Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darkbladed View Post
    Why not give evil people a +10% bonus to combat stats but a -20% to combat stats for 2 hours if they get killed (and each death with the debuff increases it by 10% and resets the timer to 2 hours).
    The debuff should also disallow crafting during that time and only count down while they are outside totem area and online; resetting if they go back within totem a safe zone.

also maybe we can have a system of reputation + or - that each player can use once a day (on non-tribe members) with consequences for those that get too many -s and bonuses for those who get a lot of +s for being helpful

Who gives these + and - should be tracked so someone can not create 2-4 accounts and fix/destroy a reputation
    No offense but that's not going to work well.
    So someone does a bad thing and the only thing they can do after doing these bad things after they die, is more bad things? They cant craft, and they must be outside their totem. I dont see that promoting them wanting to stop.

Also, I dont like the +% to combat, it gives good players less of a change to fight. Killing and looting people of your choice is already a pretty good bonus for being evil lets not throw more on it.

But I think the punishment you are saying is a good punishment in the fact that evil will be upset about it, but they will just go out and do more bad things.

I dont like the + - system either because like you are saying it can be easy abused. Who is to say who is a valid player or not? I think that would be pretty messed up if Im a player yet cant make these choices.

Quote Originally Posted by darkbladed View Post
    Why not give evil people a +10% bonus to combat stats but a -20% to combat stats for 2 hours if they get killed (and each death with the debuff increases it by 10% and resets the timer to 2 hours).
    The debuff should also disallow crafting during that time and only count down while they are outside totem area and online; resetting if they go back within totem a safe zone.

also maybe we can have a system of reputation + or - that each player can use once a day (on non-tribe members) with consequences for those that get too many -s and bonuses for those who get a lot of +s for being helpful

Who gives these + and - should be tracked so someone can not create 2-4 accounts and fix/destroy a reputation
    No offense but that's not going to work well.
    So someone does a bad thing and the only thing they can do after doing these bad things after they die, is more bad things? They cant craft, and they must be outside their totem. I dont see that promoting them wanting to stop.

Also, I dont like the +% to combat, it gives good players less of a change to fight. Killing and looting people of your choice is already a pretty good bonus for being evil lets not throw more on it.

But I think the punishment you are saying is a good punishment in the fact that evil will be upset about it, but they will just go out and do more bad things.

I dont like the + - system either because like you are saying it can be easy abused. Who is to say who is a valid player or not? I think that would be pretty messed up if Im a player yet cant make these choices.

Quote Originally Posted by dezgard View Post
    Interesting idea but any game you play along time and lose everything is a sub killer IMO.

Maybe gaining evil points can have another effect like.

1) evil red glow
    2) reduced none combat stats
    3) Policed (tided down for 15 minutes by the player who kills him)
    4) Illegal item mark for looted items
    5) Higher decay on said illegal looted items
    6) More to follow once i have some free time
    this post should direct everyone away from the perma death discussion

and im not sure y the devs would consider other effects? unless there is somthing in game causing them (magic curse causes red glow when u do "bad things").

"Society" should be the one to impose good and bad penalties to players in this type of sand box game. (IMO)

For instance, if someone kills a player, that player should impose whatever penalty they want on the killer... no trade, convince others he is bad, start a posy... ect.

Now I would be in favor of game mechanics (like the magic above)... or perhaps in-game tools (handcuffs, jail structures) that could be used on repeat offenders to a tribe or homesteader... but keep it in game... make sense? not a separate set of "rules" imposed by devs that provide modifications for play style.

In the end, its up to the Devs, these are just my opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by soulless View Post

and im not sure y the devs would consider other effects? unless there is somthing in game causing them (magic curse causes red glow when u do "bad things").

"Society" should be the one to impose good and bad penalties to players in this type of sand box game. (IMO)

For instance, if someone kills a player, that player should impose whatever penalty they want on the killer... no trade, convince others he is bad, start a posy... ect.

