Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    Someone has a reading comprehension problem here...either it's me, or most people posting.

1. he's anticipating another population rush, so he's trying to make sure his servers don't explode. It's definitely damned if you do damned if you don't on this one...get bum rushed, pbase get lagged, overcrowded, can't plant their totems OH THE HORRORZZZ screaming ranting. etc. If the rush not so bad, under or uneven populations on servers OMG NO ONE OT BPLAY WITH GHOST TOWN. Extra server is probably a better call...population can always even out.

2. Servers start with the same rule set. Both servers have safe zones at start. Sounds like 'war' will be the guinea pig for the pvp testings...lockable gates, tribe warfare, archery, pole arms, etc. Need to test it and balance it in a live environment? going there. Once it gets hashed out and sanitized it gets imp'd on the other server(s). But again, at least from what I read, BOTH SERVERS START OUT IDENTICAL, WAR WILL JUST EVOLVE FASTER WITH THE NEW PVP MECHANICS. unless my reading comprehension skill is not functioning correctly.

I don't see any reason not to go War- we come with our own crafters, so have no need for the carebear militia. We're here for the territorial game, so the place where it gets there the soonest is where we'll start out.
    Agreed but argument has flaws.

Split will be !=.

Other than that, ya the pvp tribes that do go War will be...formidable.

Quote Originally Posted by datagoblin View Post
    That and hormones thrown out of whack by expectations not met...Probably nappy time for some as well.
    The update also seems to indicate seperate update paths with Tribal Warfare features being pushed on WAR first, and Crafting/Community features being pushed on PEACE first. This alone creates many questions, which I posted above.

Quote Originally Posted by Redemp View Post
    Thats the only thing I want clarification on ... if in fact the Peace server will indeed lose its safe zones after prelude as planned.
    Per Jooky's update of March 4, 3:48PM:

The War server will have safe zones removed during the Prelude. The plan is to evolve this server to focus more on tribal warfare and conquest as quickly as possible.

The Peace server will retain its safe zones with tribes having the options to engage in tribal warfare or allow PvP on tribal lands. This server will evolve more for the crafting and building community.
    The interpertation seems quite straight forward if you just read the words.

War server loses safe zones at some set point - what the great majority of the pro PvP camp have been demanding. (Cowboy up and put your reputations on the line with no rule-set skirts to run and hide behind.) Peace server still allows for tribal warfare and PvP, only on a more consensual basis. What the 'carebear' crew as been demanding. (We get to build until we get bored, then we get to find someone to declare war upon. Once we're tired of war, we go back to building. Until we get bored again.)

How is this not what everyone has been demanding? What's the matter? Are you all afraid that the actual numbers might not back up your assertions that your way is the right way?

Quote Originally Posted by Bridger View Post

War server loses safe zones at some set point - what the great majority of the pro PvP camp have been demanding. (Cowboy up and put your reputations on the line with no rule-set skirts to run and hide behind.) Peace server still allows for tribal warfare and PvP, only on a more consensual basis. What the 'carebear' crew as been demanding. (We get to build until we get bored, then we get to find someone to declare war upon. Once we're tired of war, we go back to building. Until we get bored again.)

How is this not what everyone has been demanding? What's the matter? Are you all afraid that the actual numbers might not back up your assertions that your way is the right way?
    People hardly ever know what they REALLY want. Giving them what they want usually ends in disaster...

i thinkt he split pop question is a very valid concern...but really its an unknown until 'launch' and we see what crashes onto the servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridger View Post

Yeah I read it ... and am not clear on it. If the Peace servers tribal war is always going to be consensual ... then its a marked change from his orginal idea to open it up after prelude. If its going to remain as planned, as in AFTER the prelude the peace server will have tribal wars ( non consensual ) then it truly is just a population split for the betterment of launch day stability.

I'm fine with either.

I'm curious about how long the servers will continue to be named War and Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    I just got home and wow what a news. I'm very happy with this decision, one server for the players who want tribal wars and conflict, and a Peace server with optional tribal wars and safe zones.
    I know you don't understand and maybe never will, but you are being selfish. For your fragile peace of mind, the epic scope of this game, its life and profitability will suffer. There are a multitude of MMO lessons to draw from, that show this to be a monumental mistake. Wolves and sheep need each other, want each other, and dare I say, sometimes love each other (if you know what I mean).

Only the extreme will view this decision with glee.

There will be those, like you, whom will rejoice at the cool, clean drinks of water that they may sip safely at the river (BIRDS CHIRPING). The early evening trips in your best outfit to the campfire by the lake to tell scary stories of prelaunch will be most relaxing. You will gaze across your pointless fortifications and count again your 50 baskets of armor.

Then there will be the war server (THUNDER ROLLS). A place of despair... where the local chat wails in grieving of the lost General chat. A place where obese, naked savages dance on the lapping shores of the lake, using only their bound weapons.

I had hoped that the server would never split. The endless land beyond the mist will now roll back, only to be left barren. The servers populations will be grossly mismatched. The dream is in danger. If they split, at least use same ruleset!

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    BOTH SERVERS START OUT IDENTICAL, WAR WILL JUST EVOLVE FASTER WITH THE NEW PVP MECHANICS. unless my reading comprehension skill is not functioning correctly.
    With the latest announcement that the only difference between the servers will be "prelude safe zones removed" . I like Dubanka's foresight on this issue; That someday down the road PvPers may be satisfied. Talking to tribe members about trying out the War server.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have no idea where I belong now. While I was not planning a PvP-centric Tribe, I did want the element of this gameplay to be a reality on my server. I wanted a good mix of community and a harsh atmosphere. Now the whole thing seems whitewashed on both ends of the spectrum. I think this is a case of making a major change in the vision of the game when one wasn't needed, and now it may suffer in the end for it.

I understand the server-overload issue, but I would have rather seen login queues or something if that was the real issue.