Page 34 of 57 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    September 11 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

A small patch was made this morning. If you have been in game for a while, you will need to log out to get the latest client update. Today's update deals with a few issues:

- Combat ranges have been adjusted. These are still being balanced, but before this patch we had an extended range that was intended to compensate for desynch issues. As desynch issues have been largely solved we are now setting ranges how they should be.

- Combat crosshairs have been removed to avoid confusion in combat. Crosshairs will be used in the future for ranged combat but current combat uses the direction and angle of your swing to calculate hits and damage, not the aiming of crosshairs.

- Missing sounds that were causing crashes have been patched out.

- Client crashes caused by changing terrain or grass settings while in game have been fixed.

Enjoy!

September 14 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

I've answers the Questions of the Week for those interested.

We are currently working on some database optimizations, which are almost done. These will be patched out immediately once they've been tested and then we will continue with balance, improvements and new features. I have a lot of feedback to read through tonight, so this is a just a quick update. I will update the In Development section by the end of the week to reflect our plans through October.

Enjoy!

September 26 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

I am getting back in action. I'm not fully recovered but I'm at least functional. I've answered a round of questions and am catching up with the team.

Our priorities right now are:

1) Update the test server so the public can test our current combat changes.

2) Patch our current changes to the public. They include important changes to how terrain data is saved. This is not a visible change for players but important for future systems such as agriculture.

3) Get carts and other works in progress patched out. These are close to being finished.

4) Catch up with everything else including revising our plans in development.

That's all for now!

September 28 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

A quick update tonight. I've answered the latest round of Questions from players for those interested. The files needed to check our current combat revisions have been patched out except for the test exe. I am waiting on the other programmers and we will make the current build available for public testing tonight as I'm on a reverse schedule at the moment.

I'll post when we're ready!

September 29 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The Test Server is now publicly available. Our focus is testing the current PvP combat system. A full explanation is here:

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...9427#post89427

Enjoy!

October 1 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The Test Server is up with some more combat tweaks. The list of changes is here:

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/7546-Feedback-Request-Test-Server-Combat-9-29-11?p=89482&viewfull=1#post89482

We will continue tweaking combat and fixing a few bugs this weekend. Monday morning PST we will patch the current build to the Main Server. This week we will continue to adjust combat but will shift our focus to finish up other tasks, including carts and improvements to the quest system.

I look forward to your feedback!

October 3 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The server and client have been updated with a patch. This patch focuses on the combat changes that we've been testing on the Test Server, but also is a major update to our database system in preparation for carts and improvements to trees and surface changing (for example when trees are planted or spawn in Spring).

Combat changes are outlined in this thread:
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...Combat-9-29-11

We will continue with combat and creature improvements but will now also focus on:
    Finishing up carts (which was a big task).
    Finishing up other features that have been almost done for a while (such as planting trees).
    Fixing important bugs.
    Balancing current systems, in particular rare resources.
    Getting almost ready content into the game, such as mutants and more architecture parts.

September was paritally wasted because of my illness. Now that I'm feeling better we're going to push real hard to get as much done as possible this month. I will update the In Development section after discussing things my plans for this month in detail with the team.

Enjoy!

October 5 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

A very quick update tonight. I had to rest most of the day, but I'm in good form to work all night on the team's schedule. I've answered the latest round of Questions for the Developers.

Coming next is the ability to open multiple ground containers (this is part of our revisions for adding carts, so that items can be moved from ground containers to containers inside a cart), proper camera collision against buildings and trees (in testing right now) and more combat improvements.

I'll post again when these things are ready to be checked on the Test Server.

October 8 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

A quick update this morning. We are currently keeping the In Testing thread status up to date as we've increased the size of our player test team. This will let you everyone know what is being currently tested and if the test server is publicly available.

I haven't been doing so well the past few days, but we're moving forward with the latest round of changes. We'll focus on small bug fixes today and will patch out the current build to the public early this coming week.

October 10 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

Another quick update: I've answered the weekly Questions for the Developers for those interested. A few improvements (such as opening multiple containers and camera collision against trees and buildings) are ready to be patched out, but I'm waiting on some changes to combat (parrying) that need to be tested tonight.

Other things that are in being tested in house right now are:
    Carts
    Architecture ramp and platform parts.

Carts will probably take another week as there are many parts to this. Architecture ramps and platforms are almost ready, they just need recipes set up and thorough checking. I've increased the visible size of the Yakid Stone Post which has been a problem for a while. This will be patched out with the new architecture parts.

That's all for now!