Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Hey whiny baby tribes, guess where the one place a homesteader like me can plant a totem where we're guaranteed access in and out of our land?

I'll give you a hint. It's the one place you don't want us anywhere near.

That's right, the lake. If nothing else, we can swim to and from our homestead. You can't dam it, you can't fence it, and you can't stop us.

Now go ask politely to NOT be allowed to fence in a homesteader.

I'm tired of being polite, myself.

And river, it's a pvp game. If you happen to not know how the majority of players act in a pvp game when faced with competition for scarce resources, man, I don't know what to say to you and I won't even waste my time trying.
    Oh I know exactly how they act, and thats why I think your paranoid. Obviously that pisses you off, me saying your paranoid, and I'm truely sorry you feel that way. I just think you are is all. Your answer to save yourself form being mythically walled in by a ficitious tribe that hates you and wants to to go away is to move to the very spot on the map which will inevitibly cause you to have the strife your stiving to avoid.

The lake is the exact wrong spot to be as a homesteader. If you plant there you had better expect to be harrassed on a daily basis just because your there. But hey, thats ok, you go rigth ahead and plant there man, good luck with that.

But here is a hint for you, 'scarce resource' exist in places where people force themselves to coexist in large numbers and deplete the resources that are there. Right now many believe the ONLY place to get scraps is at the large piles on the lake. And these piles WILL be the first ones to dry up. Why? Because so many people want to be where they are.

The resource issue is being created by the very people who are worried about them becoming and issue. And yes, they will become an issue, because every laker thinks they need to farm them dry and stockpile all they can as fast as they can or make and scrap crafted items over and over as quick as they can in order to maximize thier skill gains before thier neighbors can. Its a strip mining mentality and it will come back to bite each and every one of you that lives on that lake. I wish you all well in the mess you will inevitable create for yourselves.

Xsyon Citizen
    Ifire, i am a hermit, and i live in the mountians usually...

thank you very much and i aint no troll, i just hate hearing these whining posts about how people dont get their way, live within the games rules and shut up.. last post to this topic since iv read enuff of your whining, atleast if you had several supporters out there even in the "NON-TRIBE" members, but i think most of the Hermits have had quite enough of you, soon, you'll find yourself even more secluded, friendless, and very tired of this game fast, which im sure if you keep up this way no one is going to miss you... i pray its soon

I think the point is

a) You will need quite a large tribe to be able to encompass an homestead; a 15 men tribe radius is not that big; at 20 you are starting to have a sizeable tribe and radius.
    b) If you dont like your neighbors MOVE. period. Plenty of space out there; I've seen it. Hell if we found a secluded spot big enough for a tribe so can you find one for an Homestead.
    c) If not and you do get fenced in well what can I say, welcome to a sandbox pvp.

With all due respect Ifireallymust, you're just in a state of panic and rather than finding in game solutions to your problem, you are demanding the devs swoop in and save you.

Now that the TL;DR version is done (those with low attention spans please move along) let's review:

Problem:

IfIreallymust: "All I need for a spot to be viable in a crowded world that can be fenced is access to water and junk in my homestead safe zone."

There are several things wrong with this statement.
    1. What will you do when Jookie removes the safe zones?
    2. You "need" a junk pile in your safe zone? You really NEED one? Sounds to me like you aren't willing to risk anything at all and you only want reward. What will you do when Jookie removes the trash piles as he has stated numerous times? What will you do when you'll need to craft resources rather than just find them on the trash pile?
    3. Judging by your attitude in all of your posts I can see why you'd be concerned about not having any sort of diplomacy with another tribe. Perhaps you should consider befriending larger tribes. There are many benefits not the least of which are trade, and perhaps mutual defense.
    4. Do you know how long it takes to build a wall around a homestead? You are hardly trapped sir, unless you log in once every 5 days. In which case, why have a homestead?

After you ponder those, consider my own criteria for a homestead:
    1. Nearby to water (does not need to be in the safe zone.)
    2. Nearby to friendly tribes who would like to trade.
    3. Remote. Away from the lake.

Given those requirements you can find an ideal location roughly every 30-35 minutes and that is adding time to be extra picky so the location is actually nice looking to the eye.

Finally, have you ever considered that being surrounded by a tribe may be a good thing? I foresee tribes that may take homesteads under their wing within their lands and protect them in exchange for a little help with the chores. This is how it works in EVE Online, and it works very well.

Think about those things, and try working within the game, before you declare the sky is falling and seek divine intervention.

Here's a thought: "Hey, I note the walls coming up, how about you give me (insert needed tool here), and I can just pick up and go somewhere else and free up the land for you?"

Problem solved. This goes along with that Diplomacy thing Morgan is talking about. You'd be amazed at how much such a simple offer can enamor you to a large tribe.

I'm pretty worried that there will be no scrap unfenced now. Begging for scrap will become tiresome fast.
    'Please, may i scavenge on your land? No? Didnt think so." gank. rinse and repeat. Although, i think i saw a poll where decent percentage of sub's were going solo. Maybe tribes arent as big a part of pop as we think? I really wouldnt mind living in the mountains and running/sneaking for scrap if it was avaliable, but it wont be, and my 3 accounts do feel threatened. Hoping everything turns out fine. It could be that the buffer between tribes provides a big freespace to scavenge? Maybe we can get in there and pull scrap out without treading directly on tribe land? Or without being seen by their gaurds?
    These tribes might not be able to cover all the scrap because of buffer space. They will try and maximize their scrap coverage and a bunch of scrap will be left outside of their border. Add bufferzone, and we'll temporarily have access to some scrap. This will end when tribes get organized and gaurd scrap surrounding them i imagine.
    Of course there will be a binch of nice tribes who won't kos, so somehow there will be some good in this for us lowly solo dudes i'm sure.

I note things going on here a lot. Who says you need trash piles to scavenge? You can scavenge in the grass, it just takes a little longer.

note this: a LOT longer. Like, "lets go play Pong" longer.

It's the same crap from the tribe members. Hey, if you don't like it, just move!

Hey, it won't happen (in a pvp game with scarce resources, right...sure it won't...you might be fooling yourselves with that line of crap, you aren't fooling me).

But what really dismays me is the lack of solo players standing up for yourselves. Guess we're so used to walking that even a seat in the back of the bus is fine with most of you. So go on, roll over and let the big dogs have everything their way. Then regret it later.

Most of you disgust me and deserve exactly the crap gameplay you're going to get from this, unable to defend yourselves, with no recourse to any justice, because you kept your idiot mouths shut when it mattered.

Me and ifireallymust will create a fierce homestead. Oh yah, and my wife will fight beside us. Us three will lay a whoopin on all tribe leaders. We will kill all of you, yep. Be afraid and lock up yer daughters. Unless your friendly, then we will spare you i suppose, maybe. Oh yah! You will be placing your totems days before us, right, well we cant kill you lucky bastards then can we? Cuz you'll see us coming, all two of us because my wife stayed home to craft doilies, and you will cower on your huge safe land. But we will wait outside your boundary until you muster the courage to send out your horde and then me and ifireallymust will pkill you all with our foragersshears. Be afraid.