Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I agree, love the boats idea.

If its about a matter of time, and choosing which to put in first.

Carts (slow for carrying heavy stuff)
    Wagons (semi slow to carry people and stuff with animals)
    Boats (barge types, slow carries a lot)
    Mounts (fast, or pack mules)
    Fast small boats.

In that order of need. I would also like to see ranged weapons working in game before we see fast mounts and fast boats.

IMO
    1. Carts (slow for carrying heavy stuff)
    2. Rafts (slow, carry relatively large amount, behaves like a platform on which items/bins may be placed)
    <insert ranged weapons>
    3. Fast small boats.
    4. Mounts (fast, or pack mules) <<<requires animal taming
    5. Wagons (semi slow to carry people and stuff with animals) <<<requires animal taming
    6. Large Boats (barge types, slow carries a lot)

I want a zeppelin.

Okay, okay, couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
    I want a zeppelin.

Okay, okay, couldn't resist.
    and hot air balloons and a hang glider? maybe after the world gets converted to 3D, after we can swim underwater and tunnel.

Lots of waterfalls out there for boats.

I can see the idea having to travel across the lake, but would still rather see mounts and pack mules come in first.

Prefer those modes of travel from a playing perspective (rather than purely utilitarian) and also think they really will one day open up some expansion zones at which point lake becomes closer to moot.

I know, I know, you disagree... don't mean I ain't gonna say it so it's at least been said .

Ixnay on the boats, yay for horses.

When they eventually do have canoes though, would be cool to paddle with each mouse button. Same mechanic could be implemented with horses and pulling reins (doesn't have to mean split rein though, could apply to western style as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    uh have you seen a mule deer?
    a large muley is 250 pounds. you're not going to ride it...unless you're like 50 pounds.

now you could ride an elk or a moose...

you're not going to ride a bear...their body just isn't shaped right. You might use one as a pack animal (just like you might a deer...as llamas are used in that manner as well) but riding one? not gonna happen.
    and black bears are fairly docile...grizzlies and the like...completely different story there.
    Nope, never seen a mule deer in the real world as I've never been in that part of America.. yet.
    Yeah the Mule Deer might be a bit far stretched, but given that this is RPG I think we can bend the rules.. Just a bit (We can always say that Mule Deers have grown in size !). Other wise no, in the real world a Mule Deer would prolly succumb to the weight of an adult person just as an icelandic pony would (those are the miniature horse, right or is it just the one that runs funneh?).
    We could ride a trophy-sized Mule Deer Buck (they weight around 500 pounds, equal to a horse bred for riding.)

If I can sit on an elephant with left leg down its left side and my right leg down its right side I can sure as hell sit on a bear too - no offense meant. (It hurts like crap and you have no feeling left in your legs, but trust me it is possible to ride an elephant without a saddle, I did it in San Diego Zoo as my little sister really... REALLY wanted to try it, they have some cool elephants there .)

What happens next is just a matter of domesticating the animal. If bears had provided other things than just meat (and people hadn't been afraid of the poor thingies) they would have been domisticated too. I'm sure of it.
    We like to domisticate animals that can provide us several things at once. (Common ones) Horses - Work animal and meat, Ox - Work animal and meat, Chicken - Eggs + meat, Cows - Milk + Meat + Leather, Pigs (as one of the few) - just meat but they'll eat almost anything so, so to speak, your cleaning lady/guy, dogs - pets, hunting animals and somewhat protection/alert system. Cats just found it +1 to hang around xD I'm joking with the cat and I'm sure they all have more benefits than what I can remember without looking up in wiki.

Technically a bear in-game would provide us with, 'horse power/BEAR power' making it possible to move greater loads. It would be able to provide us with meat, be a nice pet against intruders and we could in theory ride it (Hell if I can stretch my legs across the back of an elephant which is wider than a bear, I sure as hell can stretch my legs across the back of a bear. I even think it would be more comfortable sitting on a bear. If you catch my drift).

