Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Also, another work-in-progress map of a different type:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...a7953&t=h&z=10

Lucas aka Flux

I dunno about everyone else, but this is one of the single-most helpful posts on this entire forum. A huge, resounding thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanther View Post
    I dunno about everyone else, but this is one of the single-most helpful posts on this entire forum. A huge, resounding thank you.
    Thank you, it's nice to hear! Glad I was able to help you out!

Heres a quick map i put together using a satellite photo cause i was curious how well the first two maps would fit together with the real deal. Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Noclip View Post
    Heres a quick map i put together using a satellite photo cause i was curious how well the first two maps would fit together with the real deal. Enjoy

PIC]
    Your zones arent right... whats the point if your zones arent right?

I layered Vier's map over a satellite photo i found and they matched up almost perfectly and i traced over the boundary lines onto the new map. i know i'm missing a 2-3 areas to the south and east but that was the best i could find.

Quote Originally Posted by Noclip View Post
    I layered Vier's map over a satellite photo i found and they matched up almost perfectly and i traced over the boundary lines onto the new map. i know i'm missing a 2-3 areas to the south and east but that was the best i could find.
    Then Viers map is wrong too. The zones are quadrants... square... in order...

There is a difference in the zones and city / territories. The numbered zones are in squares and numbered this is true, however, the city / territory names are not in squares but more of a unique outline depicted by either districts or terrain just like in RL. So NoClip's map is probably accurate as can be to the original, but still the original is no longer accurate as the Tahoe basin that we play on in game is no longer accurate to RL area of Tahoe. There has been two major additions to land mass in the lake in the northern area. These 2 new additions add roughly 3sq Km total between the 2. Thats right almost 3 full grid squares of additional land that was not there in the original design of the game playing field. This would include the Founders Island and an area to the west of Founders Island, which I have started calling Apache Point. So even though the original was good for a time, and my original map shows all the starting points it too is inaccurate due to the new additions of these northern land masses I am working closely with a member of the community to get an updated map posted as soon as possible.

I hear people talking in IRC chat saying they looked up on (google earth?????, map quest?????) what their junk pile used to be.

How do you get GPS coords out of game and how do you find your location on a real map?

I would love to see what my local junk pile used to be

Quote Originally Posted by Tehralph View Post
    Then Viers map is wrong too. The zones are quadrants... square... in order...
    lol.

I like how pushy you are even though you are wrong and looking more and more ridiculous.