Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by trenixdecease View Post
    Not yet.
    Junk piles will not come back

Quote Originally Posted by Hyip View Post
    Junk piles will not come back
    Didn't the guide just say...

Quote Originally Posted by GuideSophia View Post
    Currently the world update feature is not turned on. So for now, trees or grass do not grow back or dirt spots on scrap piles heal.
    Doesn't that mean that they will?

Quote Originally Posted by Tybalt View Post
    This is a Great idea.
    Junk piles should never have a replenish, this would kill the setting of the game. But, if piles lowered to the ground level around them that would add realizim to the game. These Trash heaps are supposed to be the remains of ancient cities and areas of development. Ancient ruins and debris don't replenish after they are used and cleared.
    Now I could understand Junk piles forming around tribes and tribal territory. That would make sense. As tribes survive throughout the years, there would be a considerable amount of waste build up. Maybe we could get a Tribal Dump or Waste storage that we could use as a means to replenish scrap tiles. "Trash Farming" if you will, would allow tribes that have exhausted their available scrap resources to remain active in crafting without transport or trade.
    Such a feature would limit supplies which can be problematic when it comes to gameplay. Also, when taking into consideration of realism, why would junk piles form around tribe areas when we use all the resources that we get? Not only will realism counter realism, but large tribes would get so many more benefits then is necessary. Like a post I've seen before, people would be aiming for a one tribe monopoly or red vs blue as you will. Such a feature will promote that in which in return will cause balance issues.

I'm with Trenix on this one Tybalt. When it comes to resources in an MMO sometimes realism needs to be sacrficed otherwise new players find that they have nothing they can do.

I kind of don't understand the whole scavenging thing anyway though. We're in the middle of nowhere, there's not even any ruins that I have come across, yet there are everyday construction items and stuff all over the place. It doesn't make any sense to me. Wouldn't it make more sense for us to have mine ores and process them down into metals and other products then use those materials to make like nails and bolts and things like that. It's not like those techniques are new. Some of them are, espeacially with regards to increasing effieciency, but really, civilizations have been refining ores for millenia.

Have you ever been near the wake of a tornado? Debris is thrown for miles. I would have to think that IF there was a nuclear explosion. Which of course we do not know. It could throw debris in my mind a lot farther than a tornado could? That is how i look at the debris piles myself

I thought it was supposed to be a demonic apocalypse, not a nuclear one.

If you look at a Goggle map of the RL Tahoe area, towns, villages, and subdivisions are pretty much the same locations as the scrap piles. To me, the scrap piles represent the ruins of these places.

That's pretty cool. Are there any actual ruined structures though? I haven't seen any.

No ruins, the scrap piles are all that is left of those places.

The depletion of scrap piles would not have the effect you guys seem to think. It has already been announced that as the player base grows, the playable area will as well. I am sure I am not the only person that has ventured out into the "Green Beyond". There are at least twice as many scrap piles out there than we currently have access to. I see people asking for replenishing scrap piles, then I see people not wanting to see it. I personally don't care either way. Using the idea of a pile the lowers to ground level before being depleted would actually add more resources. So as to Trenix's comment about it limiting resources, that is just a very flawed logic or the lack of his reading comprehension. And as to the comment about tribes not making trash... I am not going to even bother with that. =/

My point is that adding realism to a resource that already depletes and has no natural replenishment makes no difference in over all game play.

Asking for resources that don't deplete, why not just ask for a big bin loaded with an unlimited amount of presorted materials in it. That way, we don't have to look for any resources anymore. Also with not having to worry about resources anymore, we don't need other people to gather things for us so we can just go ahead and remove the tribe thing. And while we are at it, might as well remove open pvp, there is no need to fight over territory anymore with the lack of tribes and no need for resources. And without the pvp there is really no need for walls, might as well take them out too.

But the game can't grow indefinitly. Eventually there will be hardware limitations preventing the game world from being able to get any bigger. What do you do once that point is reached? What happens once there are no more resources for crafters to use? What happens when everbodies' tools and equipment break and there is nothing left to replace them?

The thing is resources should deplete. They should also be be spread out so that you can't find everything in one area. But they should also replenish over time. Like how in Eve-Online where an asteroid belt gets strip-mined but the asteroids respawn during server down-time. In that game, the rarest resources are also in the most dangerous areas: FFA-PVP with no repurcussions besides ticking someone off and possibly getting killed in the process and where the strongest mobs spawn. These areas are also some the most highly contested areas in the game. The resources aren't finite, but also aren't abundent at any given time.