Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: We need Sand !

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    If this isn't a troll, all I can say is, that's some quality scouting right there. And as other people already mentioned, out toward the green mist you can sometimes find it, too.

And I moved from my last location where there was sand right under my homestead area, so you guys crying for sand can just load up and truck me out some sand in your packs. I only moved because I wanted fewer neighbors and I wanted my neighbors to be friendly, not a tribe eyeing my location and hoping I'd drop off the face of the earth soon so they could expand into it.

Bring me some chalk while you're at it.
    Not trolling - there was a spot we really really liked in the mountains during beta that we scouted in great details (as in up and down the two nearby streams) looking for sand - it was killing us cause there were no junk piles anywhere and no sand could be found. After the junk revamp we packed up everything and trekked back over there (four zones away, 12 hour rollback included, taking a chance that at least junk might now be somewhat nearby). Voila - not only near - right under where we had originally planned to put our totem and 4 other junk piles within easy reach. So I was out fishing and looked across the stream and what do I see sand - not just a single spot but for a whole stretch. Re-scouted both streams and there is a lot of sand now in our area.

Quote Originally Posted by Delvie View Post
    Not trolling - there was a spot we really really liked in the mountains during beta that we scouted in great details (as in up and down the two nearby streams) looking for sand - it was killing us cause there were no junk piles anywhere and no sand could be found. After the junk revamp we packed up everything and trekked back over there (four zones away, 12 hour rollback included, taking a chance that at least junk might now be somewhat nearby). Voila - not only near - right under where we had originally planned to put our totem and 4 other junk piles within easy reach. So I was out fishing and looked across the stream and what do I see sand - not just a single spot but for a whole stretch. Re-scouted both streams and there is a lot of sand now in our area.
    so now I'm waiting for trees update to our area.

They added TOO much junk to the piles. Now instead of 4 attempts, you can get 8 resource units from each patch. That is at least 2 too many.

Next thing that devs should actually add is some type of decent code to handle whatever is causing lags.

Quote Originally Posted by Delvie View Post
    Nice. And guess what I found this morning not far from where I moved to? Not sure if it was there before, but there's some sand in the nearby river now!

Trees are all around me, I settled in the mountains. But sand is sure nice to live near when it's possible.

Pandemic is giving out one sand of shovel for every dead hopi member screen pic

Quote Originally Posted by STAR_GOD View Post
    Pandemic is giving out one sand of shovel for every dead hopi member screen pic
    Aw you should have said that last night when bears and lag teamed up to kill us in our camp Could have made so many pics for sand

Quote Originally Posted by Haplodocus View Post
    U did a good job with junk pile ...
    Now we need Sand !
    If u leave the middle map u wont get any sands .
    I though u could get some near river but after 3 hours walking, nothing.
    I wont complain if u do nothing
    I agree with this, ive looked all along the rivers in mine, and my surrounding zones, and have not seen any sand. Huge disavantage not having it, since you need it for mortar/buildings........

Sand should be by water.....peroid......Fix plz

Gods no do not add more sand please. They already caved in on junk not once but twice now, first by doubling the amount of resources per square before its depleted and then again by straight up adding more junk piles. For frags sake, something has to be atleast slightly rare or nothing has any value, everyone becomes entirely self substaining and trade/raiding become meaningless.

there is enough sand in the game now.. after all just go look for it.. its out there.. and if your worried about being attacked while gathering sand ..Don't Do it Alone..
    If your clearly going on a sand trip if someone kills you for stuff all they will get is sand .. which is heavy and not worth looting if your a PKer..

apparently if we complain enough they add things to the game!

Remove the extra junk (or at the very least some of it) or add sand to the mountains.