I'd still prefer to see:
    Mounts
    Carts
    Wagons

I'm not into what would ruin PvP. I'm into what they need to code less of and therefore make less new problems and that is mounts (I think, I'm not entirely sure, but they win 'cos I like mounts). Either way, introducing completely new coding only brings along more problems than before it was introduced.

Nay on boats for my part. They are only beneficial to certain people and wouldn't benefit the entire population. Once they actually have a good way or multiple ways on how to transport goods on land, can we begin with the more specific stuff.

I'm a bit late but in response to below

Quote Originally Posted by dezgard View Post
    Hello Xsyonians!

I would like some feedback on this subject "carts/mounts transport" give as much details as you can.

Carts what should they do?
    How should they do it?
    Do you ride in it?
    Is it faster or slower?
    Do they carry more items?
    Do they carry more items and move faster?
    Is it a wheel barrow (people powered) or horse (animal powered)?
    Should it be faster or slower thank running or walking?
    What happens when you die does it stay behind or or do you lose it?
    And what type of transport would you expect to see?
    So basically what you think carts/mounts transport should be.

Please be as detailed as possible.

Thanks.

Carts Should be something, of various sizes, that carries a lot of objects at the same speed a person moves, Unless it is being pulled by an animal. It carries more than what a person could carry, can still become encumbered though depending on cart size. Different cart sizes should require a minimum level for strength, add a fun level of realism to it. Different carts(which wouldn't be carts then) consist of: wheel barrows, wagons, shopping carts, push carts, animal-drawn wagons and carts; all of which consist of different versions.

Animal drawn carts should of course be faster than walking and hold twice as much, Its the advantage of using animals as opposed to pulling your own cart. carts should be able to be stolen, along with their animals if attached to one, if the owner leaves them unattended or if they are killed.

It would be pretty fun and useful if people could be carried in any of the carts. imagine having jousting tournaments in shopping carts.

Another Very interesting concept would be to allow the carts to be customized/improved, both aesthetically and in usefulness. An example would be putting better wheels on a shopping cart or adding armor to the sides of it to protect people and goods in it.

I'd like to see horses first thing AFTER ballistics too. At first, just one type, but later different types...draft horses for heavier pulling, arabian types for less pulling but swifter, more agile. Leathercrafters could make harnesses and saddles of varying types, which would require metal parts and leather of course

.Minimum requirement would be bridal..and can ride bareback....less comfort for rider though.
    .Adding a saddle would be better for rider...more comfort...
    .Adding saddlebags can give more carry capacity, would be like adding a pair of the smaller baskets.
    .Would be good for using sabers/swords/long bladed weapons while attacking. (loved how darkfall did it)

later harnesses can be made to hook up horses to large trailers... for carrying logs and other resources...or just carry people, like a buckboard with many seats. Other types of wagons can be added later as well....chariots.....surreys....

just my 2 cents

1) Why do you want carts/mounts?
    I'm lost here to be honest with you, Carts/Mounts? Really, We don't have taming ingame nor has anyone found a wheel, Much less learned to make one.
    I think unless we are going to throw all Jookys plans out the window and add what ever we wish. At best we can only have sled's for now. One man powered old timey wooden hauling sleds.

2) What purpose do you need them for?
    Double or quadruple the amount of items and/or weight you can carry

3) For hauling large loads or faster travel or both
    For hauling large loads, If anything it should slow you down some for now

4) Be realistic about what you request i.e something that can be done in 1-2 weeks.
    One item, One recipe, Three actions for sled, open, use, drop[allowing items like long logs, grass, and other's to be added on/in sled])

5) If you had to choose from both carts and mounts what would you choose? hauling carts or fast mounts (note mounts would hold little in the way of resources)
    NA

Xsyon Citizen

I like the carts on the test server.

Comment: Move the rotation point between the 2 wheels, and during rotation playback the sidemove animation on the char. if you adjust the rotation speed it should look nicely.