Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post
    Decided to have a little go at this map, It has been scaled down due to upload size restrictions. There's is also a few discrepancies but I'll try to touch it up every once and a while.

colored .png version full size

Very nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post
    Decided to have a little go at this map, It has been scaled down due to upload size restrictions. There's is also a few discrepancies but I'll try to touch it up every once and a while.

colored .png version full size
    817 is mislabeled. . there are two sectors listed as 815 on the map.

there ya go both files hoste B&W and Colored http://www.bartertown.eu/?page_id=33 at the bottom

Quote Originally Posted by Aethaeryn View Post
    817 is mislabeled. . there are two sectors listed as 815 on the map.
    Yea, I'll try and fix that, also updating map to include current mist boundaries.

no need to add mist ,map will be expanded soon

Quote Originally Posted by sreckokovac View Post
    no need to add mist ,map will be expanded soon
    :/ do you know how much of a pain it was to get an accurate mist barrier...lol. How soon are we talking?

well if ya already done the job then put it in i gues, but i expect expansion in 1-2 months, if they dont break the game again

Again can I ask:
    Quote Originally Posted by hrobertson View Post
    What did you use to extract the PAK?
    I've tried a few different PAK extractors but none worked. Or did you do it manually with a hex editor?

Thanks!

Xsyon was designed to have no map. Why do we need this?

Look I realise I'm a minority disenting voice, but isn't this game supposed to be partly about discovery and exploration? When I first started playing I used to cross over the mountains and search for hidden away junk piles, or follow all the rivers looking for the quick ways between connecting points. But now what is the point?

Some people are already moaning there is not much to do in the game. But apparently killing this game for us explorers is great and everyone is cool with it. Is this going to happen again when the map is expanded?... well of course it is. I mean why bother even exploring, let's just use the map code and look at it directly. Want to know where the junk piles are, don't waste time in game doing it the slow way.

Why not stop there? Lets post where all the resources are, where all the Tribes are. Hell, lets have a real-time tracker that shows where all the online players are. Lets run an app to tell us the direction to run up a mountain to have most energy at the top... Why does everyone seem to want the whole game handed to them on a plate?

My only hope is that the developers think seriously about some form of decryption before they open up new areas.

I don't care that I sound like scrooge. The game was designed to have no map. This map (although impressive technically) is just one huge spoiler in my opinion.