Thread: Finite grass

Finite grass

Hi,

A guide in the wiki says
    note: When you pull grass in one spot 4 times, it will turn the spot to dirt. This is permanent. Grass does not regrow. Resources like cloth, leather, plastic and metal can be pulled from a junk-pile 8 times before turning the junkpile to dirt in that one spot. Junk does not regenerate. It is usually not beneficial to turn junk-piles into dirt and is best to avoid doing so.
    It is still the case? I've tried pulling 4 grasses from one spot. Grass disappeared from the Resources window, but the spot did not turn into dirt, visually. I'm not even sure it is supposed to.

But the main question is: does it stop regenerating when I pull 4, but will regenerate if I pace myself and only pull 3? and if so, when is it safe to come back and pull 3 more?

And with junk piles?

Thanks.

Edit: also, when terraforming a tile with grass on it, will it lose its current grass?
    Last edited by Neofit; 08-14-2017 at 05:05 AM.

well after 4 pulls it should turn to dirt, i dunno what happened there TBH...

as for regen ive been told it will regen if outside your tribe lands, but i would wait for some one to clarify that..

My mistake, it did in fact turn to dirt but only on a tiny spot that I didn't notice.

Also, I noticed that when I terraform a tile, like when I flatten it, all vegetation is removed from it. Is this forever? In Wurm for instance I can plant grass and/or flower on it, or if left untouched, nature will do its usual thing and grass will regrow, then probably a tree of some kind.

And I would really like an official reply as to the regen rules. I suppose that if there is still grass and trash piles somewhere in the world, that it regenerates somehow.

The only way for the grass to return is if it is off tribe lands. As it is now the ground revision only works if there is not a totem close to where the grass was killed or the ground was terraformed.
    --Guide Michael
    Guardian of the South and Element of the fire, Chief of the Archangels, Angel of Justice, Strength and Protection.

Quote Originally Posted by GuideMichael View Post
    The only way for the grass to return is if it is off tribe lands. As it is now the ground revision only works if there is not a totem close to where the grass was killed or the ground was terraformed.
    Thank you.

In other words, please correct me if I'm wrong:

1. I pick 4 bits of grass on the same spot in my homestead area, the spot will turn to dirt forever and grass will never respawn.

2. I pick 4 bits of grass or loot, say plastic, from a trash heap at a spot outside my homestead, and both the grass and the trash pile will regenerate? Automatically and if so, after what delay? Or does it need a manual server-wide update?

3. I terraform a spot in my homestead, it will turn to dirt, but grass will regrow eventually. Automatically and blah-blah?

4. Then, a logical assumption: I pick 4 bits of grass in my homestead thus turning the spot to dirt, then terraform that spot. I guess it will regrow thanks to the terraforming action?

Thanks.

1. correct..

2. grass will regrow if its outside your tribe area so yes.. but piles do not regen if you pull from the "actions" menu no matter if its in or outside your tribe area, thats how piles get wrecked.. always use you scavenge when possible..

3. no you have this back to front... grass will not regrow on terraformed ground no matter where it is..

4. again you got this back to front from #3...

Quote Originally Posted by Craticus View Post
    2. grass will regrow if its outside your tribe area so yes.. but piles do not regen if you pull from the "actions" menu no matter if its in or outside your tribe area, thats how piles get wrecked.. always use you scavenge when possible..
    Scrap pile tiles DO regen off tribe land. Has been that way for quite some time.

they regen if you pull from the actions menu??? i thought thats how they get turned to dirt?

It will turn to dirt but will regen after a while( very slow process ).
    --Guide Michael
    Guardian of the South and Element of the fire, Chief of the Archangels, Angel of Justice, Strength and Protection.