Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    why should there actually be more risk for a pve crafter? There is little risk because there really is little risk. If you're going around in the wilds looking for fights there is more risk, obviously.

Why should an artificial risk to quietly staying at home be created?

Join the army = increased risk.
    Get involved in street fights = increased risk
    Stay at home and make baskets = low risk

its the way it should be!

and this part of the OP is most relevant - risk placed with the person who CHOOSES to defend crafters.

Quote Originally Posted by Yokilla View Post
    I looked it up. I was partially mistaken. Here is a direct quote from a post dated 2/21/2011
    you quoted virtus not xyson the next day when he clarified what virtus meant

Quote Originally Posted by MrKrueak View Post
    i played eve for almost 7 years and very rarly visited 0.0 spaces as i didn't like the blob warfare but i was in low sec to high most often and i can guarantee you atleast on a individual basis your statement isn't true as i could go toe to toe with anyone given a fair fight sometimes unfair depending on opponents skill level. even a 1 year player could compete against a 7 year vet if skilled correctly since only so many sp were used for a specific ship type.

I've said it before EVE online is the only sandbox full loot mmo that has done it right and have not failed infact they just keep expanding feature wise and subcription wise.
    you stated exaclty the issue at hand. In seven years of time you rarely visited the dangerous areas. people are not going to visit dangerous areas if given the choice not to.

I'd like to give crafters a reward for killing those that see them as easy prey.

I'm thinking the ability to put their wannabe assailants in crafted stocks for a time period, so their tribe and passersby can laugh and throw rotten eggs at them for being beaten. It could be based on the difference in a combat skill, so losing to a crafter type has a penalty for the self proclaimed baddies.

Quote Originally Posted by bruisie159 View Post
    why should there actually be more risk for a pve crafter? There is little risk because there really is little risk. If you're going around in the wilds looking for fights there is more risk, obviously.

Why should an artificial risk to quietly staying at home be created?

Join the army = increased risk.
    Get involved in street fights = increased risk
    Stay at home and make baskets = low risk

its the way it should be!

and this part of the OP is most relevant - risk placed with the person who CHOOSES to defend crafters.
    Yes but you have no need and no purpose without the combat characters. no need for defenses in a safe zone, and your nothing special or unique, or even needed as the 15th crafter in your 15 man tribe, especially since everyone can craft everything. You dont need armor either if you spend your time within a 10 second sprint of your safezone either.

it all completely nullifies a large part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    you stated exaclty the issue at hand. In seven years of time you rarely visited the dangerous areas. people are not going to visit dangerous areas if given the choice not to.
    If YOU will visit the dangerous areas, you can expect MANY other people will. Not everyone, but many. Not necessarily most, but many. I definitely would in time.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    abandon the totem, logoff for cooldown, return and place totem in new spot, repeat. how dangerous does that sound....mobil safezones.....
    Why do you care? Ignore those VERY FEW folks who would do something similar to that, and go find other people you can gank. Thats the beauty of a sandbox type game, you have a choice!

You make it sound like the whole server is going to do something like this. Which is not the case.

Let the Devs finish the game. Let it play out for a bit. Then come back with your suggestions on how you can more easily gank other players w/ no risk to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKrueak View Post
    i believe that statement was clarified to be only for the prelude as the last statement i read was that he was thinking of allowing tribes to not have a safe zone early with the full intent of all safe zones being gone once prelude is over unless he stated differently more recent.
    My bad, it wasn't Xsyon. From 2/21/2011:
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    Hey guys, sorry for not clearing this up earlier. I only just saw it a little while ago and had to confirm what I thought was going to happen.

Here is the plan:

At first all tribal areas will be safe then, at some point down the road, tribal safe zones will be optional.

If your tribe wishes to play more realistically with the chance of being attacked at any point you may do so. However, if you wish to be more of a crafting tribe and not have to look over your shoulder all the time you may keep the safe zone on.

Hope this clears things up.

I guess at the heart of this issue is a sandbox where the game rules, not the player rules, are dictating the paths that players will choose. This is why we see so few combat characters and everyone is a friendly crafter. Not exactly a dangerous post apocalypic world with tribal warfare over resources now is it....

Sounds like Hello Kitty they way they describe it.