Universal and Lore-Specific In-Game Date

At its core, this game has a brief backstory. From there, however, we (the players) determine the future of the world. With that being said, we need a way to determine the order of events and the progression of the story.

With a clock system that starts at the date of the game's launch, and is in sync with the game day/night cycle, we could log our tribes' events. Whether it is a simple timeline or whether it is full narrative RP story, the need for something like this is great, especially for a world where the story is literally acted out and written by the players.

Sorry if this is already implemented or if there have been other threads about this. I did a search and couldn't find anything...

It would be fun to track ingame events by ingame time.

I'm gonna go a little OT, but I just got an idea and I'm too lazy to make antoher thread.

wWhat I'd like to see aswell is some kind of Xsyon Weekly bulletin with player written articles, tribe reviews, political and economical situation in different zones.

If someone has time and wants to do something like that, it would be graet for those who don't have much time ingame and want to keep track of current events.

Not sure if anyone else has thoughts on this. However, if it is a feature that can't be implement on launch, can we at least know what the day/night cycle of the game is? I know the first day of launch, the in-game date will be January 1, 2012, but what time of day will it be in-game? If I knew that much I could setup a timer to keep the in-game date and time outside of the game until something was implemented.

Hmmm... I understand the lore this way : 2012 is not today, but it's the year of the "end of the world". Several years later (5, 10, 200... ?), we, survivors, are here.

Hmmm... interesting. So nobody really knows the date then I'm assuming? If that's the case, I'll have to come up with some other way, outside of the game, to track the timeline of events.

we know -+ how long seasons last and thus have a steady ingame clock. however we do not know the starting date.
    Its quite easy to that one tho.. the 18th the game will official launch and that day will be 1 jan. for us players it would be year zero. the first day to be recored again. 9-10 rl weeks layer we would live in year 1-jan-01 ..AD (after destruction)

Since it seems that people have more or less forgotten the past, or at least have trouble remembering it. Why not create our own years like 5 AB(Ab Belli) or PA(Post Apocalypse). Something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Chavoda View Post
    we know -+ how long seasons last and thus have a steady ingame clock. however we do not know the starting date.
    Its quite easy to that one tho.. the 18th the game will official launch and that day will be 1 jan. for us players it would be year zero. the first day to be recored again. 9-10 rl weeks layer we would live in year 1-jan-01 ..AD (after destruction)
    Interesting. Do we know the time the game will launch? Yes, we know it is Jan, 1, but is that 12:00 a.m.? I guess we could figure that out after the fact. Of course, it would be much easier if a block was built into the game that records the in-game date. Which, as far as I'm concerned, could be something simple like what Chavoda mentioned.