Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: death

you cant see the ghost.. I wouldn't mind a wandering healer that you could get lucky and find to revive in the general area you died or perhaps a shrine or graveyard that you could run into as a gohst to resurect yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    ^this,
    its also probally set that way so your corpse doesn't go poof while some one is looting your body.

death is fine the way it is.

Bringing back the re spawn here option is going to be open for exploit and greifing.
    The Death to teleport is going to get fixed with stat loss on death.

problem will be fixed.
    Can you explain what exploit will that be?
    I think if you make correctly, there wont be an exploit

Quote Originally Posted by coca View Post
    you cant see the ghost.. I wouldn't mind a wandering healer that you could get lucky and find to revive in the general area you died or perhaps a shrine or graveyard that you could run into as a gohst to resurect yourself.
    I like your idea. But there is a problem. If u die, you can follow the character who killed you, to where the character is going. I think if you die, you should respawn back in about 3 minutes, and your dead character should still be laying on the ground. If you want you things back, you should loot yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    I think if you die, you should respawn back in about 3 minutes, and your dead character should still be laying on the ground.
    So we would be back to corpse camping and killing someone over and over ? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    So we would be back to corpse camping and killing someone over and over ? No thanks.
    Jazdia its not what i ment. If you die, you have 3 minutes to respawn back, within 20 meters from the center of your death. How is that makes a corpse camping? And if you die 3 or 5 times within 45 minutes then you teleported back to your starting area.
    How is that a problem?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jazdia its not what i ment. If you die, you have 3 minutes to respawn back, within 20 meters from the center of your death. How is that makes a corpse camping? And if you die 3 or 5 times within 45 minutes then you teleported back to your starting area.
    How is that a problem?
    Ok let's see if I get you well. So someone dies. He has to wait 3 minutes till he respawns. He respawned, his killer was waiting for that, and kills him again since that 20m radius isn't big enough to hide. Easy to kill the victim again since he has only 50% health now and he is looted, his killer had 3 minutes to rest and get back his full health. The PKer kills him again, another 3 mins waiting. Then again, another 3 mins. This goes on 5 times, the victim always lose 3 minutes of gameplay by every death so its 15 minutes altogether, after the 5th death he is teleported back to his totem. This doesn't sound much fun to me. Is this what you suggest or I misunderstood something ?

Can you explain what exploit will that be?
    I think if you make correctly, there wont be an exploit

I like your idea. But there is a problem. If u die, you can follow the character who killed you, to where the character is going. I think if you die, you should respawn back in about 3 minutes, and your dead character should still be laying on the ground. If you want you things back, you should loot yourself.
    I was thinking you had a certain time to wait before you could respawn.. AND a distance radius around your corpse and you would auto respawn.. say you run 15 or 20 meters in any direction it would auto res you. that should give you enough room to find a hiding spot.

I'll be a sad puppy when they remove death express. Only way to haul a bunch of medium handles from the mountains into my barren area. But I agree its an exploit.

I would think implementing both of these as an either/or would be better then leaving it the way it is.

Sometimes you might not have much on you in the middle of no where far from home and being auto sent to your totem could be horrible.
    Think about it in a fight or just while exploring .. it would be nice to res in the area you died sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by coca View Post
    I was thinking you had a certain time to wait before you could respawn.. AND a distance radius around your corpse and you would auto respawn.. say you run 15 or 20 meters in any direction it would auto res you. that should give you enough room to find a hiding spot.
    Thank you +1

i really think death is fine the way it is, when you die you should get sent back to your safe area, all this is going to encourage is naked people running around killing you taking your stuff and if you manage to kill them there going to re spawn again and try it over and over.

I understand how you would not want to die out in the wilderness and have to run back, or get killed in pvp and want a chance to get back at those that killed you..

how ever this mechanic would have to be something that is available by adding in additional functionality such as healing/rezing by other players perhaps a shaman.

I dont think something like this should be added as a simple push of the button.

that timer is up for a while, if magik is added in then you have a game mechanic that can be added for that type of player. it would add allot of worth to have a healer/rezer on a hunting trip.