Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wiki Flesh Out

I agree, an official site would probably be best. I put together the only fan site for Irth with thousands of items descriptions etc. Spent a couple years and a bazillion hours gathering information only to log into the game one day to find it was gone. I swore I would never do that again

I would however contribute what I could to a community effort like a wiki.

I am really glad this is getting the needed attention. Now that the community is expressing interest in the "Official Xsyon Wiki" from devs/guides. The ball is in their court until they get it up and running so they and the community can all contribute.

I think the official wiki is where it should be.

Xsyon Citizen
    I agree, an official site would be best.
    Signed.

I would rather see a official wiki but I hope mediawiki is used than anything else as I can export and import pages.

The wikia page has 35 pages most of which are empty but the one I started has 205 currently. I have no problem with a official wiki and I hope I can export whatever is needed page wise or setup templates. I wish more people were interested in helping flesh out what I started as it has more than most I've seen but it's hard getting people to devote time to editing it. I've been really busy but I still have icons and images for each craft to upload I just need to find the time.

Official wiki please

Signed.

Would it be helpful, and feasible, to offer a monthly (or any appropriate period of time) reward in-game to the player(s) that contribute the most to an official wiki?

I just don't know what would drive more involvement to an official wiki as opposed to the one Zookeeper started and worked on... realistically. In essence, I'm suggesting employment of player community for intangible payment.
    If it is difficult to ascertain value of contribution objectively, quantify it. X number of pictures uploaded equals reward Y, etc.

Just an idea to speed up development. Perhaps some will not like the notion of having something outside the game having an effect on material balance within the game, but with a little imagination I think it could be worked into the lore and fabric of the in-game world.

Well I think more people would help if it were an official wiki some people don't want to contribute to a third party site...IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Kegan View Post
    Well I think more people would help if it were an official wiki some people don't want to contribute to a third party site...IMO
    Roger that, wikis have always added so much to any game I've played and with the depth of xsyon, it's an awesome contender. Lookin' forward to it. Have a lot of league play in BF3 coming up but down the road, hopefully I'll have more time to get in and help out.

Not playing anymore, but with all the new additions and changes since release people may feel more comfortable coming back and being "with the curve" having the wiki to refer to. When I played minecraft for a few weeks that wiki was my #1 visited page on chrome, haha.