Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tommybomb View Post
    If you have a homesteader in your spot, surround his homestead with those of your own tribe so that they have to travel through enemy safezones when they leave their own and kill them when they do so. They'll pull up stakes in no time.

Wouldn't work on me, I'd sit afk and watch T.V just to drive you insane.

Then again ... I'm in a tribe. /shrug

If you have a homesteader in your spot, surround his homestead with those of your own tribe so that they have to travel through enemy safezones when they leave their own and kill them when they do so. They'll pull up stakes in no time.
    Its amazing how some of us would just spend an extra 40 dollars just in spite and never log back in (or if decay is in minimum as needed) to the homestead you surrounded.

I doubt many tribes take this approach to removing a homestead, its simply counter productive ... by the time you actually convinced or ran the homesteader off, the land around would also be occupied with Homesteads.

I just plan on placing in a bad area ...... then whining until Jordi makes it good.

( I'm kidding, I'm actually going to place in 904 because it has loads of empty space and i'm sure I can plant a homestead before tribe totems are coordinated. )

It's essentially what will happen to any homesteader who selects a piece of land a tribe would like to have.
    The tribes doing the camping have poor foresight then, its a waste of time and ultimately will hurt you worse than having a few backup locations in mind.

That's yet to be proven. 10 people can keep tabs on a single player in their safezone while gathering/crafting with little to no effort.
    I think you're not thinking about the other homesteaders that will follow and pretty much place where they can in good areas.
    Waste your time camping someone and you'll end up camping a few of them ... whilst the gap gets larger and larger between tribes who thought ahead.
    If it doesn't work out that way, you're still wasting time .... and if someone was camping me to move a spot I would just terraform everything my radius touched and then move.

/shrug -- Might and Muscle won't go near as far as foresight and honey.

No they won't go farther either....

The entire tribe doesn't have to camp them. Those "speced" only for combat wouldn't still be complaining about "there's nothing for us to do..." all the time.

But it's bad planning for ANY tribe to have picked out only 1 spot. Getting shafted isn't against the rules. If your tribe has been here for a year you should know a lot of spots. You might even be able to negotiate an early mist expansion. I know when DF came out our original location was taken, but we still found another.

Use this time in beta to come up with a plan to protect your tribe area. You can do this in a lot of ways. Focus on preventing your land from being grabbed, not on reclaiming it after it has been. The first step to doing this might actually be for the members to get there first (everyone's name is known) to fend off land grabbers and then placing the totem.

Quote Originally Posted by jokhul View Post
    What I'd like to know is what happens to a Homestead totem once the owner stops playing ?

Is there an inactivity timer ? Or does that totem block everyone for the next 6 months ?

As with all MMO's, there's usually a drop-off in population after the free playtime is over. How will the game rules deal with the inevitable abandoned Homesteads and even tribe totems ?
    Well, in the old UO days, you had to log in to keep your house from falling down. It was a pain, but it worked. Then they changed it to as long as you had an account open and you were paying your monthly sub fee your house wouldnt deteriorate.

Maybe a daily or every few days to log in to keep your totem from deteriorating would work.

Quote Originally Posted by outfctrl View Post
    Well, in the old UO days, you had to log in to keep your house from falling down. It was a pain, but it worked. Then they changed it to as long as you had an account open and you were paying your monthly sub fee your house wouldnt deteriorate.

Maybe a daily or every few days to log in to keep your totem from deteriorating would work.
    Thats actually not a bad idea not only to help out with the problem in this thread but just for overall keeping the game a bit cleaner. If someone stops playing, theres no point in leaving their land claim forever preventing anyone else from claiming that land. Though i think a day or so is a bit too fast, after all some (hopefully most) of us have live soutsid eof Xsyon and cant manage to be on every single day. Maybe a week or 2 would be pretty good. if someone doesnt login for a full week or 2, theyre likely not coming back so it would make sense to just get rid of the totems. If they ever do eventually come back to the game, theyll just have to setup a new homestead. In the case of someone simply being away and unable to login for awhile due to an emergency or vacation or whatever, perhaps they could just contact the staff and they could keep their totems active until their return.

Quote Originally Posted by kaisergod View Post
    Thats actually not a bad idea not only to help out with the problem in this thread but just for overall keeping the game a bit cleaner. If someone stops playing, theres no point in leaving their land claim forever preventing anyone else from claiming that land. Though i think a day or so is a bit too fast, after all some (hopefully most) of us have live soutsid eof Xsyon and cant manage to be on every single day. Maybe a week or 2 would be pretty good. if someone doesnt login for a full week or 2, theyre likely not coming back so it would make sense to just get rid of the totems. If they ever do eventually come back to the game, theyll just have to setup a new homestead. In the case of someone simply being away and unable to login for awhile due to an emergency or vacation or whatever, perhaps they could just contact the staff and they could keep their totems active until their return.
    On that note, What happens if a leader quits xsyon? Is power handed to the next higher up? What happens if there are multiple higher ups at the same level of power, who gets it then?

Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post
    On that note, What happens if a leader quits xsyon? Is power handed to the next higher up? What happens if there are multiple higher ups at the same level of power, who gets it then?
    Going by the Official Post-Apocalyptic Bible that is Sir Kevin Costner's The Postman, a fight to the death should solve this particular problem.