Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yes, Skill caps, skill/stat/hp decay are the real solutions to the issue.

However, with decay you would not be what you are today. At least it is not supposed to be possible.

If after they turn on skill/stat/hp decay and make the skill pools works correctly you still can have high enough HP to take little to no damage from even high level players, many will feel that the system is either broken or being abused some how.

Either way, all this will lead to lots of pissed off player and I feel sure they will move on to other games.

In a game like othello, its experience and knowledge that allows a player to win against another.

Here, atm it is more about HP than anything else. Contests where a single player always wins the rewards, even against 10 other contestants simply because that player has vastly higher HP than any other contestant, does not prove that players skill or ability... its moot he is going to win.

Truly, what is the point of participating in such a "contest" when the outcome is a given?

Its game mechanics that are to blame here. If you want to try and have the highest HP in game that should be strictly up to a player to reach it. Yes you have worked hard for this. And yes others could have devoted them selves to the same man hours you have... in theory.

In practice that's not realistic. Most of us don't sit at our computers playing games for a living like you do. Not your fault, but also should not give you an advantage IF others cannot spend the same amount of time. It's about balancing.

Balance is very important in almost any game played. You don't pit a grand master against a new player in chess do you? The reason is obvious. It is unfair. Unfair to both actually... no challenge to the grand master and a waste of time to the new player as they really wont learn anything from the experience.

The same thing applies here. With no caps, no decay there is NO chance a new player can stand against a player like you. And it surely should not be a stroke to your ego to defeat a player not equal to you, unless you are a bully at heart.

I would think that you would want a challenge not the easy button.

You are going off topic of the tread.

Its about wiping not about HP or skilling system. However I think we both agree wiping isnt the answer here.

Not really. Didn't you also mention decay, skill/stat pools being a part of your reason its a bad idea?

A wipe back to base stats and skill levels play into hp and ability to succeed.

Yes I agree that a wipe is a bad idea, for the reasons I stated.

If I was not given a chance to re-distribute the points gained so far from playing I would simply move on to something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    Not really. Didn't you also mention decay, skill/stat pools being a part of your reason its a bad idea?

A wipe back to base stats and skill levels play into hp and ability to succeed.

Yes I agree that a wipe is a bad idea, for the reasons I stated.

If I was not given a chance to re-distribute the points gained so far from playing I would simply move on to something else.
    My point is we both agree wipe isnt the option to use to fix the problems. End.

The other topics you are talking about you already have other threads for it, plus there are even other threads talking about that long ago. I would rather have the same topic talked about in 1 thread instead of 3 or 4.

Why are you still talking about this people?...IT WONT HAPPEN!!!!!! Nuff said.!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    You are going off topic of the tread.

Its about wiping not about HP or skilling system. However I think we both agree wiping isnt the answer here.
    I think all of you missed his point, I think he's talking about a wipe every year (every 12 months) ?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowLegion View Post
    I think all of you missed his point, I think he's talking about a wipe every year (every 12 months) ?
    I answered that pretty clearly here.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I wouldnt mind a wipe IF they fixed all the issues, this topic has already been posted before they said they were not going wipe.

Vadio if you are talking about a new start. Why not have a second server option? Or even when new lands open up its almost like a fresh start.

Ive seen ATITD do this, however that's a totally different game. There is no combat at all in that game. The game is made to be wiped after so long. This game is made to progress. Later they plan on even having guns in the game, as new tech comes out.

It doesnt take near 40 hours to level to 50 in most skills in this game. NONE of the crafts take that long.

WIPE....NO!..if this "ABT" is leaving XSYON!

I would give this thread an absolute no. Wiping at this point would only to be cleaning data ad down time to rid the lands of vacant grass, twigs, logs and baskets that are idle and taking up memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Whorlok View Post
    WIPE....NO!..if this "ABT" is leaving XSYON!
    I would not worry. It was already said in global chat, by a dev, some time back that a wipe would not happen. I remember this very clearly, and was not the only one who read it.

Enjoy the game, and if something you read on the forums sounds nuts, that's probably a good sign we don't need to worry about it.