Now I would be in favor of game mechanics (like the magic above)... or perhaps in-game tools (handcuffs, jail structures) that could be used on repeat offenders to a tribe or homesteader... but keep it in game... make sense? not a separate set of "rules" imposed by devs that provide modifications for play style.

Thats a sound idea, problem is in practice it doesnt work. Players will all just be bad overall with a few people not liking each other. It doesnt protect other players that have no way to stop from being attacked daily/hourly etc.

Players are normally very bad police. They will tend to do whats best for them. Ive found that even after killing someone many times, they will still do trades because its easier for them. Not always but sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by soulless View Post

Thats a sound idea, problem is in practice it doesnt work. Players will all just be bad overall with a few people not liking each other. It doesnt protect other players that have no way to stop from being attacked daily/hourly etc.

Players are normally very bad police. They will tend to do whats best for them. Ive found that even after killing someone many times, they will still do trades because its easier for them. Not always but sometimes.

Rather than imposing the limitations on the offender, why not put restrictions on the person killed... sounds messed up I know.

But say that I kill you, and I was the attacker, now I go back to your bind find you and kill you again, after doing this 1 more time (3x). The player I am camping can no longer be killed by me that day until either he or she does 1 of the following things.

- Enters my territory
    - attacks me
    - Attempts to steal something

This can also be done in expansion of protection for that player from me via distance from their totem... lets say, I kill you 10 times. first time it adds 10 feet/meters to the protection radius.. eventually stacking, but not overlapping into other tribes totem territory, and once again the zone of protection goes back to original size if...

- Enters my territory
    - attacks me

It will not prevent me from killing you if you go far far off, unless I have camped you ridiculous amounts. But it will #1 help prevent me from camping you right outside your tribe territory, and make it progressively more difficult and less worth while for me to kill you each time during that day.

This growing zone of defense will then reset to original totem safety area after server reset daily. I feel this would be effective in preventing bind camping, and also do so in a manner which does not cripple pvp for the attacker or defender.

Quote Originally Posted by Perefim View Post
    Rather than imposing the limitations on the offender, why not put restrictions on the person killed... sounds messed up I know.

But say that I kill you, and I was the attacker, now I go back to your bind find you and kill you again, after doing this 1 more time (3x). The player I am camping can no longer be killed by me that day until either he or she does 1 of the following things.

- Enters my territory
    - attacks me

This can also be done in expansion of protection for that player from me via distance from their totem... lets say, I kill you 10 times. first time it adds 10 feet/meters to the protection radius.. eventually stacking, but not overlapping into other tribes totem territory, and once again the zone of protection goes back to original size if...

- Enters my territory
    - attacks me

It will not prevent me from killing you if you go far far off, unless I have camped you ridiculous amounts. But it will #1 help prevent me from camping you right outside your tribe territory, and make it progressively more difficult and less worth while for me to kill you each time during that day.

This growing zone of defense will then reset to original totem safety area after server reset daily. I feel this would be effective in preventing bind camping, and also do so in a manner which does not cripple pvp for the attacker or defender.

I think it can be exploited the other way. Someone just keeps bugging you and bugging you, so either you can kill him again, or he will get protection from you and able to do what he wants near you.

I think you shouldnt be punished at all for killing people near your town/totem.

how could they bug you, without attacking first, unless we implement debuffs which should count as attack anyways, and negating their protection zone.

how could they bug you, without attacking first, unless we implement debuffs which should count as attack anyways, and negating their protection zone.
    Many ways to bug people. Heck could just be a spy telling you troop movements.

well, if that is case, #1 if they are close enough to be your neighbor then they could see movements anyways, #2 if they are far enough away each person in your tribe could take turns killing em

well, if that is case, #1 if they are close enough to be your neighbor then they could see movements anyways, #2 if they are far enough away each person in your tribe could take turns killing em
    If the range is that small then its not going to stop anyone from killing someone 100s of times.

Also doesnt deter people from wanting to attack random people for no reason and loot them.