Considering joining - a few questions

I played quite a few sandbox games at my time, even tried Xsyon at some point in the past, and now I just saw it on steam and thought at giving it another try, but before doing that I have a few questions and I hope to get some answers from the people still playing.

1. What I remember is a lowish population of probably less than 100 active premium players, with no more than 30-40 premium players at peak times; now looking at least at the infos from steam charts ( http://steamcharts.com/app/297470 ) it looks that things don't look much better, plus the population is now spread among two servers and no more free players. So my question is - about how high the population really is (estimation of course) in total number of (premium) players, active players at peak/average time?

2 (connected with 1). Does the game look like blossoming, dying or just staying about the same, with the same few faces from ever? Is the game evolving (aka having regular updates, a growing dev team) or just turn out in a hobby project of a "one man team"?

3. The restrictions for skill are still in place as in you can't really succeed with only one account? If yes, are there real communities where people actually work together towards a common goal or at least have active trade hubs? Or pretty much to succeed one has to have a small army of alts to cover all/most professions?

4. What server is more populated? PVE or PVP?

5. Not like you have to, of course, but if I would be your friend and you would try to convince me to join, what argument you would bring to drop my WURM accounts and start Xsyon, not LIF, 7DTD or Repopulation? What makes it better than all these games?

Thanks!

LIF and 7DTD are not MMO's.
    Wurm is using much older graphics (combat is text based). Wurm also is forced first person.

Having said that, Xsyon's population is very very low. It's likely to stay there until he makes it feel more like a game with objectives or people to do things. Currently you are dropped into a world with no idea what you should be doing, being a survival game you think you should work on survival yet surviving is extremely easy in fact the only way you can die is if you go looking for a fight until you level up more.

Not sure why you can't succeed with only 1 account. A lot of people are confused on this and I've said it many times. Considering 1 toon can have 100 in EVERY skill in the game, that makes no sense.

Game looks like its currently staying about the same (very low population). The game is being updated but like I said nothing to really drive players to want to play. More buildings, new recipes, and changing the way you build. Yet none have a real reason to play.

If I had to guess the peak times are weekends at around 50 to 100 people.

I hope I answered your questions and remember these are my opinions and not fact.

100 in every skill? Was that changed? Because I remembered that once you had enough total skill points in each category, on every gain in one skill you had a drop in another one...

Skills do drop, but its always a net gain. So say you bring 1 up, by 10 points, another will drop, but only by like 5 or 6 points. So going up down over and over you get them all to 100. It's really not that hard, and you end up doing many skills way more than 100 skill required anyways for stats and just for the items themselves.

It's always been like that. Before it was easier because skills never had any decay. Then a while back (long while) Xsyon changed to a decay system, but like I said you never lose more than you gain.

5. 01-27-2015, 04:14 AM

Dorsie, I think it is probably people just focused on what they are doing... ( building, terraforming, scavenging or crafting )

Also I am like many and don't chat much in global if these is nobody else chatting.

I would agree with DDT. The population is growing every day. Remember, a lot of folks live in Europe so they are online at odd times here in the US. I was on at 3:00 AM this morning and talked with at least 15 folks over both servers.

our german clan is always in game (since Alpha) we are daily 3-7 online and we are activ on the PVP Server!..We are a mulitgamingclan and have played all the BLOCKBUSTER(ArcheAge,TESO,SWTOR)
    The End is this BLOCKBUSTER are down and we are coming each time back to XSYON.Why?
    Yes the population is low...but if you love the game then be online and let all the player see that the server is growing
    Feature over feature is ready and i think its faster complete ready as the other sandboxgames LIF or 7DTD with 64 player on a server!
    Sorry for my bad english ...

9. 01-28-2015, 05:17 AM

What sour grapes!

I am online often during the day and night and am always willing to answer questions and be of assistance to anyone that needs something.

AND.. I am sure not alone at those times and there are many vets and even new players doing the same thing.

I have no clue what you are talking about since all new players get help very quickly in this game and it has a great community. So I have to ask you dorsie what times are you playing where you see new players login and not get helped.. then I also need to ask you why if you see this are YOU not helping them?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorsie View Post
    well , 15 and 50 to 100 is a difference , no ?
    and yes , new people join everyday , and stop playing after a week , and why ?
    they ask questions in global and get no answer , because all are SO busy ?
    as whorlok says , be online and let the people see it , answer questions and be social , after all its a mmo we play , and on pve none try to kill you , there's no need to hide
    and saying people do this and that , but where are they ?
    i can run for hours and don't see anyone
    too bad , a great game , but it's we that makes the difference
    so go on and hide and see the newbs come and go , and continue to talk to your alts because there's no one else to talk to , lol
    It would help if everyone said something in global, and talked a lot in it. However, it's only a minor difference. The key is just getting more people to play, which is 2 fold. 1)You need to get a lot more people to see it and want to buy/click it. 2)You need to keep people that do log in.
    Right now 1 is the major issue, but 2 is not far behind. I think more people talking in global even if 100% of the people did as players would not make much of a difference. The game is just missing major things that draw and keep people playing. It doesnt feel like a game. It's more like a building simulator as there is no purpose or direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheem View Post
    What sour grapes!

I am online often during the day and night and am always willing to answer questions and be of assistance to anyone that needs something.

AND.. I am sure not alone at those times and there are many vets and even new players doing the same thing.

I have no clue what you are talking about since all new players get help very quickly in this game and it has a great community. So I have to ask you dorsie what times are you playing where you see new players login and not get helped.. then I also need to ask you why if you see this are YOU not helping them?
    Like Cheem is saying here, many people that do play help out pretty well. There just isnt many people playing, and I do not expect people to chat in global all that much as a percentage. I do not feel it's the players job or duty to chat in global or do much of anything to keep the game alive. Them being a paying sub, and having bought the game is more than enough for any game maker. I think asking them do anything other than that is over and above. Chatting in global, reporting bugs, setting up events or anything like that is something game makers should not require of their normal players. Is it helpful? Of course, but it shouldn't make or break the game.
    Xsyon's playerbase is very good about welcoming new players and being helpful, of the few people that do make it that far, and of the ones that stay.