Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorchien View Post
    Pretty foolish move imo.. It immdiatley makes many of the early game weapons and tech thru crafting , completely obsolete, it doesnt fit with the lore..and have we learned nothing ,are we really so short sighted as to give the griefers a weapon that cant be looted...

bad move.........imo

True, but on the other hand it will prevent griefers from disarming every new log in, It's not like we didn't start with weapons to begin with, good idea IMHO at least at the end of the day if you get robbed you still have a weapon

Pfff, don't complain be happy you get something ! you can destroy it if you don't want it anyway.

I didnt need to be given something to be happy, I was happy enetering a game world where i had to evolve and learn (as the lore indicates) not wake up with my coulpe of meager tools to survive and ohh yea lookie here "i found uber,phat,l44t Skullcrusher of Unforgiveness.. A little surprised this dev has chosen to bork his own lore before the game even launches... This isnt Wow ... was anyone really unhappy with the way the game started .. It felt good to earn those better weapons didnt it ....

Sorry very poor decsion from this dev imo

I didnt need to be given something to be happy, I was happy enetering a game world where i had to evolve and learn (as the lore indicates) not wake up with my coulpe of meager tools to survive and ohh yea lookie here "i found uber,phat,l44t Skullcrusher of Unforgiveness.. A little surprised this dev has chosen to bork his own lore before the game even launches... This isnt Wow ... was anyone really unhappy with the way the game started .. It felt good to earn those better weapons didnt it ....

Youre making this into a bigger deal than it needs to be. Its 1 weapon, as opposed to the 2-3 you start with, and the 4 tools. And then compare that to the hundreds of others than can be made. Factor in its poor quality and condition, and it doesnt mean shit other than a tiny convenience.

Not to mention its only for pre-orders. Later players won't get those.

They still look very primitive so fit with the look of the game. They'll likely be poor quality and no good after a few days of crafting better stuff. They'll be non lootable I'd imagine. I despise wow and the direction it took, but I just don't see the connection here. Unless he gave these things perma durability and some crazy stats, I just see it as a cool looking starter weapon that we'll maybe be able to hang on the wall of a cabin someday or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehralph View Post
    Youre making this into a bigger deal than it needs to be. Its 1 weapon, as opposed to the 2-3 you start with, and the 4 tools. And then compare that to the hundreds of others than can be made. Factor in its poor quality and condition, and it doesnt mean shit other than a tiny convenience.
    actually it's not poor quality it's supreme quality and pristine condition

Quote Originally Posted by Mako_Jak View Post
    They still look very primitive so fit with the look of the game. They'll likely be poor quality and no good after a few days of crafting better stuff. They'll be non lootable I'd imagine. I despise wow and the direction it took, but I just don't see the connection here. Unless he gave these things perma durability and some crazy stats, I just see it as a cool looking starter weapon that we'll maybe be able to hang on the wall of a cabin someday or something.
    They already look quite advanced from the weapons we were crafting early on .. the rest i hope yer right ...

9. 02-18-2011, 06:37 AM

They already look quite advanced from the weapons we were crafting early on .. the rest i hope yer right ...
    I'm just guessing. And much of that is just faith in Jooky and his vision for the game. If they end up being something uber than I will be pretty shocked as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinni View Post
    actually it's not poor quality it's supreme quality and pristine condition
    Ughh that is a horrible decision that further makes Weaponcraft and Tech with it obsolete before the game launches.. This is borkin lore folks..