game too (no monthy, but theres no hosted servers). Comparing Xsyon to Rift? Really?

lol comparing xsyon to minecraft...

Imagine if they said they had to disable terraforming in minecraft because it created too much lag....

Quote Originally Posted by GLiMPSE View Post

Imagine if they said they had to disable terraforming in minecraft because it created too much lag....
    Exactly....

Imagine If everyone played minecraft on one server...

Quote Originally Posted by GLiMPSE View Post

So disabling terraforming in Xsyon (a small part of the game) is equal to disabling terraforming in Minecraft (THE ENTIRE GAME). I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    Imagine If everyone played minecraft on one server...
    Yup, and there is a technical REASON for that.....
    rofl

Quote Originally Posted by Sorakin View Post
    So disabling terraforming in Xsyon (a small part of the game) is equal to disabling terraforming in Minecraft (THE ENTIRE GAME). I stand corrected.
    Terraforming is Xsyon man. You remove that and you have no game. Well you would have a real crappy game. I take that back.
    lol

11. 03-10-2011, 01:46 PM