Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    I meant if the game was fully working everything implemented kick ass combat system...but everything capture able, there still wouldn't be a chance of anyone playing
    I don't remember electing you to speak on our (my) behalf. Some of us would like nothing more, that's why we're here.

I meant if the game was fully working everything implemented kick ass combat system...but everything capture able, there still wouldn't be a chance of anyone playing. Unless it was tribe of 500 players vs tribe of 500 players but in a system like that it's inevitable that mega tribes own the game but no one wants to be forced into a huge tribe or to go live on hermit hill...some people like the middle ground

Why play the SIMS? If i want to design a house I'll use CAD software.

And back to the totem thing, I shouldn't have to make this game my whole life just so I can keep my invested hours from going down the drain...(aka play round the clock and have a large tribe just to protect the totem from losing everyone in the tribes invested time.
    Absolutely agree. Force a wargame on people and you will get empty server. But Jordi already said he won't force us into it, so why these worries...

hardly anyone would want that.

you're dreaming if you think they're will be an unlimited number of captureable totems for one tribe.

okay. so i guess you are someone. sorry for hurtings your feelings.

there wouldn't be a chance of very many people playing, which in itself kills the fun. if there as 10,000 players running around xsyon even in it's current state everyone would be a lot damn happier about the unimplemented features and broken gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Absolutely agree. Force a wargame on people and you will get empty server. But Jordi already said he won't force us into it, so why these worries...
    Funny how things change... Isn't the server empty now?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanover View Post
    Funny how things change... Isn't the server empty now?
    Its not. Right now I'm chatting with 6 other people in hearing range.

Just some people talking about fully capturable land. I say 1 safe totem from land capture (the most invested hours into the land will more than likely be the original totem) and the rest are fair game. Maybe it would cost a lot of materials to build expansion totems but have a large number of expansion totems allowed per tribe. Maybe dependent on member count as to how many exp. totems a tribe can have.

But perhaps the main totem can be captured and for an hour or so the opposing tribe gets full looting privaleges...as much as they can carry, however they still must be able to fight off the defenders while looting during the 1 hour period.

Just some people talking about fully capturable land. I say 1 safe totem from land capture (the most invested hours into the land will more than likely be the original totem) and the rest are fair game. Maybe it would cost a lot of materials to build expansion totems but have a large number of expansion totems allowed per tribe. Maybe dependent on member count as to how many exp. totems a tribe can have.

But perhaps the main totem can be captured and for an hour or so the opposing tribe gets full looting privaleges...as much as they can carry, however they still must be able to fight off the defenders while looting during the 1 hour period.
    I agree with the basis of this statement, except that I would propose that the only limitation to the number of expansion totems would be the tribes ability to maintain them via some sort of upkeep, and the ability of the tribe to defend them. Personally I'd rather them do away completely with the concept of an expansion totem and allow players to build structures wherever in the counquerable lands.

The game is already divided up into zones, what I think they should do is having the areas we have now be like they are. Tribes can set up totems wherever, but they cannot be sieged, then the land around this area should be a buffer zone where buildings cannot be placed, not can tribes lay down a totem. And finally, the land on the outside should be free game for anyone, anywhere with little to no restrictions on terraforming or building, except if there are dungeons/cave systems in which case there should be ability to build right on top of it (to prevent anyone from entering it).

Its not. Right now I'm chatting with 6 other people in hearing range.
    Thanks for proving my point! Anyway, you may find things need to change to make this game viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanover View Post
    Anyway, you may find things need to change to make this game viable.
    With that I totally agree. Just not with things which would make it worse. But I hope they will find a proper solution.

Yup and adding warfare and conquerable land is one of those changes. But not all land conquerable. I still don't see much of a point to that though if the combat system (twitch and spam) isn't any fun.