Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Malivius View Post
    It's not exactly that. I'm willing to bet that most of the "boredom" comments are actually coming from non-griefing individuals who are trying to explain the actions of others. For those people that are griefing and using the excuse "I'm Bored", it's a cop out...
    So you are denying that anyone is actually going around killing other people as a result of the total lack of anything else to do in the game? And if anyone claims that's why they're doing it, they're just lying?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    So you are denying that anyone is actually going around killing other people as a result of the total lack of anything else to do in the game? And if anyone claims that's why they're doing it, they're just lying?
    No No! Not at all. I think our source of contention at the moment is the oddly undefinable term "griefing". Going around killing other people (regardless of the motivation) to me is...PvP. On the other hand, terraforming entire junkpiles or deforesting entire zones (with the sole intent to deprive another individual of said resources), falls under the somewhat agreed upon (at least in this thread) actions of a "griefer".

PvP is good, healthy even!

Quote Originally Posted by silverhaze View Post
    Post the co-ords of his city i'll chop down everything within 3 miles of it i hate idiots like that
    Cudos to you if you believe the words of a guy who left our tribe because we reported him for macroing.

Quote Originally Posted by SAbbath View Post
    Actualy Alex 2 of your guys Armand and Rhodes came over to our new tribe spot and wiped out every single tree and deleted most of them. I consider it griefing they not only affected our tribe they affected all the tribes around us. Oh you say stop them? How can we stop them when they did it after we logged out for the night. So in my book it is a form of griefing. They were also killing us if we stepped out of our protected zones.The best part of this is none of us have ever killed anyone.
    Interesting. Did you see them delete the trees because what they probably did was cut them down, and then do some woodworking. And, the last I heard, that was considered a legitimate practice. Unless you can prove they were in fact deleted, then your accusation of griefing is void. Besides, Hopi members understand the value of wood as a resource. We wouldn't destroy the logs if we could use them.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Armand View Post
    Cudos to you if you believe the words of a guy who left our tribe because we reported him for macroing.
    Why wouldn't we believe the words of a guy who left your tribe because you reported him for macroing?

Quote Originally Posted by Malivius View Post
    No No! Not at all. I think our source of contention at the moment is the oddly undefinable term "griefing". Going around killing other people (regardless of the motivation) to me is...PvP. On the other hand, terraforming entire junkpiles or deforesting entire zones (with the sole intent to deprive another individual of said resources), falls under the somewhat agreed upon (at least in this thread) actions of a "griefer".

PvP is good, healthy even!
    As far as I'm concerned, denying someone access to resources is a viable strategic option. Real people have been doing it in real life for millenia and in RTS games for the better part of a decade. Personally, I think it's fine to do so, just that it's currently much too easy and too quick to do so in this game.

As an outsider looking in, id be more likely to trust someone in this game who macros than someone who reported their own tribe member for macroing...

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    As an outsider looking in, id be more likely to trust someone in this game who macros than someone who reported their own tribe member for macroing...
    Armand wasn't the one who actually reported him. Sabbath apparently fished his character into exhaustion over and over again until someone made a joke about it in general chat. The joke in general chat prompted a guide to teleport to Sabbath's location, verify that he was AFK, and then dump him in the lake. After that, Sabbath left the tribe voluntarily.

We in know way forced him out, nor did we ask him to leave.

more looking for a reason to log in than anything else

Xsyon Citizen
    So in other words, he left the tribe after you reported him for macroing? I thought that was already said?