Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Some critics

Quote Originally Posted by China View Post
    I noticed you were into paving junk piles now. Which skill is it your are trying to lvl up? Terraforming?

China
    Yes thats what paving skills up. Its pretty fast too.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Yes thats what paving skills up. Its pretty fast too.
    You could always be useful while leveling rather than destructive...

Folks need roads out there, why not trade your labor if it's about leveling... or simply undertake a project yourself... and don't tell me you level faster paving junkpiles

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    You could always be useful while leveling rather than destructive...

Folks need roads out there, why not trade your labor if it's about leveling... or simply undertake a project yourself... and don't tell me you level faster paving junkpiles
    I am doing something good.
    Also who says I wasnt paid?
    Just because you are not privy to info doesnt mean it didnt happen.
    Maybe people paid me to make roads near them?
    Maybe another tribe paid me to pave a rival factions junk pile?
    Maybe another tribe paid me to help pave junk piles due to the way that too many piles are effecting the market?
    Maybe Im cornering the market it on junk and I need to remove other piles first.

You call it destructive, I call it a well thought out business plan.

You wouldn't know a business plan if it bit you on the arse.

Denying resources to others is a valid tactic in a game featuring FFA Full Loot PvP, be it trees or whatever. Some may call it griefing but in reality it is strengthening one's own position both economically if they have resource stockpiles and tactically if you deny others the ability to build fortifications and equipment. We have already had multiple threads/complaints on this. Please lets not start this again.

In dawntide you may only skill up so far each period of time. It works great. Players have to diversify or find something else to do. They can't just spend 14 hours a day working on 1 skill to the detriment of everyone else.

I am doing something good.
    Also who says I wasnt paid?
    Just because you are not privy to info doesnt mean it didnt happen.
    Maybe people paid me to make roads near them?
    Maybe another tribe paid me to pave a rival factions junk pile?
    Maybe another tribe paid me to help pave junk piles due to the way that too many piles are effecting the market?
    Maybe Im cornering the market it on junk and I need to remove other piles first.

hahaha

point taken

I like what Rothkur said though!

Daniel , how come you have a "guest" account how does one aquire one of those

Quote Originally Posted by ocoma View Post
    Denying resources to others is a valid tactic in a game featuring FFA Full Loot PvP, be it trees or whatever. Some may call it griefing but in reality it is strengthening one's own position both economically if they have resource stockpiles and tactically if you deny others the ability to build fortifications and equipment. We have already had multiple threads/complaints on this. Please lets not start this again.
    Right now it doesn't serve any goal, its just pure annoyance and asshattery. Basic resources shouldn't be destroyable anyway imo...every player should have a chance to level up by them. Make them lacking and new players will leave since they won't find anything to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Right now it doesn't serve any goal, its just pure annoyance and asshattery. Basic resources shouldn't be destroyable anyway imo...every player should have a chance to level up by them. Make them lacking and new players will leave since they won't find anything to do.
    Everyone has access to basic resources. Its about limited the resources.
    I dont know why you think its "pure annoyance" when its limited the resources. If you have 0 trees in your area, and ocoma has 100s, well guess what? He has a resource YOU dont have, thus will promote trade. Maybe you have resources he doesnt have.

You need to look outside your little safezone box and understand how economy works. Strife and limited resources promote trade and economy. Create a need for something, and demand will go up. Limit the supply and it becomes more of a value.

Right now there is limited need, because supply is through the roof. Also demand is low, because of lacking of a many needs.