143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Too Small for the Current Population

70 48.95%
  • Just Right

71 49.65%
  • Too Large for the Current Population

2 1.40%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Unfortunately, at least for right now, to not settle beside a good-sized junk pile is a huge disadvantage. The time and danger involved in leaving the safe area to find junk is considerable. My green fog spot happens to have a good sized one, and it's seriously growing on me, because the neighbors aren't crowding in yet. I like the spacious, lonely feel, and for things to stay that way after the actual launch, I think there will need to be new areas opened up rather quickly.

Tribes are going to sneer at solo players and homesteaders of course, but that has nothing to do with this issue. The piles are going to shrink, and eventually they'll be gone. The more people in an area that need things made by crafters, the faster the piles in that area will shrink. Some tribes may even end up moving to new piles as theirs are depleted. A smaller tribe or solo player will stay put longer.

I think the size is perfect for the time being, I want to be able to see neighbors and interact with them.

Quote Originally Posted by zettoz View Post
    I think the size is perfect for the time being, I want to be able to see neighbors and interact with them.
    Right now a lot of people aren't logging on because of lag and the impending wipe. And we're just the preorders. There could be a big influx of players right after official release. But those players will be none too happy if they show up in a crowded world with no place for them in it.

Quote Originally Posted by tredo View Post
    This is my point exactly, it's NOT too small.... it's just we are all in only a few areas.

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ill-you-choose
    Actually that poll shows we are spead across all areas fairly evenly although i find squaw being top choice as a bit weird! not much around there when ive been before!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisjul View Post
    It takes several hours to go around the lake.

And one of the Guides said it took almost four days to travel around the radius of the green fog.

Sounds pretty big.

They just need a few random scrap piles out in the boonies.
    It only takes me 4-5 minutes to go from Round Hill (Top of 780) to the border of 739/740. That means it would take about an hour to walk around the edge of the lake.

Been walking around for a few hours today, exploring the untamed wilds. Did not see a single animal, but did see a lot of people. It's not too crowded now, I think it's nice and busy at the moment. But if a lot of people join in 2 weeks, it could easily become crowded...

Well like any peoples that discover new lands, you work from the edge and work inward. I'd say that most big encampments are pretty close to starting zones. Urban sprawl will happen. I did see a good size junk pile pretty far west of a certain spawn point. Way out in the boonies. Needless to say, a tribe has found it and made it their home.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooflung View Post
    ... I did see a good size junk pile pretty far west of a certain spawn point. Way out in the boonies. Needless to say, a tribe has found it and made it their home.
    I dare to say that every junk pile is taken by now.

Since pre-launch I did nothing than scouting for a spot to settle with a small tribe and I played pretty long hours on both days. I didn't see a single scrap heap without totems or other signs of player buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
    I dare to say that every junk pile is taken by now.

Since pre-launch I did nothing than scouting for a spot to settle with a small tribe and I played pretty long hours on both days. I didn't see a single scrap heap without totems or other signs of player buildings.
    A lot of those were built after yesterday's announcement, so they won't be there after this next wipe. And if those of us who did find spots aren't very lucky, ours might not be there, either. Depends on what the devs say can be saved, they're still working on it, as far as I know.

So save your coords and be ready with your track shoes on come Launch Day II!