Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    You keep making stuff up to try and support you claims.

I am not staying stats are easier, never have. I experience the very same things you or any player does. Stats are HARD to level.

Nor am I saying that they should be easy.

The ONLY difference between you and other players is the insane gap in HP you have gotten due to your craft/combat/gathering skills.

This is something we won't agree on.

I personally am all for skill as a player being the sole reason one player can beat another. I don't want any advantages just given to the players.

I would prefer that all players decay back to a reasonable max level of hp or maybe even what HODO suggested, then have damage mitigation and comfort levels determine what damage a player can get.

Now instead of the sillyness we see in game today, success will depend on long term desire and skill.

You probably believe that is exactly what your current stat is based off of... but it's not. Yes you put in the hours, but the game gave you an overly inflated advantage you that is not based off anything but amount of time spent doing anything.

The reason this is bad is because it is a game.. and very few players can devote the time you can. Simply giving you massive HP because you sit at your computer literally all day long ( yes we have checked and kept track ) has over balanced this game towards the hardcore player.. and against the casual .. and most players are casual.

I really don't care if you agree here or not. I am more speaking to Jordi and the dev team and any new players wanting to join the game.

NOTICE: Until HP is set to decay like Jordi says it will... don't bother competing any any events. It is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by From Q&A
    Regarding character advancement.
    - As it has been reported that char hps increases with levels, the char with the most skills trained, will be the highest level and will have the most hps, question: Once skill degradation is implemented, will it be possible to lose levels/hps as you lose skill levels?
    You will not lose levels as that is simply a hidden stat to track overall skill gain through xp and has no other effect. There are no plans to have players lose hp, but these will be adjusted by stats and combat skills.

Did I miss the post where Xsyon said it would decay? Can you please link it?

I think there is more of a differnce from me and other players either way, but thats besides here or there.

How does your way make success depend on longterm desire and skill? Your way says new players can be successful right out of the gate all they have to get is hands on a good set of armor which isnt all that hard with this economy.

Your next comment about "inflated advantage" is going to be worse when you start making things based on stats. Because stats take LONGER to get than skills, so players like me who spend 1000s of hours in game will have more of an advantage. So new players who have low stats, will have low HP unless they spend equal amount of play time as someone else. Plus the vets will never want to stop or slow down stat gain. So if someone has a year playing advantage on you, they will keep it forever. As so far no cap to stats that Ive seen. More play time equals more stats.

Its impossible for you to check to see when Ive been at my computer or not. Plus it makes no difference what I can or cant do, you are clearly here making more personal attacks. Which makes no sense because I want to change it so its LESS in my favor. Any system will still favor players who play a lot, unless you remove all skills and stat gains and armor etc.

It makes me laugh that you make a post here to talk to Xsyon or the devs instead of using the normal tools and posting it as a suggestion. These are threads for topics of discussions.

Mind showing me where that post is that Xsyon posted about the decay? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Did I miss the post where Xsyon said it would decay? Can you please link it?

Mind showing me where that post is that Xsyon posted about the decay? Thanks.
    Here it is, last week Q/A:

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...-week/page4#39

Mactavendish Asks:

1. Will HP decay along with skills/stats?
    It is assumed it will work this way, but can you confirm?
    Yes, as stated above.

As Jadzia points out, Jordi has said that hp will also decay.

So, I think we will all just wait till things settle down and stop paying any attention to the more hardcore players currently in game and as things decay, we will see who complains and who move forward.

I don't hold anyone in contempt, just don't want to argue any longer when the plan is for what I would like to see.

i just want peace and fun and balance damnit!, but i think i got a better chance of winning the lottery then gettin that to happen :-(

As Jadzia points out, Jordi has said that hp will also decay.

So, I think we will all just wait till things settle down and stop paying any attention to the more hardcore players currently in game and as things decay, we will see who complains and who move forward.

I don't hold anyone in contempt, just don't want to argue any longer when the plan is for what I would like to see.

I dont mind HP decay. But you want no HP to level up with any skill at all. Not sure if "HP decay" equals No HP with any skill.

Thanks, Jadiza I didnt read them for that day yet. I was going off older ones.

You really need to learn to read better and not keep assuming you are right.

I said that HP should level up to a max cap of say 100.

In game you totally agreed with this idea.. so I see that you are merely arguing to argue, and I would say that your intent is to inflame...

I believe that it considered against the forum rules and I would like to see this thread locked.

You really need to learn to read better and not keep assuming you are right.

I said that HP should level up to a max cap of say 100.

In game you totally agreed with this idea.. so I see that you are merely arguing to argue, and I would say that your intent is to inflame...

I believe that it considered against the forum rules and I would like to see this thread locked.

I never said I agree with a HP cap of 100, I believe it should be 2x to 4x. 100 fits to the bottom end yes. However, I think it should be more based off combat instead of every skill in the game. There are many aspects to HP other than the final amount. You are missing the rest of the debate.

I also surely dont agree with your statements of everyone should have even HP.
    I'm glad to see you change your mind there to at least 100HP.

I'm not breaking any rule here, you are trying to say I am which I'm not.

I would also like to see HP have other effects from things like stats. Fort doesnt have much effect on HP, it should be a lot more effective for your HP than SPI is. Right now SPI has the biggest effect on HP.

well only 1 stat should effect hps, fortitude, if ya truly want a combat skill to effect it, then i think Armed combat would be ideal, but only 1 combat skills should effect hps, not all ofem . Doesnt make sence to use more then 1 skill n stat for hps.

Then basically we are at an Impasse.

In game you agreed on being "ok" with a max cap, but now you don't. That's fine as anyone can change their minds.

It really doesn't matter if we agree here.

I am sure that neither of us will get exactly what we want, but if if closes the gap and brings balance, whatever it is they actually do, Then I will be fine with it.

All I do know is that the latest thing Jordi has said is that HP will decay with the rest. Even that has the potential to solve the issue in my mind.

Then basically we are at an Impasse.

In game you agreed on being "ok" with a max cap, but now you don't. That's fine as anyone can change their minds.

It really doesn't matter if we agree here.

I am sure that neither of us will get exactly what we want, but if if closes the gap and brings balance, whatever it is they actually do, Then I will be fine with it.

All I do know is that the latest thing Jordi has said is that HP will decay with the rest. Even that has the potential to solve the issue in my mind.

Currently there IS a max cap on HP. So I dont know what you are talking about.

Second, IF its changed to stats effecting total HP, then there will be no cap. Understand?

I agree the key is closing the gap. However, I do want to see people rewarded for playing. Not counterstrike style you start with everything in the game and work for nothing to make it "even" or "all player skill".

Fatboy why only 1 skill effect HP? Whats the reasoning behind that? Reason why I dont like 1 skill effecting it, is what about someone going unarmed? Or maybe caster types later? Or ranged? You see the point?
    It limits people to be forced to have armed combat up.

Once skill pools are in place, not everyone will be able to bring up every skill in the game (not even all the combat ones).